DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2022 - THREAD 2

Dolfan in NYC

24 minutes ago, Infinit said:

According to Meltzer, Dynamite is getting a revamped look in January. Im excited to see what esthetic changes are made!

I just saw where TK alluded to that in a recent interview somewhere. I'm hoping that with Michael Mansury's hiring from WWE that this doesn't mean LEDs all over everything - truss IS pro-wrestling - but I'll reserve judgment until I see it. And really, there have been very, very few times I've been let down by AEW visually/presentation-wise. They seem to have a willingness to accept feedback on those sorts of things, for example I remember TK giving credit to fans on Twitter for making suggestions on bringing back the natural crowd lights instead of the colored fills, and bringing back the announce table shot where the ring is behind them from the early shows. Hell, I remember one week during the Daily's era there were red mats around the ring - I and a few others said here the red reminded us too much of Raw, and they were never seen again. So even if it isn't absolutely perfect, I'm sure they'll make adjustments here and there. Overall, though, new or interesting venues/sets/entrance ramps/aisles are oddly one of my favorite aspects of wrestling-as-a-broadcast, so I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 5

Picked up tickets to Dynamite in March. Even though we got them on the presale, we went with the cheapies. $45 is a lot better than $100. The arena is small enough that there really isn't a bad seat. It took some coordination, as we needed 8 tickets but they had a max of 6. Looking at the ticket distribution; floor seat are all sold out, most of the lower bowl facing the hard camera side is gone. Lower bowl opposite the camera has a couple sections wide open, but the middle three sections are all gone. Most of the upper bowl facing the hard camera is still available. They didn't open the upper bowl opposite to the cam and I would be really surprised if they did

• Like 9

On 12/14/2022 at 3:32 PM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Yeah, I was trying to think of that exact thing before! Can't do w/l record because its a work - why wouldn't you just take a Roman or someone like that? Then I got to thinking, what about using Dave's star ratings? But that presents a problem too, because why wouldn't you take an Omega or an Okada or someone super suited to his specific tastes. I think what would make the most sense is a star rating average from (let's say) 4-5 different reviewers, but that gets overcomplicated (plus, it's not like a football Sunday with live stat tracker - you'd have to wait for reviews to come out).  I'm going to keep brainstorming though! I think we may have something here.

Man, I read "take a Roman" and got confused for a second.

• Haha 1

Michael Mansbury worked with WWE from 2009 to 2020, he was supposed to be one of the guys who coulda replaced Dunn. His stuff probably will look more like old NXT from years ago and less of the old TNA and WCW Thunder look AEW has now. Or maybe not, whatevero.

• Like 1

Gorging my eyeballs into a puddle of pink on this late-nite archive.org binge and I've gotta ask - how much of PAC's game is bit offa Masato Yoshino's? It's not an insult, just an observation. Yeah I know their history. Maybe it's just the DG style and the hair and the tassles but that's enough to peg it.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I think she's a legal adult now, so I don't see why they couldn't sign her if they wanted to. 

I don't think she's graduated high school yet.  I know that's when Nick Wayne's contract kicks in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jenalysis said:

I think they're sitting on a gold mine with Willow.

If she hadn't already been fed to Jade, I'd want her to be the one to upset Jade.

They don’t fully realize it yet but Willow vs Athena is the feud to drive people to ROH next year. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1