DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2022 - THREAD 2

Dolfan in NYC

I mean the laser graphics instead of the rainbow paint explosions is an upgrade visually. I just hope the color scheme isn't locked to red & blue. I will be especially annoyed if they do blue lasers for Dynamite and red for Rampage or vice verse. But if they can rotate in different schemes or pick colors other than red & blue it's all good.

• Like 2

They worked for 9 months to come up with the new AEW set. Kevin Sullivan (not the wrestler) who used to work for TNA and works for AEW helped with the set. They created the new look for the new brand identity.

Seems modified Logo too. 

Yes the rainbow explosions morphed into the paint spatter. But similar ideas graphically.

I'm of two minds about the set. Its always exciting to see a new look. I do not like how WWE is bright a flashy LED screens EVERYWHERE. 30 foot entrance LED. Posts. Rails. Ring skirts. Its too much. It's gaudy. And I hope AEW doesn't move in that direction.

That said, I have aesthetically liked when AEW has done LED stuff in the past. Grand Slam & Forbidden Door & the original Revolution looks were all great. So bring on the lasers & LEDs baby. Let's turn this show into one long entrance for Glacier lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'll be so glad when this overrated piece of shit is staring at the house lights on a nightly basis in WWE. It has nothing to do with his Christmas comment or Bryan Danielson, just in general.

Edited by Andrew POE!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jenalysis said:

I'm guessing Eddie's gonna end up blaming Ortiz, it ends up being Santana.

Eddie has to deal with another problem of his own making.

I'm hoping it's either something like this or the rumors of Ortiz & Santana patching things up are true and he comes back to even the fight up. Maybe Diamante to neutralize Julia...

On 12/24/2022 at 3:26 AM, SprintingFromAmerica said:

The thing about Hangman is that he is/was a proper babyface who the smart fans are willing and able to get behind. Natural babyface charisma - that doesn't come around that often. And AEW are essentially blowing that.

Punk is a crossover star, and despite usual criticisms is a very good pro-wrestler. But he is essentially a heel character (same with Rock and Austin), despite being able to emotionally connect with some fans very strongly. Nothing wrong with any of that, but I still feel like Hanger was/is the more precious commodity.

Punk has always been a very uneasy babyface at best... and that's from the horse's mouth. He's said he never wears the white hat well, even though the fans almost always go for him. Page OTOH is as natural a babyface as we've had come down the pipeline in years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pete said:

Punk has always been a very uneasy babyface at best... and that's from the horse's mouth. He's said he never wears the white hat well, even though the fans almost always go for him. Page OTOH is as natural a babyface as we've had come down the pipeline in years.

I do think AEW is in a danger zone with Hangman- he's starting to git of Naito's smell in the not really winning the big one.  He has to go over Mox, maybe even give Mox his well-earned vacation.

Maybe a Loser Leaves for 30-90 days stip to their next match, perhaps after Hangman gives Mox a concussion, and TK gets tired of them interfering with each other?

• Like 1