Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 11/10/2021


The Natural
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm nervous for Rebel every time she steps in the ring. But good stuff during the trios match. I love that Thunder Rosa remains super over. Can't wait until they pull the trigger on her and Britt again.

Pissed off, fired up Tay Conti is my favorite Tay Conti. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was actually a really fantastic wrestling show. With exactly the right amount of Jackson involvement. 

Bryan Danielson is the greatest wrestler to have ever lived. That is all.

Inner Circle/ATT segment was meh, but I enjoyed watching Junior Dos Santos during that. Last week I wondered if he'd be willing to play ball. Dude looked like he was having the time of his life tonight. Inner Circle has to win this, and yet I'm more certain than ever that they won't.

That Lio Rush et al. tag match was b-a-n-a-n-a-s. Holy shit. More of that please. Moriarty and Dante Martin are both future STARS, and Lio Rush can see the future. I'm convinced.

Women's tag was fun for what it was. All three babyface women have the "it" factor. Any one of them could be the next women's champion. Part of me hopes Tay gets a little run here. She won't, but she should.

Goddamn Jungle Boy is good. Anthony Bowens aka "Pocket Otunga" has really brought his working boots the last couple weeks, too.

I'm out on the UE/Superkliq stuff. The only thing worse than one faction full of insufferable sawed off workrate dorks is two stables full of insufferable sawed off workrate dorks. 

Dax Harwood would've been a really great nwa TV champion in the 80's. I used to like it when guys would win a low level singles title while still part of a tag team.  Those guys brought the thunder.

I cannot wait for Omega to drop the title. Will be fun to have a champ that isn't a twitchy goof. I really, really enjoy Hangman and can't wait for his reign.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantastic Dynamite, but there's something I've been meaning to call out for weeks now.

This won't mean shit to anyone else but else, but that doesn't diminish how important it is. Another reason I love AEW is that it has had @DEAN regularly talking about wrestling again AND enjoying it. I'm glad the old man is far past his health scare and has been chatting it up with us knuckle heads a couple times each week in these threads.

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was really nice to see Rocky Romero in an AEW ring, and he and Danielson had a great match. Sometimes I think Romero never gets the credit he deserves for his consistency as a worker. He's also a super nice dude and clearly loves what he does. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, just drew said:

That was actually a really fantastic wrestling show. With exactly the right amount of Jackson involvement. 

Bryan Danielson is the greatest wrestler to have ever lived. That is all.

Inner Circle/ATT segment was meh, but I enjoyed watching Junior Dos Santos during that. Last week I wondered if he'd be willing to play ball. Dude looked like he was having the time of his life tonight. Inner Circle has to win this, and yet I'm more certain than ever that they won't.

That Lio Rush et al. tag match was b-a-n-a-n-a-s. Holy shit. More of that please. Moriarty and Dante Martin are both future STARS, and Lio Rush can see the future. I'm convinced.

Women's tag was fun for what it was. All three babyface women have the "it" factor. Any one of them could be the next women's champion. Part of me hopes Tay gets a little run here. She won't, but she should.

Goddamn Jungle Boy is good. Anthony Bowens aka "Pocket Otunga" has really brought his working boots the last couple weeks, too.

I'm out on the UE/Superkliq stuff. The only thing worse than one faction full of insufferable sawed off workrate dorks is two stables full of insufferable sawed off workrate dorks. 

Dax Harwood would've been a really great nwa TV champion in the 80's. I used to like it when guys would win a low level singles title while still part of a tag team.  Those guys brought the thunder.

I cannot wait for Omega to drop the title. Will be fun to have a champ that isn't a twitchy goof. I really, really enjoy Hangman and can't wait for his reign.

Tag team guys winning singles titles while part of a tag team is awesome. Another awesome thing is when one or both of current tag team champions are still vying for singles titles at the same time ( think Barry Windham and Ron Garvin as US tag team champions).

