DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 11/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Count of Monte Cristo said:

This niche product for hardcore Marks is proving that it appeals to almost nobody outside of the the elite and their circle of friends. What a joke.

The funniest part is these hard headed idiots are gonna continue to stubbornly put on a workrate heavy show with almost no storylines as viewers continue to leave in droves. 

My guess is Thibs. Ignored.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

I noticed on TV the crowd was small a little disappointing for it being Charlotte, North Carolina but WWE had trouble in Charlotte recently. It may be attributed to how much WCW killed “Horsemen Country” by continually undermining Flair and the Horsemen for nearly two decades. That crowd was loud as fuck and it was a really good show. Early Nitros had empty seats. It’s gonna take time to build an audience and generate a buzz. If they stay patient and stay the course I think things will start to pick up. The ratings are not bad, would it have been nice if they had a substantial bump after the World Series, yes. Hopefully it’s a steady climb to 1 million viewers a week. TNT seems happy and still seem behind them, Marc Albert just pulled Full Gear during the Boston-Charlotte game. The Thanksgiving Eve show at Sears tickets selling slow is a touch troubling considering It’s what caused all this but is t the WWE in town around the same time? I think All Elite is going to be just alright they are going up against The Machine who has had 18 years (20 really) of relatively no direct competition it’s going to take time.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Why are we engaging with this reactionary? Ratings declining and leveling out after a highly-promoted premiere is pretty standard, even on highly successful shows. TNT is happy with the results and they've exceeded expectations. If they want to clutch their pearls and collapse on a fainting couch, that's their business.

As for ticket sales in the south, who knows. Maybe a lot of people are busy that time of the year. Maybe their support in the south is softer than they'd like it to be. Doesn't mean the sky is falling. People need to chill out. 

That's all you get out of me if you're going to be ranting about "workrate" (what year is it?), fat dudes and purple haired chicks. Enjoy.

Facts and reality clearly make you uncomfortable to the point where you try to convince others not to engage. Only to engage yourself.

As far as workrate and 2019.... that word and the year has more relevance than ever TBH. Most of wrestling worships at its alter and no coincidently almost nobody watches. 

But anyway, the gist of your post is that even though they’ve lost half their audience in 5 weeks and attendance is dropping like a rock, everything’s great and there’s nothing to see her. 

Oh and the attendance.... it’s not “who knows”. It’s that even the most hardcore of hardcore marks can’t afford to follow this company around country every week. Ask everyone with a  functioning brain predicted 9 months ago 

Edited by Count of Monte Cristo

5 minutes ago, Count of Monte Cristo said:

Not him but its hilarious that ppl keep bringing him up since everything he predicted about AEW that ya’ll had a meltdown about is turning out to be true 

With those predictions you, and him can find the winning scratch off ticket, then go blow it all on crystal meth.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

@Dolfan in NYC or whoever, can we just fast forward to the point where this person is banned?

What a giant man child you are ?. A couple posts you don’t like make you uncomfortable to the point of crying like a baby and demanding a ban.

I feel sorry for whatever psychological trauma you’ve endured in your life. 

Edited by Count of Monte Cristo

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

With those predictions you, and him can find the winning scratch off ticket, then go blow it all on fentanyl laced heroin.

Fixed

Yeah, it's obvious. It's more obvious than Smash being Repo Man.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Count of Monte Cristo said:

Oh and the attendance.... it’s not “who knows”. It’s that even the most hardcore of hardcore marks can’t afford to follow this company around country every week. Ask everyone with a  functioning brain predicted 9 months ago 

You make a fine point. Although I'm not sure what straw-men you're arguing with. AFAIK, nobody was expecting weekly TV to consistently draw 10,000 and be comparable to shows that were built as destination events with conventions attached. But since you, as a longtime lurker, have such a great memory about which usernames were espousing which views and which usernames they were having conversations with, I'm sure you've got the receipts. 

Unless of course you're just Thibs.

Prove you're not. Tell me all the things I was right about nine months ago! 

giphy.gif

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Count of Monte Cristo said:

Now I could be wrong and maybe wrestling is pretty much dead anyway.

Yeah, that about sums it up I guess. I would say "wrestling won't ever be as popular as it used to be", but, hey, you said "dead", not me.

USA and TNT are happy with 6 digit numbers of viewers. That tells you all you need to know about wrestling in 2019. Anthem had to buy a fucking channel just to get Impact a decent TV deal. Did you go into a coma like 5-10 years ago and just woke up? This is wrestling now. Workrate is king (and I hated that shit at first too, but I learned to love it).

I said it in the AEW general thread, but this isn't the 1990s. What worked back then, won't work now. These people that disappeared after WCW died aren't coming - they've had 20 years to come back, and it's not going to happen now just because a guy who had 5+ star matches in Japan is now on national TV. I liked Pokemon 20 years ago, but I moved on once I grew up and out of that, and I'm not going to go back to it just because a shiny new game is coming out. It's the same way with most wrestling fans in the mid-to-late 90s.

You want characters and storylines more than workrate, but you've only given this brand new company 6 shows to produce the results you want. Maybe wait until a few months into 2020 before you declare it a circlejerk for The Elite, but it sounds like you made up your mind a long time ago about AEW, so you'd likely come to the same conclusion regardless.

It's not for you, that's fine. There's a lot of subforums on here that might be for you, then. Seems like you want a WWE like product that doesn't suck huge donkey balls, though, so godspeed in your search for that which doesn't exist.

• Like 2

The irony of someone droning on about AEW being interested in nothing but "workrate" a day after their show featured what was literally one of the greatest "money" promos to build up a PPV match you will ever see is quite amazing. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

The irony of someone droning on about AEW being interested in nothing but "workrate" a day after their show featured what was literally one of the greatest "money" promos to build up a PPV match you will ever see is quite amazing. 

It's almost like it's someone's alt account and they're just being a troll to be a troll.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Count of Monte Cristo said:

Not him but its hilarious that ppl keep bringing him up since everything he predicted about AEW that ya’ll had a meltdown about is turning out to be true 

For the record, an Admin can find out, based on your IP, who you have been.   

image.png

image.png

Hi Thibs.

tenor.gif

Bye Thibs. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For the record, an Admin can find out, based on your IP, who you have been.   

image.png

image.png

Hi Thibs.

tenor.gif

Bye Thibs. 

THANK YOU. Do you have a charity you support that I could donate to?

Also, EN090/Thibs, I know you're reading this, but what you're doing isn't remotely healthy. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Craig H said:

THANK YOU. Do you have a charity you support that I could donate to?

Also, EN090/Thibs, I know you're reading this, but what you're doing isn't remotely healthy. 

Yeah, seriously.  If Rippa gets donations to review awful wrestling (which I still need to get around to doing) then having you review awesome wrestling would be worth donating to.  Or just donating in general.

Now that the thread's thankfully re-opened I loved the episode a ton.  Cody talked so many people into ordering the show and I just hope for the absolute best.   And that parody video was outstanding.  The brawl at the end gave me all the warm and fuzzies and it's going to be wild seeing all this play out at Full Gear.

As for the women Shanna's impressed me so far for many reasons but most importantly with her wrestling ability.  Hopefully there's plans to get her into a title shot down the line.  Jamie Hayter (wonderful last name for a heel) is absolute gold with her mannerisms and if I was a teacher I'd see to have all my heel students act like she does.  Such wonderfully timeless stuff and assuming Riho holds onto it for awhile she'd be a great villain to go against.

Due to family shit going on I couldn't fully pay attention to the first match so I may have to check that again at some point.  I'm assuming Pac was supposed to pull up Trent? at 2 but something got mixed up there.  But I don't hold that against them.

• Like 2

Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

Yeah, seriously.  If Rippa gets donations to review awful wrestling (which I still need to get around to doing) then having you review awesome wrestling would be worth donating to.  Or just donating in general.

Now that the thread's thankfully re-opened I loved the episode a ton.  Cody talked so many people into ordering the show and I just hope for the absolute best.   And that parody video was outstanding.  The brawl at the end gave me all the warm and fuzzies and it's going to be wild seeing all this play out at Full Gear.

As for the women Shanna's impressed me so far for many reasons but most importantly with her wrestling ability.  Hopefully there's plans to get her into a title shot down the line.  Jamie Hayter (wonderful last name for a heel) is absolute gold with her mannerisms and if I was a teacher I'd see to have all my heel students act like she does.  Such wonderfully timeless stuff and assuming Riho holds onto it for awhile she'd be a great villain to go against.

Due to family shit going on I couldn't fully pay attention to the first match so I may have to check that again at some point.  I'm assuming Pac was supposed to pull up Trent? at 2 but something got mixed up there.  But I don't hold that against them.

I know the finish to the opener gets a lot of flack, but honestly, it was a blink and you'll miss it thing. At least it was to me. I literally blinked or looked away and thought Trent kicked out. The announcers called 3 and then they were confused. But I'll tell you what was great though - that PAC had the frame of mind to immediately roll Trent over into the Brutalizer and finish him that way. PAC is so freaking good.

By the way, can they please tighten up the ropes already? Every time PAC goes to the top rope he's on shaky legs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Craig H said:

By the way, can they please tighten up the ropes already? Every time PAC goes to the top rope he's on shaky legs.

I think PAC is doing that on purpose. He’s the only guy I notice that does that. I guess he likes to milk the heat as much as possible.

Edit: Here’s him doing it as Neville

QuaintGlumAmmonite-max-1mb.gif

On the pin fuck up.... Bryce should’ve just counted it. I’m sure he kicked himself the rest of the night for that. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

If you ever want to support my exploits outside of banning trolls, just see my sig.

Also, watch Demon Doctor on YouTube!   Episodes 1 & 2 are behind the spoilers

Spoiler

Otherwise, no thanks are ever needed. ? 

• Like 5

A little late, thankfully missed the drama.

Not much more can be said about Cody’s promo. It was the perfect retort to a hypocritical self-loving heel which didn’t diminish him or make him a lesser opponent but just showed how much Cody hates his guts and his plans for him on Saturday and in the future too. I’m sure WWE would perform human sacrifice to get a crowd to react that well. That was Attitude era, hanging onto the Rocks every word, level of engagement. Who cares if they are 2/3 full of every crowd is like that.

Also, I’m amazed only six weeks into production they can time out all the intricate beats of the ending brawl to a hard finish and nail it so well. That was fantastic. 

Can people stop speaking in all this vague, cryptic nonsense and actually say what happened? No one's actually saying it, but the implication is that NJPW apparently either 1) tried to block Omega from entering Japan or 2) tried to get him banned from entering the country. 

If Bushiroad or anyone associated with NJPW tried that, that's insanely illegal. 

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Can people stop speaking in all this vague, cryptic nonsense and actually say what happened? No one's actually saying it, but the implication is that NJPW apparently either 1) tried to block Omega from entering Japan or 2) tried to get him banned from entering the country. 

If Bushiroad or anyone associated with NJPW tried that, that's insanely illegal. 

Great, we’ve moved on to board analysis of Japanese immigration laws.

Edited by JonnyLaw
  • Like 2