DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXII - 8/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

PS4 is all fucked up since the update.  Anyone have any reason why this could be or what could be done to fix it?  

There's no way to fix it. It's happening to everyone streaming on PS4.

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Anti-Rollins Fanclub will twist the facts and move the goal posts to avoid acknowledging this. Guaranteed.

What's the Vinn diagram of "anti-Rollins" and "anyone but Brock" look like, though?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Seth get's 2 clean as a sheet Coronations over Brock in 4 months

Low blows aren't clean as a sheet. This is the kind of win he needed back at Mania.

My friend and I both observed that the crowd was dead silent for Rollins for the entrance/introduction. They did wake up eventually. 

8 minutes ago, Casey said:

Anti-Rollins Fanclub will twist the facts and move the goal posts to avoid acknowledging this. Guaranteed.

He was over tonight. But this is the third time they’re trying to make him “the guy,” and now they’re gonna go heads up w AEW with maybe the worst promo on the roster as champ. That’ll go well.

Also, Rollins fans have a lot of nerve calling anyone “fanboys.” 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

That Twisted Bliss wasn’t flying, it was falling with style.

Also, I’m enjoying the Bliss/Cross team and think they and the IIconics did pretty well on the preshow. It’s good having characters who aren’t just ‘childhood dream’. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Streaming was horrible on the PS4. Really hope they find a way to stabilize it in the near future.

Oney/Drew was decent.

IIconics vs. Bliss/Cross was ok.

Becky/Nattie was so damn good and easily the best match Nattie has had in years. Loved the attitude both brought and it was nice to see the crowd falter a bit between choosing the one of their own and Becky.

Goldberg/Ziggler was about what I expected. I paid little attention to what happened after the match ended.

AJ/Ricochet had plenty of neat stuff though I'm always iffy about guys as springy as Ricochet needing to sell a damaged leg in their matches. That said for some reason his bounciness didn't bother me as much as it might have normally.

Bayley/Ember was solid, but the two just had no real momentum to work with the crowd and never quite built it up.

Owens/McMahon was actually fun, especially the ending stretch.

Charlotte/Trish was great. Trish looked better than she ever did in her prime and the two gelled generally well. This might have been my favorite match from the show.

Kofi/Orton was where the streaming was worst for me. I had to actually restart the whole damn thing just to finish it properly. In general I thought it was building up to something solid until the finish which was just poorly done count out wise. That said it was still nice to see Kofi beat Orton's ass with a kendo stick.

Fiend/Finn was a perfect glorified squash. Bray brought little new to the table move wise, but he carries himself in the new gimmick beautifully in and out of the ring. I haven't enjoyed Bray match this much since either Bray/Bryan or Shield/Wyatts.

Brock/Seth was match I gave no shit about goign in and ended up completely loving. I still don't want either as champ, but that was so much better than what we got at WM between the two.

Loved Becky/Nattie, Charlotte/Trish, & Brock/Seth while nothing else here ever entered the bad territory so this was a solid show at worse even with the shitty stream quality on PS4.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 5

Just now, Johnny Sorrow said:

Maybe it was the booze, weed, food and friends I watched this with , but I really loved this show. 

I think all of that helps in any situation but this was a good show.  Only thing I hated was Kofi/Orton non-finish.  I guess they head to Hell in a Cell. 

• Like 1