DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

3 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Most skinheads aren't racist, even less are Nazis, but most of them have rather boring taste in both dress and music ?

That said, it's certainly an odd insult. 

Reminds me of an old joke:

What's the difference between SHARP skinheads and racist skinheads?

SHARP skinheads hate EVERYONE.

• Like 1

The Rock as Hollywood Rock (2003) is by far my favourite incarnation. The Rocks a big headed movie star, the guitar playing, the mini-feud with the Hurricane and deservedly going over cleanly Steve Austin at WrestleMania XIX. 

• Like 3

The bank accounts tweet was the worst of them. Strongly disagree that Rollins' is the best in the world and WWE's the best pro wrestling on the planet as well.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

The bank accounts tweet was the worst of them. Strongly disagree that Rollins' is the best in the world and WWE's the best pro wrestling on the planet as well.

Shit, Rollins isn't even the best in his company and as long as NJPW and AEW are in business WWE is third in in-ring product. Still, what did we expect him to say (though granted, that third tweet sounds like Becky was standing behind him with a baseball bat to ensure he sounded contrite.)

• Like 2

But hey, at least he apologized and unlike Lars this seems sincere to me.  So I'm cool with it.  I guess I can also say that since I don't follow him on there so I wouldn't know how he generally is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I hope "No more garbage tweets" = no more tweets.

I hope you're wrong. Making fun of Rollins is far more fun than making fun of Darby Allin.

24 minutes ago, The Natural said:

The bank accounts tweet was the worst of them. 

I actually feel like his comments about the indies, and highspots during his SI interview to be the most bone headed he thing said considering his in-ring style.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

While these all stem from RAW - they are related to larger stories so I will post it here

By Mike Johnson on 2019-07-02 13:02:00
The creative process at Raw last night was no different from any other week, with Vince McMahon being the lead person in charge.  He and Paul Heyman were both at the gorilla position together for much of the show.  While the show had a lot of Paul Heyman fingerprints on it, the end call on everything was still Vince McMahon.

For those who are asking, Maria Kanellis is indeed pregnant, as announced on Raw.  The story that is making the rounds is that Kanellis informed WWE she was expecting again after she and Mike Kanellis signed new deals with the company.  PWInsider.com has been told that is indeed correct.  

The belief is that Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows have agreed to terms on new WWE deals but may not have signed them yet.  All signs were that the duo would be exiting this Fall when their current deals expired as they had turned down some lucrative five-year offers from the company.  At the time, those close to the duo had pointed to the creative (well, the lack theorof as they hadn't been used in forever) as a major reason they were looking to exit.  It would appear being placed in a top heel group with AJ Styles may have changed that.  We have not been able to confirm they have actually signed deals.

While Corey Graves teased he was fined on social media today, his "holy sh**" call on commentary was planned and approved.  The comment was not bleeped out in the United States, Canada or Great Britain.  Raw airs on a seven second delay, so the company could have easily bleeped Graves if they felt it was an issue.

Eric Bischoff was not backstage at Raw but will be there tonight for Smackdown in San Antonio.

Rhyno's WWE deal expires on 7/17.

Man on the one hand, if I'm Impact, MLW, AEW, etc. the last thing I want is to be the "WWE castoff" company scooping up every single guy that gets released like it's FSN-era TNA. 

On the other, if Rhyno is a free agent and you're not signing him, major F you. 

• Like 1

On that interview Rhyno did a couple of months ago - Rhyno specifically stated over and over again he "wants to be out on the road" and seemed to indicate while he was open to working with a lot of places (pretty much everywhere he had worked prior) it didn't seem like he necessarily wanted to be locked down anywhere.

Now if you want pick nits - that pretty much rules out Impact and Ring of Honor. I mean ROH runs a little more regularly than Impact but not much. Though Impact's deals are pretty much just "make our tv tapings your first priority" so who knows

• Like 1

For those who are asking, Maria Kanellis is indeed pregnant, as announced on Raw.  The story that is making the rounds is that Kanellis informed WWE she was expecting again after she and Mike Kanellis signed new deals with the company.  PWInsider.com has been told that is indeed correct.

This is reading like she withheld that she was pregnant, then signed a new deal and only then told them she wouldn't be available while she's pregnant/on maternity leave (but still getting paid) and last night was the beginning of their punishment for that. Anyone know when their contracts would've run out?