DVDVR Message Board

SUPER SHOW-DOWN II - June 7

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Honestly, I think that's the same exact match we could have gotten from Taker/Goldberg had it happened when Goldberg came to the WWF/E in 2002 up until he left in 2004. Goldberg has always wrestled this do way too much for something simple style. With Goldberg you're not looking for 30 minute matches. You're looking for him to spear the shit out of someone and jackhammer them.

That said it was a perfectly fine fight at the old folks home. Goldberg knocking himself out sounds about right. Taker was probably pissed at first from that kneebar attempt just because he can't bend like that anymore with all his new joints.

I didn't watch this bullshit but I'll say, the Goldberg/Brock match at Mania that year was like, near perfect for what it was. These videos are bumming me out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I mean, I'm sure Bret felt a least a hint of schadenfreude. 

The Schadenfreude Slam would be a great name for a finishing move.

I really wanted Mike Knox to use it when he was briefly an expert on Kinesiology(?).

• Like 2

Ah, he's an "ironically racist" 4chan troll Trump fan, basically. No need to find anything.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 1

Yeah I’ve read he’s a Lars type of guy on his Twitch stream. Never seen them, but apparently he’s read Kairi Sane erotic fan fiction, and has used anti-Semitic language on them. Sounds immature, but then again he’s 23. Right now it’s under the radar because he’s been out of the public eye, but I have this feeling wrestling journalist will dig it up soon.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I'm surprised the Twitch stream Mansoor/Brennan Williams run hasn't been shut down yet by someone in the PC. I haven't heard anything good about it. Mansoor's been ant-Semitic and creepy, Rhea Ripley dropped a homophobic slur, they've had strange bets where the loser asks another wrestler for foot pics. Hardly anyone looks good being associated with it

I swear we talked about what a piece of crap Mansoor is before. 

I think Rhea Ripley is also sadly a bigotted 4chan troll.

Edited by Craig H

16 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I slightly disagree. The two rematches he had with Lesnar were worth sticking around for. The few matches he did between Mania 30-33 were a fine retirement tour, including a brief reunion with Kane and the best send-off he could have hoped for at Mania 33 (as opposed to just the raw shock of 30).

Everything after that... well, I'm sure the money's good. 

I agree with all this. 2015 was Undertaker's last great year primarily for those two Lesnar rematch especially at SummerSlam and inside Hell in a Cell at the PPV's of the same name. Survivor Series hosted 'Taker's 25th anniversary in WWE. Will he make the 30th or go before then?

Edited by The Natural

8 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I agree with all this. 2015 was Undertaker's last great year primarily for those two Lesnar rematch especially at SummerSlam and inside Hell in a Cell at the PPV's of the same name. Survivor Series hosted 'Taker's 25th anniversary in WWE. Will he make the 30th or go before then?

I can see him in an elimination match, and stand on the apron to win it all at the very end. That would be a good way to legit end it. Maybe have him break character a bit with a speech, then have the locker room empty to give him a standing ovation. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Was it ever said explicitly that Vince was bringing the XFL back because of the angry white dudes screaming about kneeling black men, or was that coincidence? If it was a specific move to capitalize on such an audience, maybe homie can start a separate WWE brand to put all the Lars types and get those bigoted fucks off my TV screen...

• Like 1

I don't want to see Undertaker and Goldberg and these guys go kill themselves but I also think it's total bullshit that Goldberg is framing this as something he did "for the fans".  It's the money.   It's always the money.  Him and Taker went out there and damn near killed themselves for the money.  And the fucked up thing is that neither of them need the money. 

• Like 5