Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Oops, wrong thread.

Edited by Casey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox complaining about toilet humor is wonderfully ironic. 

Hashtag Al Bundy 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I went to post the picture that IWA Mid South put out showing that

A) They were running a show tonight

B) It had about 50 people packed into a tiny barn with no social distancing

C) And maybe one person was wearing a mask

I guess because they were getting so much shit for it, they deleted the tweet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Ian Rotten still the promoter there? I've been out of the loop a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So I went to post the picture that IWA Mid South put out showing that

A) They were running a show tonight

B) It had about 50 people packed into a tiny barn with no social distancing

C) And maybe one person was wearing a mask

I guess because they were getting so much shit for it, they deleted the tweet

Is there anyone on tonight's IWA show scheduled to work Game Changer Wrestling tomorrow? They are also running in Indianapolis and supposedly were going to be running a responsible show (sanitizer stations, temperature checks, outdoor venue with seating being spaced out accordingly), albeit in the end, less responsible than not running a show at all. 

GCW may want to take an extra precaution and tell anyone that either worked or attended the IWA show tonight to stay the fuck away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

Is there anyone on tonight's IWA show scheduled to work Game Changer Wrestling tomorrow? They are also running in Indianapolis and supposedly were going to be running a responsible show (sanitizer stations, temperature checks, outdoor venue with seating being spaced out accordingly), albeit in the end, less responsible than not running a show at all. 

GCW may want to take an extra precaution and tell anyone that either worked or attended the IWA show tonight to stay the fuck away. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised it wasnt Monroe County. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tweeted after seeing that tweeted that disaster of a photo hoping that GCW is not this stupid.  Given that their show is outside at least they are already 30% less stupid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 10:46 PM, Peck said:

lol 

 

Chono fit the NWO more than any of the members that wasn't the initial 3 Wolfpack members or Hogan, everyone else seemed like they were slotted in to get the rub or random Hogan friend

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that 6 man any good? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GCW seems to be getting it right.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So all those years Ian was booking dream cards held in front of social distanced crowds of 20 people...

...yet NOW they draw a crowd???

2020 is weird.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks are attending even rotten events just to show they're not afraid of the virus.

I'll let folks judge for themselves if this is Kota Ibushi dumb or Will Ospreay dumb.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

So all those years Ian was booking dream cards held in front of social distanced crowds of 20 people...

...yet NOW they draw a crowd???

2020 is weird.

Turns out that all he needed to draw a crowd was to be literally the only option available for live entertainment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, alstein said:

Folks are attending even rotten events just to show they're not afraid of the virus.

I'll let folks judge for themselves if this is Kota Ibushi dumb or Will Ospreay dumb.

 

"I'm Kota Ibushi and this is Jackass!"

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 2:21 PM, caley said:

Perhaps you are forgetting the facts that

a. Vince is evil

b. Shayna is a good wrestler 

I don’t know how much evidence there is for b. She’s like a female Orton, only even more boring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Closer to female Baron Corbin. Hmmmmm... Sharon Corbin?

Sacha Baron Corbin

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Jackass theme song"... it's "Corona" by the Minutemen, a great and classic band, you dildos. 

Sorry just had to pile on whoever put that on Youtube haha

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 7:40 PM, RIPPA said:

So I went to post the picture that IWA Mid South put out showing that

A) They were running a show tonight

B) It had about 50 people packed into a tiny barn with no social distancing

C) And maybe one person was wearing a mask

I guess because they were getting so much shit for it, they deleted the tweet

And nothing of any value was lost...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

"Jackass theme song"... it's "Corona" by the Minutemen, a great and classic band, you dildos. 

Sorry just had to pile on whoever put that on Youtube haha

I know what the name of the song is, but I just wanted just the intro cut. I thought that was it and was wrong. Even still, it works. And yes, it's a good song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fine, just giving shit to whoever put it up. They didn't even name the song or band on the credits for the video. Someone in the comments says it's "Corona" but doesn't name the band either 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

isn't IWA Mid-South up there for promotions whose ring mats look like the origin story of antibiotic-resistant staph infections? so of all the promotions to cause a super-cluster of covid-19.. they'd be a likely culprit.

Not sure which promotion would debut "Pandemico", a wrestler whose mask looks like the covid19 model, between IWA-Mid South and some sleazy Mexican promotions. Mexico is climbing the pandemic charts, so I'm not expecting a quick return to live CMLL since most of the CMLL main eventers are in the high risk age category for this virus.

Edited by Cobra Commander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...