DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 11/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

Best episode of Dynamite yet.

Best video promo of the year for Jericho.

One of the best in ring promos of the year from Cody.

Awesome wrestling all night long.

Easily the best crowd of the year, or hell, the last many years.

Best go home show in a long, long, long time.

That entire main event angle was fucking lit.

INJECT THIS SHIT INTO MY VEINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Virgil also had the line of the year as well: "Chris Jericho's potential is like Olive Garden's breadsticks - unlimited."

I. Fucking. Died. I just re-watched that video package again and it's the funniest shit ever.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think Moxley will be in the MATCH BEYOND but he could be.   If I had to guess I'd go with it being Cody, Omega, Page and Bucks vs. Jericho, Sammy, Hager and Santana/Ortiz. 

MJF probably at ringside. 

I dunno, MJF has been involved with the Elite's war with the Inner Circle more than Adam Page has. And Page is a part of the Elite, while MJF is just in the Nightmare Family.

• Like 1

The Jericho video was a highlight for sure, but damn that crowd was also hot as fuck. Say what you will, but the OC kicks definitely popped the crowd.

I completely banished WWE out of my life and I am so glad that AEW manages to scratch my North American wrestling itch. Good stuff.

• Like 6

Shanna and Hayter work so snug and stiff together that I'm kinda in love with both of them.

That was easily the best Dark Order match in AEW.

Main event was the best kind of ECW chaos tying half the ppv card together.

Jericho's hype video was hilarious.

Spears bores me to tears, but that was a perfectly well booked midcard angle with Janela.

Anyway, enough of that stuff:

Cody Fucking Rhodes cut one of the greatest promos I've ever heard, had the crowd eating out of his hands, and has me legitimately wanting to see him beat the everliving fuck out of Chris Jericho.

• Like 6

what a show. Definitely one of the best yet.

Cody with a promo of the year, absolutely bringing the fire. I'd been thinking it's too early for Jericho to drop the title and there's no way Cody wins, now with the stip I'd hate to see Cody never able to challenge for the title but still leaning towards a Jericho win, then by the ending I was thinking maybe Cody would win. I love Jericho as champ but would love to see Cody as champ as well, with as hot of a star as he is in the moment. Legit have no idea which way it will go and that's awesome. the Jericho video was so fantastic. Hager's thing being never talking so he just stares at the camera, Living Legend Soultrain Jones, classic stuff.

Really liked the womens tag, great match and everyone involved looked excellent. Riho is amazing and a total star already. Hayter is turning out to be a really great find and pickup for AEW, she is all around great. Emi Sakura always rules and Shanna looked very good for the second week in a row. Love how last week's match was the TV intro to Hikaru Shida and it did it's job in showing how badass she is and putting her over but at the same time was a pretty nice intro to Shanna as well which allowed her to fit perfectly into this match right along with the other three. Everyone did good stuff here, great finishing stretch has me looking forward to seeing what Riho/Emi do together on PPV.

Super solid main event and that ending brawl was incredible. Moxley/Omega build has been epic really felt it tonight with the little video before the main, dug them almost going at it then getting interrupted then brawling to the back later. Commentary referred to Page/Pac as them being 1-1 and this being the rubber match but I thought they only had the one match.  One of the best 'selling the PPV' endings to a show I can recall in years. Those top matches feel really big time. Moxley/Omega and Cody/Jericho most especially.

• Like 3

So they teased a War Games by saying “The Match Beyond”, but doesn’t the WWE own not only the name now, as well as the double ring, and double cage concept? Can they find a way to get around it? 

If they do it, then at least they have one thing over WWE’s take on it, and that’s blood. I’m not a fan of WWE’s version. The lack of blood, and roofless cage make it more of a spot fest. Same thing happened to Elimination Chamber when they banned blading. Everybody started doing more falling from the cage, and bumps on the outside spots after that.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Riho is it right now. She was indeed the perfect choice for initial champ. The tag match was really good. All women involved got to shine and I now want Hayter full time too although I dig her in Stardom as well. Nice build towards Emi/Riho. That closing sequence was fire. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Commentary referred to Page/Pac as them being 1-1 and this being the rubber match but I thought they only had the one match.  One of the best 'selling the PPV' endings to a show I can recall in years. Those top matches feel really big time. Moxley/Omega and Cody/Jericho most especially.