Also, Lio Rush CAN see the future, that's probably how he really made all that money on his investments.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I loved that during the Dax/Pac match they explained that while all wrestlers were banned from ringside, Tully Blanchard could stay because he possesses a manager's license.  Just a great bit of wrestling bullshit.

I thought they stopped even handing manager's licenses out, since almost all of them vanished a long time ago. He must have gotten his in the early 90's when he first retired. Probably as a back up plan suggested by JJ Dillon, or something? Who knew it would come in handy decades later?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

I thought they stopped even handing manager's licenses out, since almost all of them vanished a long time ago. He must have gotten his in the early 90's when he first retired. Probably as a back up plan suggested by JJ Dillon, or something? Who knew it would come in handy decades later?

Tully is always playing the long game...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyway, Page and Omega have both been surprisingly good on the mic during the build, and that were both really fucking great tonight. Way better than Page has ever been, and better than Kenny has been since AEW started.

Danielson/Romero was awesome. Women's trios match was awesome. PAC/Dax was awesome. Lio/Martin vs Sydal/Moriarty was awesome. 

Andrade/Black/FTR/Tully feel more like a modern Horsemen than the IC or the Pinnacle really have, not sure why, I don't even like Andrade that much, but something about them together just clicks.

What did poor Wheeler Yuta do to deserve that beating?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

It was really nice to see Rocky Romero in an AEW ring, and he and Danielson had a great match. Sometimes I think Romero never gets the credit he deserves for his consistency as a worker. He's also a super nice dude and clearly loves what he does. 

I'll echo that. Like Romero on NJPW commentary as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Helluva show. The amount of actual wrasslin’ per tv square metre now is amazing. 
 

Maybe it’s because there are so many guys old and new doing so much great work right now, but I’m envisaging the moment Punk and Dragon meet backstage, look at each other and just say ‘these fuckin kids’.

FTR vs Punk & Dragon 2/3 is my American dream match right now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There aren’t a lot of PPV shows I can think of that have a theme hanging the whole show together outside of gimmick matches, but the idea of deciding for yourself what living up to ones potential means and standing up to smug gatekeeping concern trolls is all over this card. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I came in here ready to compare the over kill of a top rope brain buster not being an MDK finish to QT MarSHALL having the nerve to even use a tombstone piledriver.  But y’all seem ok with it so I’ve decided to change my mind.  Fucking great match with PAC and Dax.  I will smoke one in its honor today. 
 

The more Andrade hangs out with Black.  The darker his color scheme gets.   Bring on Goth el Idolo!  
 

I’m ready to see Dan Lambert pin Jericho.  
 

Paraphrasing: “We’ve banned The Dark Order and The Elite from the building and we think this is a good idea.”

Crowd: “Boooo!  Boo your good idea!”

 

The Trios match was really great and set up the title match just fine.  
 

“Respect don’t mean shit.”

 

Jungle Boy acknowledged his promo studders.  Probably shouldn’t sell that.  But the middle finger/submission was tops.


I guess the real challenge of Full Gear isn’t to convince anyone that Adam Page can be a worthy champion.  They’ve already done that.  We want it.

 

The real challenge is The Young Bucks to win the haters over to loving their match, in spite of themselves.  

 

I love you AEW.

Edited by Brandon Bones
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Making it through:

JR suggesting that Rebel not getting someone up for a suplex was a new move in her arsenal was incredibly cruel.

Bowens looked way better against Jungle Boy than he did against Danielson. Not sure if they're just more used to working each other or if the match was more firmly agented (I liked the layout and the momentum shifts) or what.

I've seen Yuta do the through the legs, up and over, through the legs thing three nights in a row. The guy can't do that every match.

Rush didn't seem to have much ring rust. It was a pretty impressive spotfest even if I thought maybe it went a little long given all they were doing.

Some layout problems with Dax/Pac but I thought from a character and execution perspective, it's the best Dax has looked in a while. He just seemed on in a way that I've seen more out of Cash lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I loved that during the Dax/Pac match they explained that while all wrestlers were banned from ringside, Tully Blanchard could stay because he possesses a manager's license.  Just a great bit of wrestling bullshit.

Shame they didn't bullshit a reason why Caster was at ringside for Bowens vs Jungle Boy but Luchasaurus wasn't. Obviously Caster is going to cheat; why wouldn't Jungle Boy have his tag team partner there to prevent it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Go on, Hangman!

Kota Ibushi liked this tweet. He doesn't like many tweets. One day we will see him and Omega on the same screen together again. One day. Kenny on a pole match, Kota Ibushi vs. Adam Page, a Judy Bagwell tribute. I also liked Omega floating out reuniting with Page. Omega's attention to detail is ridiculous and he doesn't usually say things like that without reason. I think this is what happens after Omega gets dumped by the Super Kliq (and possibly Steen/Rushmore), allowing the roles to be reversed with Page being the confident one and Omega in crisis mode. A+ exchange and, again, I think it would've been better for a contract signing to avoid the cliché violence off the back of how strong the promos were but they've done a good job of spacing the violence between these two out so it doesn't feel played out.

While I'm gushing, I'll say as Danielson is easily the best week to week, tv match wrestler on the planet in the modern era, Omega is the best big picture, big match wrestler on the planet in the modern era. We've seen what happens when they collide and that was just an appetizer. Can't wait til we get to the main course one day. I'm interested to see how Omega handles the injury and time off/surgery. The natural time for it would probably be after January, likely after Revolution in February, where I imagine the Danielson rematch happens and Steen comes in, leading to Omega booted out of the Elite, if that is what's happening. There are too many pieces coming together for me to not think that this is where it's going with or without Steen (preferably with!). But I would certainly understand if he should get it asap after dropping the title. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife is the best and knows that I love watching AEW on wednesday nights.  She's always great about taking care of the kid stuff if it pushes into that time.  She was travelling for work, so I was on my own last night.  We got everyone settled by 8, so I got a full watch in.  

I had to keep an eye on the clock for bedtimes.  At one point (maybe when Lio and Dante were making their entrance), I thought, "Oh, it's got to be close to 9:45.  I should get the kids moving for bed."  Nope.  It was 9.  They packed a lot into that first hour.

Not much left to say that hasn't been covered here already.  I think that was the best Inner Circle promo they've done.  

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get a sense the roster knows a Dynamite match is increasingly a rare thing; that in a sense it's a meritocracy to a point. So we are getting some great matches out of everyone, motivated. Sammy tweeted that the last PPV would the last AEW PPV without him - very much acknowledging making the PPV card is not a given, even for someone like him. It will be interesting for AEW if Omega and Jericho are off TV for an extended time, and Mox is out for a while. Surprisingly, I am not worried but actually excited. Break up Inner Circle, etc. Tons of talents ready to step up 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, chriskbrown50 said:

I get a sense the roster knows a Dynamite match is increasingly a rare thing; that in a sense it's a meritocracy to a point. So we are getting some great matches out of everyone, motivated. Sammy tweeted that the last PPV would the last AEW PPV without him - very much acknowledging making the PPV card is not a given, even for someone like him. It will be interesting for AEW if Omega and Jericho are off TV for an extended time, and Mox is out for a while. Surprisingly, I am not worried but actually excited. Break up Inner Circle, etc. Tons of talents ready to step up 

Yeah, I was thinking the Pinnacle really ought to have won whichever match that would have ended the Inner circle while watching this.

I think it did its job in elevating Sammy and Santana and Ortiz to the AEW audience but now they’re background characters in a feud centered around a 51 year old Chris Jericho and Dan Lambert. Why?

Other than this and the women’s 6 man which was not very good but at least made Tay Conti look strong…I thought everything else on the show was pretty great.

Also, I think every AEW champion should sign his contract with his opponent’s blood in the future. That was awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...