DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

1 minute ago, Wyld Samurai said:

That's Penthouse Pet Julie Strain ?

This is awful. ?

Much of her youth was wiped from her memory, as she suffered a case of retrograde amnesia due to a severe head injury suffered in a fall from a horse. In November 2018 it was announced that she was in the late stages of dementia, believed to be a result of that injury, and was receiving hospice care at home.

• Sad 9

11 hours ago, OSJ said:

When it comes to Bischoff, nobody knows his ideas, mainly because he doesn't have any.

There ya go, the condensed version. 

He just subscribed to New Japan World, so those ideas are going to start flowing real soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is awful. ?

Much of her youth was wiped from her memory, as she suffered a case of retrograde amnesia due to a severe head injury suffered in a fall from a horse. In November 2018 it was announced that she was in the late stages of dementia, believed to be a result of that injury, and was receiving hospice care at home.

I did not know this. ?

Just now, Wyld Samurai said:

I did not know this. ?

Nothing good comes from riding a horse.

When I was about 10, I went to the Poconos with my mother and future step-father. We went horseback riding with a large group of people. My horse didn't want to go with the rest of the group. It kept wandering off to the side and eating leaves off the trees. The stupid horse wouldn't budge, so I just hopped off and went back to the stable we left from. I assume somebody found a lone horse in the woods and brought it back to the stable.

• Haha 5

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When I was about 10, I went to the Poconos with my mother and future step-father. We went horseback riding with a large group of people. My horse didn't want to go with the rest of the group. It kept wandering off to the side and eating leaves off the trees. The stupid horse wouldn't budge, so I just hopped off and went back to the stable we left from. I assume somebody found a lone horse in the woods and brought it back to the stable.

I grew up on a horse. Been bucked off and hopped back on more times than I can remember. Stuff happens, just as it does when you're riding a motorcycle.  Knowing how to fall might be the most important trait.

2 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I grew up on a horse. Been bucked off and hopped back on more times than I can remember. Stuff happens, just as it does when you're riding a motorcycle.  Knowing how to fall might be the most important trait.

You'd never get me on a motorcycle, either.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

45 minutes ago, AxB said:

And Bugger Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling. Some people watched that. 

Do you have any evidence to support this statement? 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Casey said:

I watched it, but I was also neck deep in a nasty Xanax addiction in 2008 so I don't remember much of it.

I'm thinking this is a "chicken or egg" situation

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Ryan said:

I've heard there are ways of stealing. You may have to invade their vaults with a highly un-skilled team of trained chimps each with their own set of skills in espionage that don't work.

Seriously, though, does WWE Network have any king of protections in place that will hinder free subs from the same IP?  I mean there are privacy-focused email services like protonmail where you don't even need to give them a phone number or alternate address.  What's to keep me from starting a new email account every month and getting my free month over and over?

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Bischoff has also sold some reality shows nobody has ever heard to networks nobody watches.

Gotta respect the man's hustle, though.  The money is out there and fools want "content."

Edited by Technico Support

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Co-signed! Nasty critters at heart.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You'd never get me on a motorcycle, either.

Been there, done that. No thank you, not again. I don't like bugs in my teeth or the idea of having zero protection surrounded by assholes who pretend they can't see you going at sixty mph.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
11 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Seriously, though, does WWE Network have any king of protections in place that will hinder free subs from the same IP?  I mean there are privacy-focused email services like protonmail where you don't even need to give them a phone number or alternate address.  What's to keep me from starting a new email account every month and getting my free month over and over?

I believe you'd need to use a new payment method each time as well.

5 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I believe you'd need to use a new payment method each time as well.

Correct. The site tracks your e-mail and retains your credit card info so you can't scam them for an extra free month I guess is the idea.

Just now, Justin877 said:

I am assuming that Terry Funk/ Chris Candido match came at the waning days of WCW.  I feel compelled to watch it though.

It was on WCW Thunder in late May 2000 because I remember vividly flipping back and forth between that and the debut episode of Survivor.

46 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Been there, done that. No thank you, not again. I don't like bugs in my teeth or the idea of having zero protection surrounded by assholes who pretend they can't see you going at sixty mph.

There's these things called helmets, they're mandatory in a lot of places. They keep you from getting fly squash for breakfast, or a fractured skull for dinner. Obviously I'm biased, when I was a little kid my parents didn't own a car, just a Motorbike each, so me and my brother would ride with them, but I never thought of motorbikes themselves as inherently dangerous (also, my Dad was a racer. A few weekends when my Mum was working, we'd go with him and camp out at like Brand's Hatch or something). More the people using them, and those car drivers who think holding a steering wheel makes them both an immortal god, and the only human being in the world.

Horses, they're OK too. You've just got to know what you're doing, and try to make sure the particular horse you're on has a compatible personality to you. 

Two dead friends from motorcycle accidents. Two other friends that were never the same after being brought to the brink of death from motorcycle accidents.

Don't really care if the danger is inherent or not, I will always strongly encourage people to stay the fuck away from them forever. So, @OSJ, please continue to do so. We need our grizzled veteran posters.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1