DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

So I had to Google what y'all were talking about, for anyone that hasn't read yet:

"Former WWE Superstar, Karl Anderson, apparently cheated on his wife. Wrestlers are known for “working” their fans, so we don’t know what exactly is going on.Anderson’s wife, Christine Bui, recently posted a photo of him with “cheater” written multiple times on his face. She added a suspicious caption saying, “I don’t play nice.”However, Karl Anderson then posted a cryptic status, thought to be the reply to his wife’s post. He said he would cut off everyone who liked or commented on his wife’s post. He teased that there is more to the story."

The REAL Halloween Havoc took place yesterday.

VKF "HALLOWEEN HAVOC 2020", 31.10.2020 (TwitCasting)
Osaka Azalea Taisho
150 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

1. VKF Machine No. 1 & VKF Machine No. 3 besiegen Anpanman (Osamu Suganuma) & Baikiniman (Yasu Kubota ) (11:30) nach einem Hurricanrana von No. 1 gegen Anpanman.
2. KEITA in THE HOUSE & Takaku Fuke besiegen Kenichiro Arai  & Hide Kubota  (9:52) nach einem Cross Armbreaker von Fuke gegen Kubota.
3. Kenta Kosugi besiegt Akira Jo (10:11) mit einem Chokeslam.
4. Minoru Tanaka & Koji Kanemoto besiegen Shunsuke Sayama & Daisuke Kanehira (9:30) nach einem Modified Ankle Hold von Kanemoto gegen Sayama.
5. Shinya Ishida, CHANGO & PSYCHO besiegen SUGI , El Lindaman  & Issei Onizuka  (9:18) als PSYCHO Onizuka nach einem STF Turnover pinnte.
6. UWA World Trios Title: Masamune, Billy Ken Kid & Tsubasa (c) besiegen Eisa8, GAINA & Goa (18:44) nach dem Tonbogiri von Masamune gegen Goa (2nd defense).
7. VKF King of Wrestle Naniwa Title: Hiroaki Taniguchi (c) besiegt Quiet Storm (12:55) mit einem Screw Powerslam (1st defense).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Imagine if social media existed 20,30,40 years ago

BretHartBestThereIS tweeted at 2am--"Banged Denny's waitress. Told me I was the greatest with tearz in hr eyez. Julie mad at me. Whuts hur deal?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

I stopped watching WWE a few years ago because at some point most of it felt insulting to me, in the way that it seems like they don't care about the audience. For example, I listen to one review show a week about the weekly programming and apparently WWE is doing the same old SS schtick about "the one time a year". An entire year of people moving back and forth from brand to brand and drafts and whatever else and now SS matches with no stakes and nothing on the line and who would care?

It's obvious most of it is just last minute, thrown together dogshit, like 75% of the show. They don't care.

In an effort to limit social media, I watch AEW in a vacuum and I rarely go into the threads on here. Funny thing, thing, this pandemic has made me want LESS interaction with people, not more. 

• Like 3

Excepting "Ric Flair is a better Buddy Rogers than Buddy Rogers was," who is the first wrestler who you'd think of as better than the wrestler they modeled themselves upon?

For me, it's Scott Steiner being a better Superstar Billy Graham than Billy Graham could ever be. 

Roided-up maniac Steiner stumbling over his words and his rage while also peppering them with legitimately funny or cutting gems is enduring. I just watched a bunch of his mic/skit highlights from TNA the other day and I hadn't seen much of it because I haven't watched TNA since the Kong/Kim/Wilde days where they had hot feuds for their Women's Championship. It's just endlessly entertaining bluster. Immobile Steiner is also still a considerably more fun in-ring talent. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Excepting "Ric Flair is a better Buddy Rogers than Buddy Rogers was," who is the first wrestler who you'd think of as better than the wrestler they modeled themselves upon?

91-92 Nord is 100 times better than 80s Brody.

• Like 4

Wasn't Hogan trying to also emulate Superstar Billy Graham, but then he turned face and went full on with the patriot act?

I think heel Hogan is fine, but face Hogan in WWF is much different. Or are we talking face-Hogan in AWA, which is sort of a weird mix between what he was trying to emulate and what he would eventually become in WWF?

it's fair to argue Ventura and Hogan are both fruit of the Superstar Graham tree, I suppose.

I was just under the impression Ventura simply started it a little earlier than Hogan.

Edited by BobbyWhioux
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

it's fair to argue Ventura and Hogan are both fruit of the Superstar Graham tree, I suppose.

I was just under the impression Ventura simply started it a little earlier than Hogan.

I think Hogan is in his own template. Ventura was trying to be The Superstar. But Hogan while he might have emulated some of Billy's gimmick, he really went in a whole new direction that hadn't been seen before. Plus, unlike Ventura and Graham...Hogan could actually work when he wanted to. I love them all. Ventura was the better promo. Hogan was the better wrestler.

I never thought I would type those words. But i've been gaining an appreciation for Hogan the wrestler lately.