DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

4 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I can't keep up with who I'm supposed to love/grudgingly respect/hate/want to set DVDs of their matches on fire anymore. Who has the master list.

Probably someone that I've blocked.

6 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I can't keep up with who I'm supposed to love/grudgingly respect/hate/want to set DVDs of their matches on fire anymore. Who has the master list.

Liking and disliking what you want is a lot easier.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Rock was more than fine in the ring. Unfortunately, the fact that he so obviously got by on charisma and presence made some people think that was all he was. 

You can say that for every top guy in Titan to a degree.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Same with Cena. If you were willing to suspend disbelief long enough and accept the Rock's sharpshooter and Cena's loosey goosey STF, that's your choice. That still doesn't make them not look like shit.

But the People's Elbow and Five Knuckle Shuffle are totally cool.

It's wrestling.  Suspend disbelief for everything.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 2

Just now, Tromatagon said:

But the People's Elbow and Five Knuckle Shuffle are totally cool

I loved The People's Elbow when it was just a cocky, arrogant douchebag thing he did.

When they started treating it as a legit finisher...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think this is the place where people think dudes need to work PWG.    Mark Henry and Chris Masters are DVDVR favorites. We all agree on like William Regal.  

Well, in defense, it makes sense for Rock not to have worked PWG.

Dude's a big Hollywood star. You think a guy like Dwayne Johnson would be caught dead in Reseda?

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

or ya know...worked on making his execution look a little more crisp and tighten up on those submissions

Same with Cena. If you were willing to suspend disbelief long enough and accept the Rock's sharpshooter and Cena's loosey goosey STF, that's your choice. That still doesn't make them not look like shit.

I love  ya Eddie but am baffled that a huge fan of Marty Scurll would not be a fan of The Rock seeing as The Villain is basically a UK version of the Rock.  

Edited by caley

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

He definitely had sloppy execution.

But he still had truly excellent matches with Triple H, Austin, Jericho, HWSNBN, and others. He was a fantastic athlete, had a really good timing, and had that otherworldly presence.

And he bumped like a fiend. Even in feuds where he was constantly laying vicious insults on guys, he more often than not made them look like a million bucks in the ring.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, caley said:

I love  ya Eddie but am baffled that a huge fan of Marty Scurll would not be a fan of The Rock seeing as The Villain is basically a UK version of the Rock.  

Well, thank you.

I don't see the connection between Marty and the Rock at all. 

I liked Austin's punches enough. I always thought they looked pretty decent.

John Cena's STF may be the move or finisher I hate seeing the most. The Skull End comes close, but Cena's STF has only looked good a handful of times. Otherwise it just looked like he was squeezing someone's face with his forearms.

49 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Man he says he loves you and you say thank you

That's some cold ass shit

Caley knows I love him. We have an unspoken bond.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1