DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

No, he's old school grappler and Italian legend Bruno Sanmartino Marelli.

Not nearly enough back hair. Though I guess in the right light that horrible lion he has on his back would count. He needs Bruno's swaft comb over though for the complete look. Before he started going bald, Bruno had a marvelous head of hair.

Won't someone, anyone please be a good samaritan, track down Neidhart, and tell him about Casual Male and Destination XL? They have locations throughout the US or he can shop online, while probably not wearing anything.

Okay - the next Santino retired joke is earning someone a timeout.

You have all been fucking warned

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but sometime soon, someone who doesn't pay close attention to this thread is going to come in and completely sincerely ask about Santino's retirement.

I am sooo tempted to start a betting pool on that.

IndolentSleepyAmazontreeboa.gif

Gutted about Santino retiring, legit a highlight every time he appeared on screen.

I've heard the explanation for the Hulk Helmet before but I can't for the life of me remember - anyone englighten me?

He had a storyline(?) concussion and coke fueled creativity dreamed up something they thought they kids would eat up.

Plus he was feuding with Haku and needed something to counter not being able to headbutt him. Who knows what the hell they were thinking. The helmet might have looked slightly better if it wasn't that horrible shade of red and yellow.

The GFW database is alive and well and will shortly be adding 500 new names.  In related news, someone sent Jeff Jarrett a copy of Firepro Wrestling.

Fingers crossed that Jarrett can sign that Dick Slender guy

Do you think he has a shot at acquiring Kin Korn Karn and Giant Panther, too?

• Like 2

The GFW database is alive and well and will shortly be adding 500 new names.  In related news, someone sent Jeff Jarrett a copy of Firepro Wrestling.

Fingers crossed that Jarrett can sign that Dick Slender guy

Do you think he has a shot at acquiring Kin Korn Karn and Giant Panther, too?

I'd prefer to see him sign Coco Savage, but I'm not sure you can put that gimmick on TV

I loved that game when I was younger (and arcades were still a thing).

In all seriousness I'm sad that Santino can't go anymore.

I would've loved him to have just 15 minutes in the ring with Simon Gotch down in NXT.

You know how sometimes, you don't realize how bad you want something until you know you can't have it?

Yeah, that.

• Like 1

I am not sure where to post this, and I may do this again in the coming weeks, but we are doing a feud retrospective for a podcast that I am an occasional contributor.

One of the first feuds I suggested was Foley and HHH as I feel there is a lot of ground to cover there.

This is what I thought was the key stuff to cover with it. Am I missing anything?

1) King of the Ring 1997

2) Canadian Stampede

3) Summerslam 1997 (Cage Match)

4) MSG RAW (Cactus Jack Debut)

5) Summerslam 1999 Main Event (Triple Threat for WWF Title)

6) RAW the next night (HHH's First Title Win)

7) Royal Rumble 2000

8) No Way Out 2000

I know there's the Mania 2000 angle, but I am not sure that is necessary for this discussion.

Mick's participation at Mania 2000 should be scrubbed from history

Agreed.  The should Benoit him from the event.  

The worst booking idea ever for that Mania was watering down your money match (Rock vs. HHH) and turning it into that four way.

I was thinking about that last night. The booking and the build going into that was kind of convoluted.

You obviously had four guys that were intertwined, but that was not something the paying public cared to see.

If you combine a solid Rock/HHH match with that ladder match, you have a more fondly remembered WrestleMania.