DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

I'm not saying I wanted to see Superman and Lois cracking wise at everything, but when I think "joy" and Superman, I think of something upbeat and inspirational. You know, fun. Not Batman with heat vision.

Some of us are old enough to remember that Batman wasn't always dark either.

Serious maybe (O'Neil/Adams, Moench/Aparo,...) but not grim.

Some rumors I heard at my local comic shop on Wednesday. 

1. Batman will be portrayed as being in his 50s and having fought crime for 30 years already.

2. Robin (not specified which one) is already dead and there is a memorial in the Batcave

I hope that NONE of this is true.

Jesus, Affleck is only 41, that's going a bit extreme.

I know the plan is for Batman to be established and a veteran hero already, and I know they are taking a lot of inspiration from The Dark Knight Returns, but jeez man.

• Like 1

Jesus, Affleck is only 41, that's going a bit extreme.

I know the plan is for Batman to be established and a veteran hero already, and I know they are taking a lot of inspiration from The Dark Knight Returns, but jeez man.

There is be a photo on the IMDB forum of his stunt double, who looks roughly like he's in his mid-to-late 40s. Affleck turns 42 next Friday, BTW.

From the leaked video that was posted a couple days ago, they're definitely going grizzled vet.

I don't want another Batman origin film. We got it, motherfucker. Your parents got killed and whatnot. Get over it. I ALREADY DID!

The WB President of domestic distribution says some of the titles for after BvS: Dawn of And Justice For All the Young Dudes should be revealed later this month.

• Like 2

I think eventually comic book movies are going have to take the James Bond format for changing actors, like the original Batman movies did. If they're going reboot the series every time we change stars they really need to start creating comic book series staring adolescent superheroes. 

The original Batman film series was weird, in that they were ostensibly "sequels" but there really wasn't much continuity between them aside from the same core of actors used in the supporting roles (and of course they junked Billy Dee). Like, there's an offhand reference to Vickie Vale in RETURNS, but that's about it.

Michael Uslan, one of the producers of BvS, said Bruce will be in his mid-40s.

Someone with more knowledge than me will be able to correct me but isn't that similar to the current new 52 version of Batman? that hes already an established crime fighter/urban legend by the time all these super powered people start popping up?

Michael Uslan, one of the producers of BvS, said Bruce will be in his mid-40s.

Someone with more knowledge than me will be able to correct me but isn't that similar to the current new 52 version of Batman? that hes already an established crime fighter/urban legend by the time all these super powered people start popping up?

Sort of yes. He started only maybe a year in advance. It was originally suppose to be longer, but someone decided otherwise.

Yeah this all sounds so terrible.  Let's do another Batman origin movie.  The first 2 hours can be about tht, then he can meet Superman and they can talk for the last 5.  

I'm not getting how "Batman is a grizzled 40-50ish vet who has been fighting crime for years" leads one to believe that this will be another Batman origin movie.  To me, it leads to the opposite conclusion.

Yeah this all sounds so terrible.  Let's do another Batman origin movie.  The first 2 hours can be about tht, then he can meet Superman and they can talk for the last 5.  

I'm not getting how "Batman is a grizzled 40-50ish vet who has been fighting crime for years" leads one to believe that this will be another Batman origin movie.  To me, it leads to the opposite conclusion.

So I guess you need to read the 2 posts above mine to understand the satire of my post.  Both were talking of the rumors of BAtman being a grizzled vet, and how they hope this wasn't true.  I used satire to say that I was happy about this and not wanting another Batman origin movie.  Does that clear it up?  

• Like 1

Del Toro Interview on Justice League Dark:

Now, this I would be behind, because of Del Toro's talent and because yes, it's supposed to be dark to begin with. That said, I do hope that they'd be able to find time for some over the top stage show flair for Zatanna and not just have her be a witch under siege or what not as well as some bleak humor from Constantine and the daredevil aspect of Deadman and what not. There can still be some wonder even in the midst of the darkness.

Warner Bros. has dueling scripts for a Aquaman feature film currently in the works. The Hollywood Reporter today brings word that Will Beall (Gangster Squad) is working on one version while Kurt Johnstad (300: Rise of an Empire) is doing another. The plan is said to be to develop both scripts in tandem until a decision can be made as to which version will ultimately head to the big screen.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/312525-two-different-aquaman-feature-scripts-are-in-the-works