DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

I don't see Rocky as Black Adam at all. I could have seen him as Captain Marvel a lot easier. There's sort of a corny charm to Cap and I think he could have modernized that fairly well. There's a gravitas to Black Adam that I'm not sure is within his range.

Depends on what version of Black Adam. If they go with the original character who was basically the Scorpion King perverted by power and consumed with hate and revenge, then he's fine. I doubt they're gonna bother with the complicated backstory they gave him in JSA.

And add pointy ears and he looks the part perfectly.

So apparently the digital-first Arrow comic is going to cover significant shit happening in the five-month gap between the end of season 2 and the start of season 3. I'm torn between being happy they want to actually do something useful with the tie-in and being annoyed as hell that they're stretching that shit out over 24 bi-weekly issues.  The accompanying Flash comic is entirely set between the first and second eps of the series, and while the first issue is a perfectly okay little thing, I don't think I'll be sticking with it.

My complaint about the recent movie Batmobiles is always the same, there is no way you could drive them down a city street, especially a city such as Gotham. You could not turn down any side streets nor could you operate with any stealth whatsoever. They are basically tanks and it's ridiculous. I like it best when it's just a tricked out, armored, badass roadster. Also, they keep putting fucking GUNS on them, even the Keaton version had GUNS, stop with the fucking GUNS. What, it's OK for Batman to use a gun as long as he's not holding it in his HAND?

• Like 2

You don't have anyone on your timeline that loves MoS. You'd be tweeting them constantly if they brought it up.

When I think about objectivity, one of the first things that comes to mind is who Mike Zeidler follows on Twitter. It's only second to the people whose homepage is freerepublic.com.

Also, the Twitter search shows me the exact opposite reaction.