DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/dwayne-johnson-shazam-1201286278/

Rock confirms that he'll be in Shazam, but he hasn't decided if he'll be Shazam or Black Adam

Personally I think he'd make an awesome Black Adam, and they can always go the "Loki" route with him if they want to milk Rock's star power for multiple movies.

Hell, Black Adam spent years as an anti-hero and member of the JSA in the comics, you could milk that pretty easy.

(And eventually have him snap and the entire Justice League have to go to war with him)

It's REALLY crazy to me that Adam spent a good five-seven years being much more important to the DCU than Billy was.

The thing I would most like to see from a Shazam movie, and which we are totally guaranteed not to get, is something in the vein of the Ordway/Manley stories of the 90s. Play up the incongruity of a world stuck in an idealized 1950s and a little boy who becomes the perfect grown-up with the rest of the world and the "horrors" (real and imagined) that the Wizard "protected" them from.

Wait...wait... The guy playing the Flash's real name is Scoot? I can't be the only one who finds that funny.

Anyway, if that's who he is, I guess the rumors of the kid playing TV Flash being in the JLA movie were false. Well, that sucks. Especially since if they were going to hire a no-name anyway, why not keep everything in one continuity. I'm sure he could get away from the set for the 3 days it takes to film a glorified cameo.

If anybody but Amell shows up as Green Arrow, my nerd rage will be off the charts.

I'd kinda like them to steal a page from Millar's Captain Marvel knock-off and have Billy actually transform into The Rock, who happens to also be a movie star in the DCU.

It'd be kinda Last Action Hero-y, an easy way to explain Cap being a POC, and you don't get Dwayne upstaging the hero of the picture as Black Adam.

I don't remember where, but I was pretty sure someone went on record saying that the TV & film universes would not crossover. Therefor no Grant as the Flash & no Amell as Ollie. Which sucks massively, especially in Amell's case who has worked his ass off both on screen and promoting the show. 

I don't remember where, but I was pretty sure someone went on record saying that the TV & film universes would not crossover.

Yeah, Geoff Johns said it on a press tour for "The Flash". In addition, Amell debunked he was appearing in BvS before that.

Yeah, I don't know why people keep latching onto this idea that the DC tv and film universes would be connected. No one at DC has ever even hinted that it was a possibility, and, in fact, have gone on the record stating otherwise. It's just wishful thinking from fans of the show.

Personally, I think having separate TV and film universes is a good idea. You can tell more stories, and different kinds of stories, this way. And people are smart enough to differentiate between the two.

That said, I thought some of the leaked casting stuff a while back had Scoot McNairy playing a villain. Some kind of Luthor lackey.

Then again, McNairy's horribly rated TV show was just renewed in a surprise move by AMC, which could point to him playing Flash. A few years back, it was widely rumored that they renewed THE KILLING for a 3rd season in order to keep Joel Kinneman under contract in the event that the Robocop reboot made him a big star. Could be a similar motive here, if he's playing Flash.