DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

Is the Constantine pilot available anywhere...um.... legit?  Or do you have to hunt the darker corners of da interwebs for it (I kinda gave that up a while back).  I'd like to watch it, but I don't mind waiting a few months either.

Is the Constantine pilot available anywhere...um.... legit?  Or do you have to hunt the darker corners of da interwebs for it (I kinda gave that up a while back).  I'd like to watch it, but I don't mind waiting a few months either.

I wouldn't say Pirate Bay is a dark corner in 2014.

The Flash pilot was so good I thought about going back and watching at least season 2 of Arrow.  The Constantine pilot made me want to watch the show, and it's amazing how DC TV is getting stuff so right and DC movies are also awesome.

There you go..

DC TV has been killing it. The movies have been about 50/50. The Batman Trilogy was great, Man of Steel, Green Lantern not so much. I think its the opposite way with Marvel although some people have mentioned SHIELD getting better but what little I've seen of it it couldn't get less dull and uninteresting so there was only one way to go. 

I found the Constantine pilot decent enough. It didn't excite me for the show, but it has my attention  for the first 5 or so episodes at least. Flash's pilot did more for me.

DC TV has been killing it. The movies have been about 50/50. The Batman Trilogy was great, Man of Steel, Green Lantern not so much. I think its the opposite way with Marvel although some people have mentioned SHIELD getting better but what little I've seen of it it couldn't get less dull and uninteresting so there was only one way to go. 

SHIELD's last 6-7 episodes were really good and pretty much what people were initially expecting/wanting from the show.

Robbie Amell has been cast as half of Firestorm for The Flash. Though really, wouldn't they need 3 actors to play him? 

Not really. I mean, yeah, in the comics it's 3 different looks but I always figured a live action version would just be the Ronnie actor also being Firestorm with the Professor Stein personality just being a "voice in his head". I hope they get somebody good for it - Smallville had Terrance Stamp as Jor-El so I'm sure there's some awesome British actor out there just perfect for the role. He totally has to be British.

So excited to see Firestorm. He's by far my favorite non-Big Two DC Hero. Probably because he's also the most Marvel-esque character DC has.

This is one thing I like about Arrow and now apparently Flash they grab some really obscure characters and make them players and I like that. I enjoyed the Dollmaker on Arrow, I don't know if Deadshot is obsure but I never see him doing much but he's a fairly big deal on Arrow at times. 

I'd say Deadshot was very obscure (2 total appearances) until Suicide Squad in the 1980s. After that, i'd say he was moved to B-level status, thanks to Suicide Squad, Secret Six and the various batman video games.