DVDVR Message Board

Annual WWE Future Endeavoring Thread

Cody's moment was during the Brotherhood - as soon as he went Stardust he was pretty fucked long-term. It is what it is. He did a top job differentiating Stardust from Cody in terms of moveset and whatnot, but there was always questions about his ringwork & whether he could handle a main-event role. You look at the guys n gals holding the belts, and they're pretty much all a class above him in one respect or another - with the probable exception of Kofi who kinda got lucky. Cody's solid, but that ain't enough in 2016.

There are rumblings of further releases to come. I'd be throwing my phone away if I'm Erick Rowan or The Ascension. I think we'll see further deck clearing before the year is out - it's a New Era, yes it is.

4 hours ago, CHIKARA MARK~! said:

Cody's moment was during the Brotherhood - as soon as he went Stardust he was pretty fucked long-term. It is what it is. He did a top job differentiating Stardust from Cody in terms of moveset and whatnot, but there was always questions about his ringwork & whether he could handle a main-event role. You look at the guys n gals holding the belts, and they're pretty much all a class above him in one respect or another - with the probable exception of Kofi who kinda got lucky. Cody's solid, but that ain't enough in 2016.

There are rumblings of further releases to come. I'd be throwing my phone away if I'm Erick Rowan or The Ascension. I think we'll see further deck clearing before the year is out - it's a New Era, yes it is.

IDK how many more people you can release, given you're going to have to support two separate tv rosters, complete with house show tours. You're gonna need at least 30-40 talents per brand to allow for injuries/time off. Even if you have 10-12 more guys at nXt ready to come up, it'd still make me nervous to fire very many more, especially given that Ryback, Henry and possibly Swagger are on their way out.

Maybe they'll adapt NXT's way of handling it? Getting local talent or signing wrestlers they trust to limited contracts for houseshow/JTTS purposes.

It'll be more cost effective, double as tryouts, and help expose their wrestlers to a more expanded talent roster. Win-win situation for everyone involved.

10 hours ago, turk128 said:

Maybe they'll adapt NXT's way of handling it? Getting local talent or signing wrestlers they trust to limited contracts for houseshow/JTTS purposes.

It'll be more cost effective, double as tryouts, and help expose their wrestlers to a more expanded talent roster. Win-win situation for everyone involved.

To be fair, WWE did this in the early 2000s with Velocity and Heat. That's how we got the pretty awesome Bryan/Cena match from like 2003. 

6 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

To be fair, WWE did this in the early 2000s with Velocity and Heat. That's how we got the pretty awesome Bryan/Cena match from like 2003. 

and Bryan/Jamie Noble