DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

With his big MOLON LABE tattoo, I'd throw Killer Karrion  Kross' hat into the ring as being of the right (pun intended?) type of political bent to believe COVID is a work as well.

I'm Facebook friends with him and he doesn't share any wacky conspiracy theories that I can remember. 

6 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I'm Facebook friends with him and he doesn't share any wacky conspiracy theories that I can remember. 

That's cool.  Typically MOLON LABE goes hand in hand with "the gubmint wants to take mah guns!"  And then it's a slippery slope to "mass shootings are false flag operations designed to take our guns away!"  Maybe ask him about the tattoo...it's possible he's just really into ancient history ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

WWF/E lucked their way into 4 Hall of Fame caliber, ace main eventers all rising up at the same time.  Austin, Rock, HHH, Foley.  (5 if you count Angle, but he didn't come around until the war was decided. Hell 6 if you count Murder McFuckFace, same caveat though.)  

WCW had Goldberg as their S-Tier level guy.  After that was DDP (who really should have been the one to beat Goldberg)... Steiner, and honestly, not much more beyond that.  Steiner was fine and cut a good promo, but frankly I cannot recall off the top of my head any main event match he was involved in that we could call anything great.  

Once Scott grew the goatee his work suffered greatly, like a reverse Samson.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

WWF/E lucked their way into 4 Hall of Fame caliber, ace main eventers all rising up at the same time.  Austin, Rock, HHH, Foley.  (5 if you count Angle, but he didn't come around until the war was decided. Hell 6 if you count Murder McFuckFace, same caveat though.)  

WCW had Goldberg as their S-Tier level guy.  After that was DDP (who really should have been the one to beat Goldberg)... Steiner, and honestly, not much more beyond that.  Steiner was fine and cut a good promo, but frankly I cannot recall off the top of my head any main event match he was involved in that we could call anything great.  

Booker T should be included after Steiner right? Since he was a multi time WCW champion, and someone the crowd always cared about.

5 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Once Scott grew the goatee his work suffered greatly, like a reverse Samson.

Exactly. You combine the spotfest Steiner of the early '90s with the promos and presence of BBP and you have a god damned star on their hands. Do that in '93 when WWF's business is waning and you don't even need Hulk Hogan.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Raziel said:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Goddam, I literally just ordered a pair of Jaguars Zubaz on Sunday. I will cherish them like a child when they arrive.

Edited by Ultimo Necro

14 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Goddam, I literally just ordered a pair of Jaguars Zubaz on Sunday. I will cherish them like a child when they arrive.

Maybe you should've ordered more. Way to go, Necro.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

Maybe you should've ordered more. Way to go, Necro.

I ordered them while drunk, I figured I could use some “lounging about the house” pants.  

As an aside, I almost ordered a knock-off Ribera jacket from eBay but couldn’t part with 100 bucks.

Link here if anyone is feeling flush - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ribera-Wrestling-Jacket-Coat-Choose-from-Black-Red-Blue-or-Navy-WWE-AEW-WWF/254359149827?hash=item3b38fc9d03:g:6jEAAOSw-AJdfIc3

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 1

So this afternoon, Beyond Wrestling decided to do a twitter Q&A, so I thought I'd bowl them something they could hit for six. And boy did they:

@RIPPA This post belongs in the Wrestling Discussion thread. It's a work, and it happened a few hours before Starr got exposed and the speaking out hashtag started.

Edited by AxB
  • Haha 15

50 minutes ago, AxB said:

So this afternoon, Beyond Wrestling decided to do a twitter Q&A, so I thought I'd bowl them something they could hit for six. And boy did they:

His response was fantastic.

Kevin Owens decided to stay home instead of attending the tapings today.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/kevin-owens-not-wednesday-wwe-raw-taping-313561

Former WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens was not at Wednesday's WWE Raw taping, opting to sit out due to a recent positive COVID-19 test by another wrestler.

The news was first reported by Fightful and later confirmed by Dave Meltzer.

The 36-year-old returned in mid-May after taking a break to heal up after his WrestleMania match against Seth Rollins in addition to wanting to spend more time with his family during the pandemic. 

The Fightful report said that WWE has no issue with Owens staying at home and did not pressure him into coming. It's unknown when he will return but per the original taping schedule, two editions of Raw are set to be filmed this Monday.

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

MJF is a treasure. We're lucky to have him.

it's been so long since someone actually tried to keep up kayfabe away from the arena nobody even recognizes when it's happening anymore.  YHWH Bless MJF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1