DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

I was wondering about that Dave comment because I heard him say the same thing on a podcast,  how Reigns got no reaction.  I'm not sure that's how movie theaters work, really.  It's not like Married...with Children where Al would walk in and the live audience would become unglued.  Movies don't work like that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I was wondering about that Dave comment because I heard him say the same thing on a podcast,  how Reigns got no reaction.  I'm not sure that's how movie theaters work, really.  It's not like Married...with Children where Al would walk in and the live audience would become unglued.  Movies don't work like that.

That may depend on the demographics of the audience. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

So the WWE wants to or is about to  have its own Podcast Network.  That's just great I can only imagine the stuff that will be on this:

1.  At least one Sam Roberts show

2.  At least one Peter Rosenberg show

3.  At least one show that openly mocks dirt sheet writers

That's all one show.  What are the other two?

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Dave's overarching point on the Reigns movie thing is how far WWE has fallen as far as mainstream exposure and he's not wrong. I'm not sure the reaction to one guy in one movie theater is the way to properly gauge that, but if anybody wants to argue that any WWE performer today has mainstream Q like their stars from years past, I'd like to hear it because you know they don't.

9 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

I'm not sure the reaction to one guy in one movie theater is the way to properly gauge that

I think this is the sticking point. Dave gonna Dave.

I don't know if WWE has necessarily fallen that far in mainstream exposure, it's just that by Vince mandate the brand rather than any individual wrestler is now presented as the star. So as much as it seems like they try to make Roman a big deal on the TV shows, it doesn't translate to mainstream because he still isn't presented as the star outside of the shows.

Dave should have gone to see the movie in Texas. Word is Ross Von Erich's appearnace got a massive pop at every screening in the whole state.

Just now, AxB said:

Dave should have gone to see the movie in Texas. Word is Ross Von Erich's appearnace got a massive pop at every screening in the whole state.

I heard he was in it but I don't remember seeing him and IMDB isn't much help.  Who did he play as?

But while looking up the cast I saw that Nathan Jones was in it as a pilot so there's that for ya.