DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXII - 8/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I mean, that's how long it will take for Aleister to make it to the ring.    But if it's anything other than the bell ringing while Sami's screaming at the ref for some perceived injustice and stupidly walking into a Black Mass, I'll be fucking astonished. 

Sami skanks into Black Mass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I mean, that's how long it will take for Aleister to make it to the ring.    But if it's anything other than the bell ringing while Sami's screaming at the ref for some perceived injustice and stupidly walking into a Black Mass, I'll be fucking astonished. 

Summerslam is one of the even longer shows so I can see it getting time, especially if

Spoiler

Ziggler/Goldberg actually happens

Just to put this out there so we have a full list of all the currently announced an unannounced matches

ANNOUNCED MATCHES:

Brock Lesnar (c) v Seth Rollins - Universal Championship
Kofi Kingston (c) v Randy Orton - WWE Championship
AJ Styles (c) v Riccochet - US Championship
Nakamura (c) v Ali - Intercontinental Championship
Becky Lynch (c) v Natalya - RAW Women's Championship
Bayley (c) v Ember Moon - Smackdown Women's Championship
Kevin Owens v Shane McMahon
Charlotte Flair v Trish Stratus

Drew McIntyre v Cedric Alexander
Finn Balor v Bray Wyatt
Sami Zayn v Alistair Black

RUMORED/UNANNOUNCED MATCHES

Spoiler

The Iconics (c) v Asuka/Kairi Sane v Mandy Rose/Sonja Deville v Alexa Bliss/Nikki Cross - Women's Tag Titles
Drew Gulak (c) v Oney Lorcan - Cruiserweight Championship
Roman Reigns v Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler v Goldberg

Neither brands tag titles have a match announced yet. If they both get added, that will be 17 total matches. Crazy.

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

I honestly can’t believe they’re wasting a Goldberg match on Ziggler.

You know who's sitting at home doing nothing who could probably get a good 5 minute train wreck brawl out of Goldberg and looks imposing enough to pose a threat? Luke Harper. I guess the only thing you'd have to worry about is whether or not Goldberg could actually jackhammer him because he's so tall and heavy. I'd be a million times more interested in seeing that than Goldberg/Ziggler.

59 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

You know who's sitting at home doing nothing who could probably get a good 5 minute train wreck brawl out of Goldberg and looks imposing enough to pose a threat? Luke Harper. I guess the only thing you'd have to worry about is whether or not Goldberg could actually jackhammer him because he's so tall and heavy. I'd be a million times more interested in seeing that than Goldberg/Ziggler.

Harper is leaving in what a few months at this point? Beyond that I don't think the point is to have a good 5 minute match with Godlberg. The Ziggler match will likely last less than one minute.

13 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I honestly can’t believe they’re wasting a Goldberg match on Ziggler.

Ziggler's a great bumper. If you need a WWE guy to get quickly squashed by a power wrestler, Ziggler's a great choice.

On 8/1/2019 at 4:21 PM, MonteCarl said:

Just to put this out there so we have a full list of all the currently announced an unannounced matches

ANNOUNCED MATCHES:

Brock Lesnar (c) v Seth Rollins - Universal Championship
Kofi Kingston (c) v Randy Orton - WWE Championship
AJ Styles (c) v Riccochet - US Championship
Nakamura (c) v Ali - Intercontinental Championship
Becky Lynch (c) v Natalya - RAW Women's Championship
Bayley (c) v Ember Moon - Smackdown Women's Championship
Kevin Owens v Shane McMahon
Charlotte Flair v Trish Stratus

Drew McIntyre v Cedric Alexander
Finn Balor v Bray Wyatt
Sami Zayn v Alistair Black

RUMORED/UNANNOUNCED MATCHES

Reveal hidden contents

The Iconics (c) v Asuka/Kairi Sane v Mandy Rose/Sonja Deville v Alexa Bliss/Nikki Cross - Women's Tag Titles
Drew Gulak (c) v Oney Lorcan - Cruiserweight Championship
Roman Reigns v Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler v Goldberg

Neither brands tag titles have a match announced yet. If they both get added, that will be 17 total matches. Crazy.

17 matches? Jesus Murphy.

So glad we ended up getting a suite. No lineups for food, drinks or washroom. And I can take a nap at any point through this marathon of a show. Wrestlemania felt like it went on for 6 months lol

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 7:36 PM, Eivion said:

Harper is leaving in what a few months at this point? Beyond that I don't think the point is to have a good 5 minute match with Godlberg. The Ziggler match will likely last less than one minute.

Harper got time added to his contract, so he can't leave until after WrestleMania of next year supposedly.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Harper got time added to his contract, so he can't leave until after WrestleMania of next year supposedly.

My mistake then. I thought the months added stretched his contract only to October/November.

What does a guy like Harper do, when on contract but not get used?  Sit it out?  Show up, but hang out at catering?  Keep to the gyms?  Stay at home with family?  Clock in time at the Performance Center to avoid ring rust, for the eventual release?  I've been curious about that, as far back as the shuttering of WCW.

So let me see.  You have Matt Riddle constantly baiting Goldberg to the point that even Chris Jericho is in on the joke in his own dorky way.  So you have Goldberg willing to wrestle and you choose a guy that was dead in the WWE water years ago. 

I mean at least you don't have to worry about Goldberg getting hurt because Dolph probably won't lay a finger on him the entire 6 seconds this match is

I seriously doubt Goldberg is interested in working with the dude telling him he shoot can't wrestle, especially considering how embarrassed he seemed to be after the debacle with Taker.

Also: if this Riddle Twitter stuff is turned into a storyline, he's pretty clearly the heel. Meaning he'd almost certainly be doing the J-O-B to Goldberg. And NXT would lose the only face they've bothered to build up outside of Gargano.

Dolph is a better choice because he can take the ass beating and still be exactly where he was before the match (JTTS purgatory).

Yeah, even though I joked about replacements on the @D_V_D_V_R twitter  (Follow now!), Goldberg-Riddle is a great future match up they should build towards.  BUT... Riddle 100% must go over. 

Riddle tapping out Goldberg at Mania -- whoo boy, that instantly makes him a huge star.  

With the Women's Tag Title match and Rey/Andrade happening last night on RAW, and who knows what other matches will be on SD tonight (Drew/Alexander? Sami/Black?), seems they are cutting down the full SummerSlam card. Guess they realized 15+ matches on one show is a bit much. Officially, there are only 9 matches announced for the card, according to WWE.com's page. So who knows what will actually end up on the show.

Interesting to note is that every match on the show now are singles one-on-one matches. 

Edited by MonteCarl

6 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

With the Women's Tag Title match and Rey/Andrade happening last night on RAW, and who knows what other matches will be on SD tonight (Drew/Alexander? Sami/Black?), seems they are cutting down the full SummerSlam card. Guess they realized 15+ matches on one show is a bit much. Officially, there are only 9 matches announced for the card, according to WWE.com's page. So who knows what will actually end up on the show.

Interesting to note is that every match on the show now are singles one-on-one matches. 

Disappointing that it will no longer be a 7 hour ultimate thrill ride, more just a regular PPV now

10 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Disappointing that it will no longer be a 7 hour ultimate thrill ride

Was it ever? 

Re: Riddle vs Goldberg — On the latest Austin podcast, Steve and Booker T went on an extended bitch session about Riddle’s tweet after the Goldberg-Taker match. Sounds like the Bro has heat with a certain type of old timer. That dude is never ever ever beating Goldberg.