DVDVR Message Board

Annual WWE Future Endeavoring Thread

Meltz brings the entertaining typos!

Colter, also known for many years as Dutch Mantel, had been with WWE since 2013, which was second stint with the company. In the mid-90’s he managed the Blu Brothers (Ron and Don Harris) and Justin “Hawk” Bradshaw (JBL) as Uncle Zedekiah. He returned in 2013 to manage Jack Swagger. He received a lot of press as an outspoken pro-American xenophobic mouthpiece, even getting mentions on the popular Glenn Beck show on FOX News. WWE toned down the character after a couple of months while of course led to the Swagger character cooling off as well. He later added Cesaro to his stable as “The Ream Americans”. That pairing was short-lived as Cesaro broke off from the team to align with Paul Heyman.

• Like 2

Oh, I forgot Ryback. No way he gets through this stuff unscathed, right? He's not wrong about the absurd nature of the pay scale, but Vince doesn't care about that....

If you created a Hall of fame for the WWE developmentals,  Sandow would be there just for his work in OVW about 10 years ago with Jersey Shore Crew and his threesome gimmick with Shelly Martinez and Beth Phoenix.  Great stuff.  

People are comparing him to Zack Ryder but Sandow got over on shit that the WWE actually thought of and was still buried.  Ryder stuff was mostly his idea and his idea only.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

If you created a Hall of fame for the WWE developmentals,  Sandow would be there just for his work in OVW about 10 years ago with Jersey Shore Crew and his threesome gimmick with Shelly Martinez and Beth Phoenix.  Great stuff.  

Yeah, he had some good work as Idol Stevens. Him and KC James were a solid heel team for a couple of years too.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Honestly - Sandow was the biggest victim of Hogan's racism

That's a great point, but I still think it would have gotten over if he and Axel just came out, as themselves, and said they were done paying homage to the legends of the past because they are the legends of the future.   Plus, I'm pissed we didn't hear Sandow's sweet rock version of Hallelujah on tv more

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

And Titus O'Neill is a pick 'em bet.

Doesn't Titus still have to accompany someone to Disney World or something? I think he's safe.

Darren Young would've been an easy release if it wasn't such a bad look for the company. Who would've picked him and Slater as the last Nexus guys standing (presumably they'll outlast Ryback)?

Gotta imagine the Ascension are gone based on the quality of the releases thus far, and one of them getting a wellness violation.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, Jack Swagger needs to throw his phone in the ocean. 

Phone?  Just to be safe, Swagger needs to throw himself in the ocean.  Rent some scuba equipment, jump off the pier, live underwater among the fishies for a few weeks.  Vince will never find him there.

1 minute ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Phone?  Just to be safe, Swagger needs to throw himself in the ocean.  Rent some scuba equipment, jump off the pier, live underwater among the fishies for a few weeks.  Vince will never find him there.

Don't know if that's gonna work so well...