DVDVR Message Board

Annual WWE Future Endeavoring Thread

1 hour ago, Ramsey said:

No....I'M Idaho. You seem like more of a Michigan.

Sorry I totally misread your post. Did you know the can/bottle deposit is ten cents there??

Also if Goldust gets let go I'd be so damn mad. Not only should he be training guys but he should occupy that "random legend" spot previously held by Hacksaw, Piper, Snuka etc for the foreseeable future 

• Like 3

Wade Barrett makes it official, per twitter. Done a few weeks early.  Says he's gonna take a break from wrestling, but will be back "when the time is right."

What makes you think we're gonna need a thread? They haven't had a "purge day" for a few years now...

EDIT: That's what I get for not checking twitter before posting. Dang. No one they'll miss, but I feel like Riley could've been marginally more than he ended up being...

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Not only should he be training guys but he should occupy that "random legend" spot previously held by Hacksaw, Piper, Snuka etc for the foreseeable future 

Agreed.  He can take the semi-annual match spot Sgt. Slaughter used to have.

28 minutes ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

So far the list stands at Santino Marella, Cameron, Hornswoggle, Alex Riley, El Torito and Zeb Colter. Are they updating this based on when the talent answers the phone? I'd put my phone on silent if I were Fandango. 

EDIT: I mean Jack Swagger since three of us made the same joke within seconds of each other. 

This list should at least double by the end of the day.  

I don't think Fandango is a mistake.  Even with his recent TV time there is not much for him.

Does Sandow stay?

21 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I don't think that's ever been a concern.   Hell, I half expect Tyler to get tossed out also. 

(Of course, keeping 47 year old Golddust & 44 year old R-Truth over Fandango & Tyler would be infuriating.)

If you can make it to 40 you are set in terms of a job and push.

That makes no sense but it does.

After all the stuff with his drug test, gotta feel like Adam Rose is sweating today too. Although, they might keep him around so as to have some control over his social media output for the foreseeable future. 

And boy did Zack Ryder "get hot at the right time" or what? Three months ago, he's getting ulcers. Now I think he's squarely in the safe zone...

4 minutes ago, just drew said:

And boy did Zack Ryder "get hot at the right time" or what? Three months ago, he's getting ulcers. Now I think he's squarely in the safe zone...

I don't know, that day long intercontinental championship run seems like the perfect "gold watch" to thank you for years of service.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, just drew said:

After all the stuff with his drug test, gotta feel like Adam Rose is sweating today too. Although, they might keep him around so as to have some control over his social media output for the foreseeable future. 

Ironically, getting cut now might help him on the indies since he got hot again.

Just now, supremebve said:

I don't know, that day long intercontinental championship run seems like the perfect "gold watch" to thank you for years of service.

I could see that, too. I think he's moved himself ahead of some guys though. Fandango, Swagger, Slater, Rose, and Konnor all come to mind.

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

Ironically, getting cut now might help him on the indies since he got hot again.

I don't wanna see anyone lose their job, especially when it's at the highest level one can get in their profession, but his shoot interview deal would be unprecedented, right?

13 minutes ago, just drew said:

I could see that, too. I think he's moved himself ahead of some guys though. Fandango, Swagger, Slater, Rose, and Konnor all come to mind.

Why Konnor and not the other guy in that tag team, who's name I can't even remember.  There is no reason to keep the other guy in the worst tag team on the roster.  At least Konnor looks like he could be a good wrestler, he's not, but he looks like a guy who might be.  The other guy is the balding guy with a ponytail, who looks like the old guy who is trying to hit on chicks way too hot and way too young, for him at the bar.

I selfishly want Dolph and Sandow to keep their jobs, simply so I don't have to see them on any indie shows, surrounded by wreddit posters talking about how they were underutilized in the WWE and actually were the best workers.

• Like 4

For what it's worth, R-Truth is actually really good in his role.  I don't watch wrestling for goofy comedy segments, but I can't lie his confused gimmick gave me a couple of laughs.  

• Like 1

Sandows release is sad yet unsurprising, the pops he got during the Miz storyline were so good.

EDIT: On one of the sitez~! (lords of pain) it lists the people that were released and then a couple of items down has Zayn talking about his WWE future and E.Young talking about his contract status. I found it humorous.