DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Note: I think Jason Hervey was also on every single one of those, but Bisch wasn't on the Baio reality show.

I swear Bisch talked about selling the Baio shows on 83 Weeks

I remember "The Devil's Ride" tv show. It was train wreck bad. Just a show to capitalize on the popularity of Sons of Anarchy at the time. Basically it was about a fake motorcycle club but it was presented as a reality show. All of their fights pretty much boiled down to, "hey you can't wear that color here". Instead of tough guys, it made them sound like the Sneetches from that Dr. Seuss story. "Hey, you got stars upon thars, you can't come in here!".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rocco said:

Bossman had a great career for a guy who started doing jobs on JCP TV.  

He was always going to, though. Dusty had plans for him within a couple of months of his debut.

028_raw_05231994_0068--8f1ccbdd2ca4b28a4

I don't think anyone was looking at 16-year-old Jeff Hardy in 1994 and thinking "Future WWE Champion."

• Like 2

Well, if the WWF fans assumed that the WWE was some small regional promotion that would exist at some point in future history, they might accept the idea.

6 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Hmmm.....

Looks like they’ll have a “What if?” mode. Interesting, but I wished they’d fix the broken ass AI during tag matches instead. Having anything other than a singles match is no fun in those games. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I swear Bisch talked about selling the Baio shows on 83 Weeks

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

Maybe he's just not listed in the credits or they didn't add him on IMDB.

The Baio reality show was developed by Bischoff/Hervey Entertainment (Bisch's production company).  I didn't see his name listed in the credits on IMDB, but he's listed elsewhere as co-creator and executive producer.  Hervey says he co-wrote (ugh) most episodes with Bischoff.

I didn't know a Scott Baio reality show was a thing until this came up.  I'm not feeling bad about not knowing.  For once, knowing is not half the battle.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

From WWE earlier:

They ruined Taker's proposal to Sting. Their marriage would have cemented the darkness for years to come and ushered in a bold new era of Sports Entertainment stage prop magic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I dread WWE's near-future experiments with hologram/video game/CGI/deepfake/prosthetic tech to "re"-create matches between workers that never happened. Aided and abetted by consumer nerds who will pay for anything to avoid using their own imagination, the Uncanny Valley creepiness of all this is certain, as is the inevitable rewriting of history. Again. look at the evolution of Marvel's What If comic: interesting dramatic explorations, becoming more the basis for retroactive continuity overwrites into "if you like this, we'll make it into a series for you to buy".

- RAF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

The Baio reality show was developed by Bischoff/Hervey Entertainment (Bisch's production company).  I didn't see his name listed in the credits on IMDB, but he's listed elsewhere as co-creator and executive producer.  Hervey says he co-wrote (ugh) most episodes with Bischoff.

I didn't know a Scott Baio reality show was a thing until this came up.  I'm not feeling bad about not knowing.  For once, knowing is not half the battle.

Yeah, yeah, yeah; Joanie loves Chachi, but does Chachi give a flying fuck about Joanie?

Years ago, there was some guy on this board talking about how badly he wanted hologram wrestling. When other people told him it was a bad idea, he went on a rant about them being the idiots who like Monday Night Raw.

It was all very bizarre

39 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Years ago, there was some guy on this board talking about how badly he wanted hologram wrestling. When other people told him it was a bad idea, he went on a rant about them being the idiots who like Monday Night Raw.

It was all very bizarre

Hey! I likes what I likes!

50 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It was all very bizarre

Don’t tell me you’re against hologram wrestling when you know damn well you’d go see a Dio hologram tour!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmmmmmm hologram... An Undertaker Vs. Undertaker match, but this time he’s fighting the Taker who “Died” at the hands of Paul Bauer, and Mankind. From that point on Taker was “powerless”, and didn’t use the powers of the Urn. What if by the end of this match Taker, and old ghost Taker come to a compromise, and fuse into one? Like Kami, and Piccolo did on DBZ. Then after this Undertaker will be portrayed by the younger Baron Corbin. BOOM... Pay this genius right now! 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs