DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 11/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Can people stop speaking in all this vague, cryptic nonsense and actually say what happened? No one's actually saying it, but the implication is that NJPW apparently either 1) tried to block Omega from entering Japan or 2) tried to get him banned from entering the country. 

If Bushiroad or anyone associated with NJPW tried that, that's insanely illegal. 

Which is probably why he is being vague. My guess is he has literally zero proof and is going off of assumption due to the issues NJPW had with his departure.

Wasn't there a story years ago where Dr Death Steve Williams got caught with drugs by Japanese customs, and was supposed to be banned from entering Japan for life, but Giant Baba intervened and got it cut to a one year suspension instead? 

• Like 2

Just now, AxB said:

Wasn't there a story years ago where Dr Death Steve Williams got caught with drugs by Japanese customs, and was supposed to be banned from entering Japan for life, but Giant Baba intervened and got it cut to a one year suspension instead? 

Yes, amongst other examples where Baba and /or Inoki got things done expeditiously or had things covered up. 

All Japan had just about all of the ties to the yakuza as well.

Somebody on Dave's board who has experience with Japanese immigration posted this:

This is something I feel like I can speak on a little more than most people in this thread thus far, given that I have actually held two visas to live in Japan.

One thing that is important to keep in mind is that Japan is very strict when it comes to the enforcement of laws if you are caught breaking them, but it is *very* common for employers to request employees to work while visa paperwork is still processing, which is technically illegal. I did it when I worked there because I felt I had no choice and my employer assured me it was perfectly legal. I found out later it wasn't, but luckily not the hard way. I couldn't see New Japan reporting *themselves* for this, but I could easily see them reporting Kenny if this happened when he was in DDT.

Although it's impossible to guess with any degree of certainty what the exact issue might be, the 10 year blacklisting thing makes it sound like a visa issue, since that was the number that was given to me by someone I knew with a connection in immigration when I was staying there on a student visa, quit school, and was living in Tokyo studying independently. I was told that you can do that for up to six months and not suffer any repercussions, but if you outstayed that timeframe you were looking at a potential 10 year blacklisting.

If NJPW was going to pull a dick move and try to punish Kenny for the way he left or to keep him from wrestling for competitors, reporting him for some kind of visa impropriety would be the way to do it, and the 10 year thing matches that perfectly.

Edited by Oyaji

If there really was someone lurking who passionately believed Thibs was right about everything, you'd think he would have started posting when Thibs was actually still here and could have used the backup, no?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

Which is probably why he is being vague. My guess is he has literally zero proof and is going off of assumption due to the issues NJPW had with his departure.

I hope this somehow finds a way into his next Undertale entrance video.

Imagine going through life struggling to tie  your shoes and not being able to eat Ritz Cracker sandwiches without getting peanut butter all over your hands. We should try and pity Thibs, understanding where his butthurt comes from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

Imagine going through life struggling to tie  your shoes and not being able to eat Ritz Cracker sandwiches without getting peanut butter all over your hands. We should try and pity Thibs, understanding where his butthurt comes from.

Nope, no pity. Fuck that clown.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

I was brought up under the belief “if you can’t say something nice then don’t say anything at all”

But yo, “fuck that guy”

ON TOPIC - the ending to that show was incredible, I want to spend the £15 (uk) on this show but my wife (British) insists we hang around with her friends which means a late night. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 9:53 PM, Web Conn said:

I noticed on TV the crowd was small a little disappointing for it being Charlotte, North Carolina but WWE had trouble in Charlotte recently. It may be attributed to how much WCW killed “Horsemen Country” by continually undermining Flair and the Horsemen for nearly two decades. That crowd was loud as fuck and it was a really good show. Early Nitros had empty seats. It’s gonna take time to build an audience and generate a buzz. If they stay patient and stay the course I think things will start to pick up. The ratings are not bad, would it have been nice if they had a substantial bump after the World Series, yes. Hopefully it’s a steady climb to 1 million viewers a week. TNT seems happy and still seem behind them, Marc Albert just pulled Full Gear during the Boston-Charlotte game. The Thanksgiving Eve show at Sears tickets selling slow is a touch troubling considering It’s what caused all this but is t the WWE in town around the same time? I think All Elite is going to be just alright they are going up against The Machine who has had 18 years (20 really) of relatively no direct competition it’s going to take time.

I was at the Omni on Jan 1, 1996 for a Nitro where the main event was Hogan v. Flair with an undercard of Randy Savage v. Arn Anderson and Sting & Lex Luger as a tag team. There were empty seats. A ton of them. These things take time. I think tafka Thibs did make one salient point; the first couple Dynamite shows were VERY in-ring heavy. I find the show moves better with some vignettes in between matches. Hopefully the audience comes back as the show finds its pace.

29 minutes ago, just drew said:

I was at the Omni on Jan 1, 1996 for a Nitro where the main event was Hogan v. Flair with an undercard of Randy Savage v. Arn Anderson and Sting & Lex Luger as a tag team. There were empty seats. A ton of them. These things take time. I think tafka Thibs did make one salient point; the first couple Dynamite shows were VERY in-ring heavy. I find the show moves better with some vignettes in between matches. Hopefully the audience comes back as the show finds its pace.

Apparently those are ratings killers. I would prefer short promos. That Cody promo from this past week came in under 10 minutes. If they can get more of that under 5 minutes, then they’ll be onto something. I’d like more tryout matches too. Like they used to do in WCW, or like what Shanna had with Shida. But don’t make them so long. Seven minutes is enough. 

But the most important thing is(I’ve said it before, and I say it again), they need to create new stars period. You can have the greatest matches, and promos, but you need stars. Either creating it from within, or finding it outside.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

I'm caught up on my DVR.

DOUBLE WET WILLIE~!  Jamie Hayter continues to impress.  Now if they can quit going to commercial during her offense...

such a fun brawl segment at the end, too. Loved the way it integrated storylines