DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2022 - THREAD 2

Dolfan in NYC

47 minutes ago, Matt D said:

They don’t fully realize it yet but Willow vs Athena is the feud to drive people to ROH next year. 

Beloved Kindness vs Cruel Charisma. With good storytelling that could be a huge feud.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Jenalysis said:

I think they're sitting on a gold mine with Willow.

If she hadn't already been fed to Jade, I'd want her to be the one to upset Jade.

I still think there's a decent chance that's where we might be heading - she's gotten a little closer every time. Plans may have changed given who may apparently be available in January, but every time the question of Jade's streak comes up, I always mention Willow's got big dollar sign potential as a Yes-Era-Danielson- style underdog.

I also agree Willow vs Athena would be an awesome feud in ROH, AEW, or anywhere else, and their current personas are ripe for the interacting, as discussed - it really does almost have that 'books itself' element. It would probably get more eyeballs on the main AEW show, but we still have no idea how this rosters going to be set up yet as far as shared talent and things. I cannot imagine that any of the current ROH champions outside of the Briscoes are going to be exclusive to ROH - though I did think it was kinda weird Brian Cage didn't have Kaun and the other gentleman out there with him when he wrestled Jungle Boy the other Wednesday, fresh off the Six-Man title win. I guess given that he was doing the favor and there's no ROH show to currently promote, it may not have been worth flying the other two in or something, but just thinking out loud.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zendragon said:

Stokley should acquire the services of Disorderly Conduct so that Big Bill, Mean Mike and Tough Tom can go for trio's gold

As Double B.M.T? Damn, I could go for a couple of those right now!

Edited by Shartnado
mmmm...Italian BMT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Update On Kenny Omega’s Contract Status in AEW

It was previously reported that Kenny Omega’s contract with AEW will be up at the end of January, as he initially signed a four-year deal in 2019. However, the company is currently advertising him for their debut in Winnipeg, which happens on March 14.

According to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio, Omega’s contract was likely extended due to his time off from injuries. At this time, it’s unknown that a new deal has been signed.

It was also noted that The Young Bucks are under contract until the end of 2023, and whatever decision Omega makes, he’ll likely want to wait for the Bucks so they can make it together. They did something similar in 2018, when they all left NJPW together to start AEW.

Edited by Dolphman 3000

7 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

So the true "bidding war of 2024" may be with Omega & The Bucks. J*m C*rn*tte will have a coronary if they sign with the WWE. I can see Omega adapting his style to fit WWE and the Bucks will have a harder time changing but it'll happen for them.

The upcoming year is going to really crucial for AEW whether they realize it or not. The solution isn't surprises every week but solid logical storylines. It may be too late for them if they don't change.

6 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Maybe we just need to make everything even so they can all work together again. Kenny gets to bite Ace Steel and Punk gets to punch Omega’s dog. The Bucks and FTR switch haircuts. Danielson faces everyone.

No. Kenny can only work GLEAT. 

• Thanks 1

Chris Jericho Suggests He Might Team With Kenny Omega for AEW in Winnipeg

On what he thinks will be happening in mid-March: “In mid-March, we’ll probably have a lot of cool things going. We’ve already discussed a few ideas of what we could do that night. Maybe something with Kenny and I, Kenny and I tagging, it all depends on what the storylines are. It doesn’t matter what the exact storylines are, I know it’s going to be a great show.”

Team Canada (Jericho, Omega, O'Reilly, 2.0) vs. Team America (Punk, Darby, Cole, FTR)

Hell, have Cole put his Owen Hart Cup on the line

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, twiztor said:

did it ever come out what happened to Santana? is his team with Ortiz done? i miss those underappereciated dudes together.

I don't think I've seen a thing about him since his knee exploded but apparently he was amongst the other AEW crew at a recent God's Hate show in Brooklyn. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dog said:

Okay, I'm finally going to ask this. What is it about CM Punk that you like so much? 

He got me back into wrestling after Benoit turned me off of it. If it wasn’t for the pipebomb and the run after that, I wouldn’t care about any of this most likely.

• Like 9