DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXII - 8/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the plan. They rarely have HOFers remain active in-ring. My guess is that he didn't want to go out with the horrible Taker match, so this is a way to end things on a better note.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the plan. They rarely have HOFers remain active in-ring. My guess is that he didn't want to go out with the horrible Taker match, so this is a way to end things on a better note.

I also think Goldberg wants to make amends after the horrible Undertaker match. The Undertaker came back sooner than expected at Extreme Rules, it was his best performance and match since 2015 with Brock Lesnar.

7 hours ago, Ace said:

After this weekend, Goldberg should honestly never wrestle again.

I thought Goldberg's match with Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XXXIII would be his last.  A world title match at WrestleMania and it was one of the best under five minutes matches you'll see, it went as it should. Two big powerful men spamming their key moves till the other fell. Bonus points for waking the crowd back up after Seth Rollins vs. Triple H and Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton.

• Like 1

I can't believe I'm actually going to say it, but they're currently at 10 confirmed matches (whatever form Roman's match will take will make it 11).   

That's actually -- a little light for a 4 hour show?  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I can't believe I'm actually going to say it, but they're currently at 10 confirmed matches (whatever form Roman's match will take will make it 11).   

That's actually -- a little light for a 4 hour show?  

With any luck the matches that need the required time will get it.

Not really

Lets say 8 matches get an average of 15 minutes (include entrances)

8 x 15 = 120 minutes

And 3 matches get an average of 20 minutes (include entrances)

3 x 20 = 60 minutes

That is 3 hours right there and that hasn't factored in videos, backstage nonsense, and Network commercials. So if you say 30 minutes for that horseshit. That is 3 1/2 hours which is probably perfect in length.

(If anyone is wonder - I am figuring AJ/Richocet, KO/Shane and either Gulak/Lorcan or Kofi/Orton are hitting the 20 minute at least)

BTW - if you are the wrestling betting type and you can bet on the length of a Shane match. Take the over

2019 Shane McMahon match length times (and this is just the actual match)

• Royal Rumble - 13:20
  • Elimination Chamber - 14:10
  • Fastlane - 14:10
  • Wrestlemania - 15:30
  • Money in the Bank - 13:08
  • Extreme Rules - 16:55
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah,  I'm guessing Shane's match will be about 22-25.  KO can work and Shane, well... gets time. Hell, I'd put money on it being the longest match, easily.   Only AJ/Ricochet are really capable of longer. Brock/Seth can too, but that requires Brock to be super motivated instead of his usual "GERMAN SUPLEX (x10), sell, GERMAN SUPLEX (x10), sell, F5".  

Shortest match is obviously Goldie/Zig.   

Let's hope Shane's heart doesn't explode and KO doesn't take the blame for it.

I was laughing watching Shane get blown up after 30 seconds of activity last night. Shane from physical appearances looks to be in better shape than KO, but KO's the guy I would call a cardio machine over Shane. KO must have the Mickey Mantel gene... (not sure if anyone will get that)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Let's hope Shane's heart doesn't explode and KO doesn't take the blame for it.

I was laughing watching Shane get blown up after 30 seconds of activity last night. Shane from physical appearances looks to be in better shape than KO, but KO's the guy I would call a cardio machine over Shane. KO must have the Mickey Mantle gene... (not sure if anyone will get that)

Let's just hope the Mickey Mantle gene doesn't mean KO needs a new liver in mid-50s.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I was laughing watching Shane get blown up after 30 seconds of activity last night. Shane from physical appearances looks to be in better shape than KO, but KO's the guy I would call a cardio machine over Shane. KO must have the Mickey Mantel gene... (not sure if anyone will get that)

I am not sure you get that - because that implies KO is a raging alcoholic who avoids his family.... but yes he is in shape while not looking like it

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I am not sure you get that - because that implies KO is a raging alcoholic who avoids his family.... but yes he is in shape while not looking like it

It's a reference to a comedian...

Prior to the Goldberg/Ziggler addition, I fully expected Owens to basically squash Shane in under 5 minutes. Hopefully not now.

5 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

I see people posting about wrestlers "last match" and then I can't help think ya'll forgot about the Blood Money shows.

The real reason they couldn't add Shane's career on the line stip last night (thankfully)

• Like 1

I'm actually gonna have to watch a pre-show for the first time years to see Gulak/Lorcan.

I always thought Brock and Seth had a good singles match in them after their triple threat with Cena at the Rumble a few years ago, but that was before Brock discovered he could make more money by selling suplex city shirts than by having good matches.