DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

The Wonder Woman costume looks fine. Still feel Gadot is a bit too lanky.

People want this woman to have the legs of a Division I inside linebacker. We've surpassed creepy and it's like 21 months until the movie comes out.

• Like 1

TWO DAMN YEARS UNTIL THIS MOVIE?

Besides Pan and maybe a couple other movies, the WB 2015 summer slate doesn't look so hot. I am surprised they didn't rush this one out in place of that Point Break remake no wanted in next August. They're gonna have another brutal year.

Wasn't this originally scheduled for next year before they realized it was a virtually impossible schedule?

Yep, but that didn't stop them from letting Martin Campbell put a bunch of hogshit on the screen in 2011. That movie ended principal photography in August and came out 10 months later.

They're stuck in a weird place. They definitely need more time than their original date next summer...but they really don't need another whole year. But you can't put this movie out at any other time of year, so...We're stuck with the longest promotional build-up in the history of cinema. Or so it will feel like.

I mean, I guess they could have stuck it in the Christmas break 2015 slot, ala LOTR/The Hobbit/some of the Harry Potter movies/Hunger Games.  But it doesn't feel like it should be anywhere but summer.

I mean, I guess they could have stuck it in the Christmas break 2015 slot, ala LOTR/The Hobbit/some of the Harry Potter movies/Hunger Games.  But it doesn't feel like it should be anywhere but summer.

November and December 2015 looks like Murderers' Row, whereas late summer 2015 looks like unmitigated crap even compared to this year. Even stuff that might not suck is very unproven like Assassin's Creed.

If Terrio did good enough job to the point where WB wants Terrio back for Justice League, then May 2016 is perfectly fine to me.

Hey I just posted it here in the DC thread rather than piss off everyone by making it it's own thread. I'm more than happy to talk DC tv stuff as well. Chill, man.

Seriously, I think Zeidler is worse in this thread than FSW ever was in the Marvel thread. At the very least, I can't recall FSW ever complaining that people were talking about Marvel movies in the Marvel thread. ("Could we get a separate thread for BLADE so I don't have to look at this bullshit anymore?")

• Like 1

Blade was confined to the non-Marvel Studios thread.

I'm excited for Constantine and the Flash, and ambivalent about Arrow, but supposed Batfans have browncoated the movies by fellating Frank Miller's aesthetic and going back to the same well for nearly 30 years. It's as embarrassing as TNA running ECW nostalgia shows in 2014.

• Like 2

Does anyone say Marvel keeps going back to the Ultron well or Thanos well? I mean they've been used quite a bit over the years as a big bad..  But who gives a shit, they are awesome characters. Superman V Batman is something we've been waiting to see in live action for YEARS..   Maybe come back in 2017 when we're done talking about it? But by then we'll be discussing Justice League so maybe after that?