DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

I was watching the Monday Night NFL game on Channel 5. Pre-game they were showing a live look at the stadium, and I could hear Swerve's music playing in the background.

• Like 2

AEW released Kevin Sullivan (no, not that one). He was the VP of post-production. Mike Mansury, who is the VP and co-EP, made the decision apparently.

In true journalism fashion, PWInsider pontificated about the feeling that the “original AEW” has changed. Yeah, no shit dumbass.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

All I know is I read "Trevor Dame" as "Taylor Dane" the first 3-4 times I saw that and wondered when the singer of 80s classic "Tell It To My Heart" moved over to dirtsheet reporting.

Seriously, though, AEW is great.  The C2 is cooking.  I can't really be arsed to give much of a shit about longtimers complaining about the company changing and "not feeling like the old days" when that shit happens to every successful company.  I also can't be bothered to care about bad faith posters gleefully reposting doom and gloom and making cheering for a company's demise their whole personality.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Collision tapings in Montreal tonight moved from 2376 tickets in a 5176 seat building on Sunday to 3913 tickets in a 5504 seat building today. Big opening for various wrestlers to claim that they caused 1500 tickets to be sold in 48 hours (when it was probably a bit of a general "oh shit, we need to sell more tickets" surge)

One thing you might notice watching older wrestling is how the windows for selling tickets for big shows was a lot narrower than it is now. I'm crediting that to technology

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I can't really be arsed to give much of a shit about longtimers complaining about the company changing and "not feeling like the old days" when that shit happens to every successful company.  

But don’t you miss the days when people were getting into scraps at Jimmy’s Famous Seafood? Weren’t they magical times where everyone was rowing in the same direction? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

But don’t you miss the days when people were getting into scraps at Jimmy’s Famous Seafood? Weren’t they magical times where everyone was rowing in the same direction? 

Looool holy fuck I completely forgot about Excalibur beating up Jimmy Havoc.  Truly the halcyon days of yore.  Alas, the world has moved on.

• Like 2

You mean to say that people, likely the people that worked on Kevin Sullivan's team, were upset that their boss that they liked and hired them was fired? Well no fucking shit. Wow. Truly ground breaking reporting going on. Name me a company where that doesn't happen. Shit, my department and team went through a new manager or director every 3 years or so and they were always well liked and every time they moved on it was a feeling of doom and gloom. Unless your direct report or person above them is a complete cunt then yeah, people aren't going to be too fucking happy.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, porksweats said:

This is something I dreamed up months ago and told RJ City on Bluesky, I can only assume I had some influence on this folks.

wait, you gotta go to Bluesky to pitch ideas? they're not just reading this board?

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Technico Support said:

All I know is I read "Trevor Dame" as "Taylor Dane" this first 3-4 times I saw that and wondered when the singer of 80s classic "Tell It To My Heart" moved over to dirtsheet reporting.

Seriously, though, AEW is great.  The C2 is cooking.  I can't really be arsed to give much of a shit about longtimers complaining about the company changing and "not feeling like the old days" when that shit happens to every successful company.  I also can't be bothered to care about bad faith posters gleefully reposting doom and gloom and making cheering for a company's demise their whole personality.

Exactly. This is a non-issue. They had a slow news day and had to come up with something.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, porksweats said:

TCM's Ben Mankiewicz will be introducing Toni Storm this week on Dynamite.

This is something I dreamed up months ago and told RJ City on Bluesky, I can only assume I had some influence on this folks.

I never in my life thought I'd be excited about TCM involvement in wrestling but I've been wanting this from the start.  I guess now I have to find a way to tell my mom considering TCM is all she watches (well and Hallmark Channel but I disregard that since TCM has good stuff)

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

The Collision tapings in Montreal tonight moved from 2376 tickets in a 5176 seat building on Sunday to 3913 tickets in a 5504 seat building today. Big opening for various wrestlers to claim that they caused 1500 tickets to be sold in 48 hours (when it was probably a bit of a general "oh shit, we need to sell more tickets" surge)

I saw that last night and was kinda shocked, and had planned on making mention of it here, but then I caught a Dave/Bryan clip on YouTube that semi -explains it: they don't get Collision up in Canada, only Dynamite. So if you're only going to one of the two shows (which many do) you're obviously gonna pick the one you've actually seen/are familiar with

• Like 1

Rampage and Collision are usually behind the TSN+ paywall. I pay for five fucking TSN stations already, so I am not a TSN+ subscriber. 

They are airing Rampage and Collision on one of the over-the-air channels this week, presumably because the show is originating from Canada. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, porksweats said:

TCM's Ben Mankiewicz will be introducing Toni Storm this week on Dynamite.

i think a number of people had this idea, presumably it makes a lot of synergistic sense. 

• Like 1