Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

SUPER SHOW-DOWN II - June 7


RIPPA
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guess we should mention that Baron Corbin vs. Seth Rollings for the Universal Title is now official

Also - Brock has/is advertised for a match yet still no opponent announced.

This show is also his last date until right before Summerslam (per Meltzer)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Guess we should mention that Baron Corbin vs. Seth Rollings for the Universal Title is now official

Also - Brock has/is advertised for a match yet still no opponent announced.

This show is also his last date until right before Summerslam (per Meltzer)

What's the best possible option for a Brock opponent? Joe again? Cesaro? 

Ah, what's the deal with Ali on this specific tour? He has a grudge with Lesnar and a match where he got some offense could do him some good? But you know...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For the way this show is constructed - the best possible option for Brock is a match against Mark Henry

REPORTED FOR PORNOGRAPHY

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The real money match is Lesnar vs Lance Anoa'i

That builds to Lesnar/Shane vs Reigns/Anoa'i at SummerSlam.

Shane takes the pin and we start the build to Lesnar v Shane at Mania.

#longtermbooking

Edited by L_W_P
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

All kidding aside, didn't Brock reportedly turn down flat a Shane match a few years ago? After the match where he bludgeoned Orton?

I think that was plan “a” for the year that ended up being taker/Shane...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

How was Brock and Henry's first encounter?  I don't remember it but I do remember a pic from the match being used as a loading screen for Here Comes the Pain video game. 

Short, but very fun. Henry had no credibility as a strongman after being a joke for so long. So it didn’t have that dream match heat. What it did have though was that Lex Luger Vs. Road Block vibe of wanting to see a tough dude toss around a big fat guy.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the show that is being billed as "possibly better than WrestleMania" has the following matches:

 

Seth Rollins vs Baron Corbin

Lars Sullivan vs Lucha House Party

Roman Reigns vs Shane McMahon

Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler

HHH vs Randy Orton

Braun Strowman vs Bobby Lashley

Finn Balor vs Andrade

 

Yeah, that's not a WrestleMania show. The Taker/Goldberg match will be "interesting" and the name value is big, but the match certainly will not be great. I'll maybe search out the match after the fact and possibly Finn/Andrade depending on reviews afterwards, but like the last Saudi show, I don't think I'll be catching this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2019 at 8:27 PM, MonteCarl said:

So the show that is being billed as "possibly better than WrestleMania" has the following matches:

 

Seth Rollins vs Baron Corbin

Lars Sullivan vs Lucha House Party

Roman Reigns vs Shane McMahon

Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler

HHH vs Randy Orton

Braun Strowman vs Bobby Lashley

Finn Balor vs Andrade

 

Yeah, that's not a WrestleMania show. The Taker/Goldberg match will be "interesting" and the name value is big, but the match certainly will not be great. I'll maybe search out the match after the fact and possibly Finn/Andrade depending on reviews afterwards, but like the last Saudi show, I don't think I'll be catching this one.

That's not even WM11.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's literally not one match I'm all that interested in. Balor/Almas might be good, but it's well known I like Andrade less than just about everyone (if I see that contrived back elbow spot one more time...)

Goldberg/Taker... Christ that would've been huge at one point, but can Taker even eat a spear at this point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

Yeah, that's not a WrestleMania show. 

I don't know.  It seems like it'll be an over-long slog to sit through.  That fits with the last few WMs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are all forgetting the 50 person Battle Royal which I prey for logistics is another Greatest Royal Rumble and there's not 50 mid to low carders in the ring all at once.

With Triple H, Undertaker and Goldberg on the show it's gonna be mostly entrances. what's the over under on match times for Taker-Goldberg and H-Orton? My Guess Taker-Goldberg goes 8 minutes tops what are they really gonna do? I'm anticipating H and Orton go 20 minutes in some forced story ending epic that is boring as hell. I don't know if there's two performers I have any less interest in than H and Orton.

Too bad the Hardys are hurt cuz Ryder and Hawkins could have had a title defense on the show. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Balor vs Andrade is about the only match I would want to see. We all know why he's the demon for this show, but they really need to establish a storyline reason for when/why he breaks the glass and uses it. Kayfabe wise, he looks really dumb using the demon to squash Baron, but wrestling as himself against Brock.

The 50 man battle royal could be fun to throw some 24/7 title bullshit, but man do I not care about anything on this show at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2019 at 7:14 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

How was Brock and Henry's first encounter?  I don't remember it but I do remember a pic from the match being used as a loading screen for Here Comes the Pain video game. 

Really good TV match, Henry looked good out powering Brock and Brock looked good tossing Henry around.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...