Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

SUPER SHOW-DOWN II - June 7

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, L_W_P said:

As an independent contractor Rollins doesn't have insurance. The hospital evicted him as soon as he was able to stand up.

It was good to know that he sells injured ribs the same way he sells injured knees.  Extremely inconsistent

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Doesn’t need to help everyone to still be a good spot. 100% wasn’t a burial. 

We don't agree on much. I'm never going to see it that way. You're the Newman to my Jerry.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We don't agree on much. I'm never going to see it that way. You're the Newman to my Jerry.

I know how much the S-show means to you, so I'm honoured to hold such a place in your heart. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I know how much the S-show means to you, so I'm honoured to hold such a place in your heart. 

You know, "Hello Newbury" is almost "Hello Newman". It just works.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's John Cena, you're Cremator Von Slasher.
The tall one.
slider.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

He's John Cena, you're Cremator Von Slasher.
The tall one.
slider.jpg

I like that belt. Pure Violence Champion, that's awesome.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ComingToAmerica said:

The absolute last guy Taker should be giving the Tombstone to is Goldberg. 

He lost control of the move and did it anyway, I actually think that really sucks. He needs to end it.

Remember how Hogan told Undertaker that he got injured taking the Tombstone on the chair (Tuesday in Texas I think), and Taker believed him (and refused to watch the match for over a decade, because he felt so guilty at injuring a top guy)? And then he did watch it and got mad at Hogan for working him, since Hulk's head was about a foot and a half above the mat the whole time?

What he actually did to Goldberg, is what he thought he did to Hogan. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I always wonder why Owen Hart never reached out to Austin to apologize to him about the piledriver. Not trying to bash Owen Hart, but going by how everyone felt and talked about Owen, it seemed uncharacteristic of him.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, AxB said:

Remember how Hogan told Undertaker that he got injured taking the Tombstone on the chair (Tuesday in Texas I think), and Taker believed him (and refused to watch the match for over a decade, because he felt so guilty at injuring a top guy)? And then he did watch it and got mad at Hogan for working him, since Hulk's head was about a foot and a half above the mat the whole time?

What he actually did to Goldberg, is what he thought he did to Hogan. 

Survivor Series 1991. 

Piledriver is a dangerous move, more when done improperly.

Edited by The Natural

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I always wonder why Owen Hart never reached out to Austin to apologize to him about the piledriver. Not trying to bash Owen Hart, but going by how everyone felt and talked about Owen, it seemed uncharacteristic of him.

This is coming from Martha Hart so apply the proper amount of salt

Quote

Although Owen got along with pretty much all of his colleagues, he disliked Austin on a personal level. Owen thought he just wasn't a very nice person. Besides, he was one of those wrestlers that started believing he really was a world champion.

Their relationship soured even more during a match in August 1997. Owen administered a routine "tombstone piledriver" - a move that is made by picking up an opponent, flipping him upside down and placing his head near your lower thighs before dropping to your knees.

It was suggested that Owen placed Austin's head too low before dropping him. As a result, Austin was left on lying on the canvas claiming to be temporarily paralyzed.

The incident kept Austin out of action for an extended period of time and Owen took a lot of heat from the fans

Being a seasoned, extremely cautious wrestler, Owen told me he executed the move properly. He would have felt horrible if he had hurt anyone, but he would have owned up if he'd done something wrong. In this case he suspected Austin was being dishonest. He even told me weeks beforehand he thought Austin might fake an injury. Either Austin was using the incident as an excuse for some time off or, if he truly injured his neck, which surgery would indicate, Owen figured the damage had been done prior to their routine match."

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said it here before, but If they want Taker to do something it should just be Bo Dallas or somebody talking mad shit for weeks, Taker shows up, challenges, makes his entrance during the PPV, chokeslam, pin, over. Nobody in their right mind wants to see Taker actually wrestling. I guess except the Saudi prince or whatever, but just tell him no.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: taking Martha's word with a grain of salt, considering her completely inaccurate description of the move Owen used, you might wanna take her word with a salt lamp-sized grain...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I think that's the same exact match we could have gotten from Taker/Goldberg had it happened when Goldberg came to the WWF/E in 2002 up until he left in 2004. Goldberg has always wrestled this do way too much for something simple style. With Goldberg you're not looking for 30 minute matches. You're looking for him to spear the shit out of someone and jackhammer them.

That said it was a perfectly fine fight at the old folks home. Goldberg knocking himself out sounds about right. Taker was probably pissed at first from that kneebar attempt just because he can't bend like that anymore with all his new joints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Nobody in their right mind wants to see Taker actually wrestling. I guess except the Saudi prince or whatever, but just tell him no.

And they can just hire Brian Lee for those shows.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering how often they told us how hot it was, the crowd was anything but.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RolandTHTG said:

Considering how often they told us how hot it was, the crowd was anything but.

Well they were sitting in that same heat. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

 

I mean, I'm sure Bret felt a least a hint of schadenfreude. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know if it’s on the agents or it was Taker’s pride, but it’s absolutely wild that they thought they could hit a Tombstone reversal spot. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taker/Goldberg was fun until Goldy drilled the post with his head, then it went to shit. Two guys who were gassed, one of whom was concussed is a bad recipe.

Really liked Usos/Revival from the pre-show, and HHH/Orton was good, even if they went 10 minutes too long. The cash-in attempt was fun too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Taker/Goldberg was fun until Goldy drilled the post with his head, then it went to shit. Two guys who were gassed, one of whom was concussed is a bad recipe.

Don't forget they have a combined age of something like 106.

59 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I don’t know if it’s on the agents or it was Taker’s pride, but it’s absolutely wild that they thought they could hit a Tombstone reversal spot. 

Hell, Taker couldn't do it with Roman, how the hell was it going to work with Bill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Match ending Chokeslam reminded me of Undertaker's on Hulk Hogan at Judgment Day 2002, that bad. 'Taker was pissed at the end:

D8fXNr2U0AAU8rW.jpg

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Goldberg was going for a Jackhammer but it was a pretty sweet Brainbuster by accident. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Dewar said:

Taker/Goldberg was fun until Goldy drilled the post with his head.

I rewound this a few times. It looked like he head butted the bar between the post, and the buckle. Or(and this will sound like conspiracy stuff, bro) he rubbed off the Vaseline that was on his forehead in the area he cut open when he did his traditional pre-match head butt of the locker.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...