The first match was the one from Nottingham, the week before Double or Nothing. Not an AEW match.

• Thanks 1

Holy shit.  A show where the vignettes are nearly as good as the matches.

I love Jericho in his role as AEW inaugural champion.  He remembers that comedy has a place in this industry.  It will be sad to see him lose on the PPV now that they've booked Cody into a corner and he absolutely has to win.

Just when you thought that Cody cut the promo of a lifetime, his wife gives Awesome Kong some of the best foreshadowing ever.  I cannot wait for Kong and Brandi to be the African American female version of Master Blaster from Mad Max:  Beyond Thunderdome.

All of the matches were really solid as usual and this was a great go home card for the PPV this weekend.  A shame me and my old lady are non grata and we're about to sell our place in Severn, otherwise I'd be in town for the Veteran's Day holiday weekend and could go to the show.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Casey said:

After that ending, and what I think is likely to happen at Full Gear...

Cody, Omega, Young Bucks, MJF & Moxley vs Jericho, Hager, Sammy, Santana, Ortiz & Adam Page.

THE MATCH BEYOND.

Page turns on Cody, costing him the title. He was Cody's best friend, stuck by his side through all of the Bullet Club stuff with Kenny in Japan, then MJF came around and Cody forgot about Page. Everyone is an Executive Vice President, even Cody's wife has a backstage role... but Page is just a wrestler. No separate dressing room, no fancy executive title. Nothing. Basically, jealousy. Classic heel turn (cowboy) shit.

Moxley is on Team Elite only because the Inner Circle attacked him first. Who wins at Full Gear, I won't speculate, but maybe he gains some respect for Omega after their unsanctioned match, too. This thing has been going since May, I don't think you need more than one match for this feud anyway. It's been slightly botched, but that's nobody's fault. It would have been nice to have one more match, the ALL OUT match, but whatever, the past is the past.

I don't usually involve myself in fantasy booking but I think this is entirely possible. Especially the Adam Page stuff. Everybody expects MJF to turn on Cody, but it's actually the guy who was MJF before MJF was in Cody's life.

I can see the slow build to a Mox/Omega tag team. First, PAC took them both out and now P&P did. Add in a dose of “I respect you” after their match, and presto!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyLaw said:

I can see the slow build to a Mox/Omega tag team. First, PAC took them both out and now P&P did. Add in a dose of “I respect you” after their match, and presto!

As long as it's a nod of respect, not a fuckin' handshake. Moxley shouldn't be doing things like that. But, otherwise, yes, I agree 100%.

Aside from the ref embarrassing himself on live TV that was an amazing 2 hours of TV. The Cody/Jericho feud has given us so much gold already and there’s more to come. 

Cutler is good as the modern Barry Horowitz. It’d be fun if they play into his DnD gimmick and he wins one in every twenty matches by fluke (like rolling a natural 20). One issue I could see coming up with AEW is they do need jobbers. Not lower card guys who lose, that’s basically Joey Janella right now. I mean straight up enhancement talent to get people over. Some people are going to have to swallow their pride, give themselves a generic name like Jonny St Trunks or the Michigan Monsoon, and eat some decisive pins. You could creatively book around the need for jobbers but I like those matches and it works.

I’ll echo the Hayter love. She really is jaw jacking as soon as she’s there, it’s great, old school heel shit. The women’s matches seem so random right now, they need to give them more of a story to work with. Right now it’s just matches and they aren’t good enough to be just that.

Final angle was tremendous! A mash up of WCW and ECW brawls, all it needed was for Natural Born Killaz to pop off to make it for real and holy shit, AEW needs their own New Jack.

So excited for Full Gear! Going to have people over to watch wrestling for the first time in years.

• Like 2

Oh yeah, everything Jericho did last night just made me think even more that he's doing the best Big Ern McCracken impression ever. I have no idea if that character influenced him or not, but man, Big Ern makes for an awesome wrestling gimmick.

I think what I want the most from Jericho now is if he wins on Saturday for him to say, "FINALLY! Chris Jericho is above the law!"

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gorman said:

Though it was in Nottingham, I believe they actually did count that as an official AEW match.

Pac only has one loss on his combined record, and that's him & Moxley vs Omega & Page. He's undefeated in singles.

• Like 1