DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The more I think on it, the more disappointed I am in the cold corporateness of the WWE reaction...from that one line "she's on her own" statement to this.  To a certain level, the whole "we're a family who looks out for our own" thing was nice...I mean, a level waaaay below "covering up for Snuka"...but shit, given that you'd think the proper wrestling response would be to rally around a worker who got busted for something stupid like this instead of just instant corporate shredding.

Where's the carny family honor, Hunter?  You think your old heroes wouldn't circle the wagons for a few weeks until this blew over? 

Anybody else find it weird that they use her stage name of "Emma" in the statement instead of her real name like they usually do?

The jobbers a few weeks ago didn't get their real names in the statement.

Now I will never know what JTG stands for.

She was probably on the bubble anyway. It was pretty obvious they had no plans for her.

Well, if anyone knew how to pop a bubble...

Edit: too slow. Between this and the absent minded clumsy girl getting emmadeavored, vaudeville is dead.

The more I think on it, the more disappointed I am in the cold corporateness of the WWE reaction...from that one line "she's on her own" statement to this.  To a certain level, the whole "we're a family who looks out for our own" thing was nice...I mean, a level waaaay below "covering up for Snuka"...but shit, given that you'd think the proper wrestling response would be to rally around a worker who got busted for something stupid like this instead of just instant corporate shredding.

Where's the carny family honor, Hunter?  You think your old heroes wouldn't circle the wagons for a few weeks until this blew over? 

Dude, publically traded company.  The share holders won't stand for this behavior!!!!  

You really expect a corporation to have a heart?

Anybody else find it weird that they use her stage name of "Emma" in the statement instead of her real name like they usually do?

John The Guy.

WWE did such a crap job of marketing her that i almost feel like TNA might do it by accident. They'll bring her in as a femme fatale and she'll be so goofy at it that she'll be a super over babyface. Then, three weeks later, they'll repackage her as a desklamp or something.

Emma as the Pixar desklamp? That'd be adorable.

• Like 1

Dude, publically traded company.  The share holders won't stand for this behavior!!!!  

The Wise guys and Carnies are killed by an avalanche of TPS reports.

THINGS AIN'T WHAT THEY USED TO BE AND I DONA LIKE IT!!!

She was probably on the bubble anyway. It was pretty obvious they had no plans for her.

Well, if anyone knew how to pop a bubble...

Edit: too slow. Between this and the absent minded clumsy girl getting emmadeavored, vaudeville is dead.

False.

nxt-061914-the-vaudevillains-3.jpg

• Like 10

Regarding Emma, I've seen the theory of a work Visa issue being floated around.  In that case, I can totally see why they would release her.

According to Bix on twitter, who contacted the Hartford police department, there were no work visa problems.  The charge was dropped in exchange for one day of community service.

• Like 1

Regarding Emma, I've seen the theory of a work Visa issue being floated around. In that case, I can totally see why they would release her.

According to Bix on twitter, who contacted the Hartford police department, there were no work visa problems. The charge was dropped in exchange for one day of community service.

He contacted the police dept?? Lolololol. He's a regular Seymour Hersh that guy.

• Like 3

Inexplicable Employment. He had a good run on that platform.

• Like 1

Are you calling Mitt Romney a liar?

Piper vs Hitman at WM 8.

I probably should have mentioned besides this one as I'm looking more for stuff I haven't seen and have heard little about. This is the one really good Piper match I hear talked about often.

Gotcha. In that case, check out Piper/Flair/Kevin Greene vs Hall/Nash/Syxx at Slamboree 1997. It's one of the best NWO matches, as well as one of the best performances by a celebrity in a match. Kevin Greene could have been really good if he'd become a wrestler when he retired from football.

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.