DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS IRRATIONALLY AWESOME

piranesi

I've been out of the Raw threads for awhile, so last night's Night of Champions thread was the first I've seen of this running joke about Braun Strowman's name. Not sure how it started, but it makes me happy.

Who? You mean Bring Strawberries?

I'm gonna be so sad to have to watch this Raw en Espanol on NBC Universo.

He means Buddy Stinkfist. 

If they stick with comedy Kane, as they always should, the feud with Rollins should be entertaining. Rollins is a good stooge and HHH/Steph are usually good comedy too.

Best part of the show was Xavier playing Rusev's theme on the trombone, though. Surprised no one's gif'ed Summer on the trombone.

Corporate Kane and Demonkane is the best. Figured Paige would turn soon but didn't see it coming just then. Another fun Show/Cesaro match and a good long Cena/Rollins match. Hoped they would have some update on Sting but I guess he'll just disappear again.

Multiple Personality Disorder Kane feels like an Attitude Era angle that was overlooked and that someone decided to dust off and give a go.

I don't mean that in a good way.

Perhaps the most irrational thing about Raw tonight, at least for me, was the promo Big Show cut on Brock.  Cesaro should have won and a Brock/Cesaro feud is something that needs to happen yesterday, but somehow the way show talked about the match made it seem like a  big deal.

Heel Paige actually suits her more, I think.  Team PCB breaking up so soon makes the whole Faction Warfare: Divas Edition just come off as more meaningless though.

Big Show beating Cesaro and talking afterwards had the opposite effect on me. I don't feel like Brock/Big Show is a big deal and have no desire to watch it. I would watch Brock/Cesaro and that would feel like a bigger deal to me. There's nothing about Big Show right now that doesn't scream JTTS floating around aimlessly. At least Brock/Cesaro would be a fresh matchup with the added storyline of Cesaro being Heyman's ex-client. 

Since the point is to promote Brock killing someone on this "tour" isn't it better that it's Show who is totally bulletproof and the fun will be seeing Brock do feats of strength with him?

Yeah, I don't get what the problem is.  Show has to look strong going in to being fed to Brock Lesnar, but Cesaro gets to look awesome by SUPLEXING the Big Show into the ring.  That was BAD-ASS.

Paige-Nattie-Emma (Hopefully!) as faction of disillusioned divas could be fun.

I don't get why Byron Saxton understands his job so much better than Michael Cole or JBL.  Him freaking out about Cesaro suplexing the Big Show while Cole goes "But he may have injured his back" is a perfect example of a guy who knows he's supposed to be getting someone over and how, vs. a guy who doesn't really know what he's doing except repeating what the screaming old man in his ear is telling him to do.  Another example was the divas stuff, where Michael Cole was talking about how Nikki Bella has a point and Saxton is trying to go "No she doesn't", and Cole and JBL going "Now that she's the champ she has to focus why would this other stuff bother her?" and Saxton incredulously going "Maybe because she's a human being?!"  Like, Saxton isn't great, he gets too wordy and some of his jokes are just brutal, but he GETS what his job is behind the table, where Cole/JBL are off on their own agendas.  It actually reminds me a lot of late-era WCW where you had Schiavone and Madden, even Hudson, getting their own talking points in at the expense of the match and Mike Tenay (And I'm no great fan of Tenay, mind you) trying to get back to the stuff in the ring.

• Like 1

I think it's more likely Kane/Rollins is a TV-PG Rehash of the Kane/Shane feud, cue electrocutions and flaming dumpsters and dives off ambulances onto crash pads.

I'm still reserving judgment on the "Paige Bomb". Never been a fan of worked shoot promos, but I do prefer a heel Paige, especially if she's going to be a more pissed off heel than kooky/insane heel. Brie/Charlotte was kind of awkward and I don't think that was all Brie.

I dug Naomi/Nattie. These two had decent matches when Naomi was playing a face, but they're even better now that she is getting more accustomed to wrestling a more heel style. Hopefully, Team BAD is not the next group to implode just yet as they are the bee's knees. I'm assuming a frustrated Nattie is now gonna align with Paige? Good. It's about time that she got something to do.

Paige's pipebomb could lead to something interesting, hopefully. 

That segment was way too long, but I liked a couple of things:

- Ric's genuine old-man emotions gettin me feelin' things.  feelin' things.

- But I also can't help thinking there was a little part of him watching Paige talk shit about everyone and thinking: "I kind of wish she was mine."  I could see it in his face leaning there against the ropes.  "I love you Char, but that girl...she's a fucking asshole and Riccy Ric LOOOOVES IT!"

I am looking forward to this as long as they make Paige an asshole and not another "craaaazy chick"  So far, they are actually going for asshole and that is where the $$$ is. 

So Paige is gonna be Charlotte's on-screen fifth mother? I like the idea of Paige using Ric's womanizing ways to get in Charlotte's head.

Poor poor Sasha

Wins all her matches.

No longer is on TV

I think a simple fix is have Becky and Sasha wrestle ten minutes in night every week. If they're not doing anything with Becky either, just let her wrestle Sasha. Hell give em 30 minutes on Superstars each week it's out of continuity so this can be a case of wins and losses really do not matter.

WWE redoing the Al Wilson angle with Paige, Charlotte, and Ric would be... a thing.

Decent show this week, though it helps I ff'ed my way through a lot.  Oblivious trying-too-hard-to-be-pleasant-while-smiling-way-too-much Kane was surprisingly entertaining.

Don't guess Seth leaned anything from the mishap with Sting, assuming the turnbuckle bomb is really what caused his injury.

Summer catching the trombone when Xavier fell off the apron was amazing.  Summer jerking off a trombone on a "family friendly" show was amazing for a different reason.  I have no idea where the Rusev/Dolph storyline is supposed to be going.  Creative probably doesn't either.  Double turn, maybe?  Rusev and Lana reunite and turn babyface, Summer and Dolph pair up and turn heel.  Dolph probably needs to go back to being a heel.  He was entertaining as a smug heel.  He's really bland as a babyface.  The tights don't do him any favors.  Whoever said he looks like he should be billed as a Shawn Michaels cousin was spot-on.  Based on last night's attire, I assume Bret Hart is about to feud with HBK again.

I thought there would be more follow-up on Jericho seemingly turning heel Sunday night.  Then again, not disappointed that there wasn't.

I was amused by commentary starting to talk about Sin Cara, only to awkwardly stop talking about him after he overshot the dive he was attempting at the time and ate the commentary table with his face.  Ouch.

PCB split seems rushed, though I'd prefer to see Charlotte defend vs. Paige instead of Brie, if those are the choices.  Just push Becky and Sasha already.  Now that PCB is split up, does this mean Charlotte and Becky can ditch the extensions and get haircuts that actually look flattering? 

I'm still reserving judgment on the "Paige Bomb". Never been a fan of worked shoot promos, but I do prefer a heel Paige, especially if she's going to be a more pissed off heel than kooky/insane heel. Brie/Charlotte was kind of awkward and I don't think that was all Brie.

I dug Naomi/Nattie. These two had decent matches when Naomi was playing a face, but they're even better now that she is getting more accustomed to wrestling a more heel style. Hopefully, Team BAD is not the next group to implode just yet as they are the bee's knees. I'm assuming a frustrated Nattie is now gonna align with Paige? Good. It's about time that she got something to do.

I mentioned on Twitter that I hoped this led to Nattie and Emma joining Paige, which leads to Bayley joining Charlotte and Becky.

• Like 1