DVDVR Message Board

Annual WWE Future Endeavoring Thread

2 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I bet a few of these guys also wanted out. Wade's just making it public. I could see Sandow and Zeb both deciding to just go do their own thing for a while.

Also: The only guy they cut who meant anything was Wade. He had an awesome run with Nexus. It stinks he was really injury prone throughout his career. It's hard to invest in someone who could break down at any time. He was my favorite guy for a little while but obviously he was banged up quite a bit.

Sandow was entertaining but he was over for doing things like throwing himself off of an apron to impersonate Miz. It was a short-lived act. It got over but you can only run with a gimmick like that before it gets stale. He was a fun character before that run but he wasn't a world beater or anything.

Also: Is Miz a HOF guy? He's a friggin' miracle worker.

Remember when they showed enough faith in Sandow to have him win MITB?

Then they immediately jobbed him to oblivion wasting a major PPV.

Love to know the story behind that decision.  If Sandow does a tell-all make that question number one.

35 minutes ago, zev said:

ROH as either a member of the new Kingdom or long lost cousin Aaron Briscoe.

He's the black sheep of the Briscoe family since he has all his teeth, speaks proper English, isn't a chicken farmer, doesn't drink Natty Light, etc. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He's the black sheep of the Briscoe family since he has all his teeth, speaks proper English, isn't a chicken farmer, doesn't drink Natty Light, etc. 

"What is this Natty Light you speak of, cousin Mark? The only Natty I know of is a former co-worker from Canada."

• Like 1

As one of the only Alex Riley fans here, I will always believe he should've been a top guy after the face turn in 2011. Definitely don't get people saying he didn't have charisma, crowd was always hot for him even while he was turning heel in NXT recently. Always a real solid promo guy and never thought he was bad in the ring at all, just rarely ever got a chance to do anything. The release is definitely no surprise but I look forward to seeing where he ends up working next.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J.H. said:

Riley shooting his mouth off on twitter after AJ's debut at the Rumble kinda seale his fate I think.

James

Apple didn't fall far from the tree with all the shit his Father got in to.

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Fine in theory, but how many guys who leave to come back actually come back? The only guys who've gone and come back in the last few years are the Duds, Goldust and Gallows (Umaga was ages ago). Whereas MVP left to come back and never returned, Lashley never came back, Mr Kennedy never came back, Drew Galloway's not back, Chris Masters isn't back, Mike Knox isn't back...

Those guys ain't family. 

In all seriousness - one of the worst things to come from the WWE being the only game in town is that acts can't keep their characters fresh nor can mature as a performer. Letting them go to work the indy and Japan circuit is only beneficial to their own growth.

39 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Riley shooting his mouth off on twitter after AJ's debut at the Rumble kinda seale his fate I think.

James

And all the smack he talked on the indies in general makes one wonder if any promotion worth a damn would even book him if he were to be hard to deal with.

Sandow has posted an email on Twitter for booking; I wonder if Riley will, or if he'll just call it a day.

7 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Also: Is Miz a HOF guy? He's a friggin' miracle worker.

Sandow was over as Macho Mandow. He was over as a heel as the Intellectual Saviour.

It's true that people want to see the Miz get punched in the face, but that's not all Sandow had going for him. Riley, I'll buy it. That GIF of him jumping up into the audience only for everyone to ignore him sums him up pretty well.

And judging by Sandow, Fandango has a couple of years left before they let him go. And now I'm wishing for a Fandandow pairing, just because of the name.

1 hour ago, Josh Mann said:

So.....Fandango....how?

They put him back on TV right when Dancing with the Stars came back for another season. He survived because someone thinks people won't flip the channel from USA to ABC if RAW already has enough athletes "who can dance." He'll stay on at least till after Paige Van Zant gets that mirror ball.

No, wait, if that were true, we'd still have 2 Funkadactyls. Umm, the guy from payroll's cella phone ran out of battery life just before he went to call Fandango and Tony Atlas wasn't around to hand him a replacement?

4 hours ago, Super Ape said:

And all the smack he talked on the indies in general makes one wonder if any promotion worth a damn would even book him if he were to be hard to deal with.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: You wouldn't believe the shit indy promoters will put up with if they think a guy has a snowball's chance in hell of drawing a house.  Not that I think Alex Riley will ever do that on his best day, but stranger shit's happened. 

• Like 2

Alex Riley vs the Gracie Evening Torres is married to as a touring match before intermissions in armories around the nation.

*EDIT*

Eve Torres.  Damn you phone autocorrect.

Evening Torres is the Fire Pro equivalent of Eve Torres, right?

Can't wait for the bitterness in the A-Ry shoot video. Had to play his titantron in tribute of the great fallen star, Alex Riley, as well.

Truly a black day for the company, and thus, the world with Barrett leaving. I already knew he was going to be gone this summer, but still wasn't prepared for the day it actually happened. As a huge fan of his, it should go without saying that I agree with all the statements about how he had so much potential that was ruined time after time.  I'm not sure how I feel about him going to another company....yet. If another company utilizes him properly and he has a chance to shine, I'll be happy. For now, unfortunately, I'll have to add him to the list of wrestlers that should have won a world title but never did...right behind William Regal.

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

• Like 10

13 hours ago, Josh Mann said:

Sandow was the weak leak of the MegaPowers impersonation. Real talk. 

Sandow was solid as Macho Mandow, but Axel's commitment to Axelmania was incredible.  Legitimately good work.  But alas, something else Hogan ruined with his stupidity.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Holy Fuck - Sandow as a Brisoce cousin is something I never knew I wanted till now

Would it work- I think some indy promotion, somewhere, is already saving up money to book "Young Bucks vs. [local team], Young Bucks' Special Guest Stunt Double Damien Sandow."  

Even if they work ROH almost exclusively, it's going to happen eventually.