DVDVR Message Board

Annual WWE Future Endeavoring Thread

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Boo!!!! For a long time he was the 2nd best wrestler in the company

Wee-LC is one of my favorite WWE matches of the last five years. No joke. 

A bidding war? TNA and GFW would have to have money for that to happen.

Jarrett's going to pay in Global Force Gold. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jstout said:

Would Barrett be a good pickup (when he starts wrestling again) for NJPW?

Sure, but he'd probably just get turned into dust within two minutes of being in the ring with Shibata or Ishii.

• Like 1

I bet a few of these guys also wanted out. Wade's just making it public. I could see Sandow and Zeb both deciding to just go do their own thing for a while.

Also: The only guy they cut who meant anything was Wade. He had an awesome run with Nexus. It stinks he was really injury prone throughout his career. It's hard to invest in someone who could break down at any time. He was my favorite guy for a little while but obviously he was banged up quite a bit.

Sandow was entertaining but he was over for doing things like throwing himself off of an apron to impersonate Miz. It was a short-lived act. It got over but you can only run with a gimmick like that before it gets stale. He was a fun character before that run but he wasn't a world beater or anything.

Also: Is Miz a HOF guy? He's a friggin' miracle worker.

6 hours ago, nofuture said:

Looks like Alex Reily's been released too.  The purge begins.

Did they at least say it to his face?

That's what I get for being at work all day. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
beaten to the punch on the joke

4 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

If there's anyone on the roster that I'd want them to be released for their own good it's Bo Dallas. He needs to get to Japan for a year or two. It would do him a lot of good growth wise when he returns.

Fine in theory, but how many guys who leave to come back actually come back? The only guys who've gone and come back in the last few years are the Duds, Goldust and Gallows (Umaga was ages ago). Whereas MVP left to come back and never returned, Lashley never came back, Mr Kennedy never came back, Drew Galloway's not back, Chris Masters isn't back, Mike Knox isn't back...

47 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Also: Is Miz a HOF guy? He's a friggin' miracle worker.

WWE HOF? Easily if he stays on good terms with the company. He'll be one of those Godfather-esque mid-week reveals before Mania 51, and you'll be like "Oh shit, The Miz. I remember when he was the host of Smackdown during the first brand split."

Also Bo Dallas isn't going anywhere unless he wants to with those family connections.

My thoughts on the releases:

Wade Barrett - One of the most misused stars ever who went from main eventer to a midcard geek to midcarder with a hot gimmick down to a midcard geek losing every week on Raw. He had everything WWE liked but they did everything they could to sabotage him. Nexus' loss to Team Cena and Cena beating him during his Nexus run were some of the worst bookings WWE ever did. I hope NJPW picks him up as he'd be perfect.

Sandow - Another victim of bad booking. Was maybe the 3rd or 4th most over person on the roster at one point but it was squandered after he split from Miz. No follow-up or anything. I think he's your stereotypical WWE guy - Good character wise and passable in ring.. He was underused and should have gotten a crack at a main event or two.

Riley - A 3rd victim of bad booking. Noticing a trend? Was overpushed for a while and when he split from Miz, like Sandow, he was super over. What do they do? Job him and forget him about. Didn't he piss Cena off?

Santino - Was awesome in OVW as Boris Alexiev. I didn't like his initial intro when he won the IC title. I though he did really good and was THE comedy guy for the company. Didn't know he was still employed. I hope he heals up and he should be able to do indies forever. He had a good run.

Cameron - Should have never been hired. An idiot inside the ring and out. Luke, The guy missing his front teeth, Matt Cross and Rima weren't hired from that Tough Enough but she and Silent Rage were. Stupid.

Torito - Was hired for a role and he lost a job when he that role ended. Could have probably done comedy spots and maybe some matches, but he shouldn't have been shocked.

Hornswoggle - Pick the one who gets popped for a drug test failure - 1) Ryback, 2)Batista, 3)Hornswoggle. Yeah, OK. Had a pretty good run for really being nothing special. Overachieved.

Colter - Thought he did well with his role but was of course underused. Would have liked him to have seen him get a chance to be a serious manager.

35 minutes ago, rzombie1988 said:

Santino - Was awesome in OVW as Boris Alexiev. I didn't like his initial intro when he won the IC title. I though he did really good and was THE comedy guy for the company. Didn't know he was still employed. I hope he heals up and he should be able to do indies forever. He had a good run.

Santino's retired entirely from active wrestling. He's opened an MMA Training/Pro Wrestling Training Gym in Ontario. 

2 hours ago, davidb said:

Jarrett's actually signing autographs near me later this month.  I'm legit wondering if he's going to be shilling karatbars while he's there.

Why wouldn't he be?

5 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

If there's anyone on the roster that I'd want them to be released for their own good it's Bo Dallas. He needs to get to Japan for a year or two. It would do him a lot of good growth wise when he returns.

"Because all you have to do...is Bo-rieve!"

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, nate said:

Where could Sandow go to maximize his stock?  Part of me would loooov3 to see him in a place like PWG.

ROH as either a member of the new Kingdom or long lost cousin Aaron Briscoe.

• Like 1