DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

2 hours ago, mystman said:

Well, first of all it was Flair. He was the 2nd or 3rd most over guy in wrestling at the time. Fans were salivating over a Flair vs. Hogan feud, and that really doesn't work if they don't make Flair out to be a big deal.

Second, its nowhere near hundreds who get treated like that. The only others who were treated close to that were Goldberg ,Styles, and Sting.

Didn't Gorilla Monsoon say that he didn't know who Flair was and that he had a fake belt that Heenan gave him? Not quite the red carpet.

1 hour ago, GodzillaPerez said:

WWE is partnering up with Nestle for a summer promotion because they found a shitty company that they weren't doing business with and had to rectify that.

What Nestle product? Because when I think of Nestle I think confectionary, and WWE's already got that Snickers deal. 

2 hours ago, ka-to said:

Didn't Gorilla Monsoon say that he didn't know who Flair was and that he had a fake belt that Heenan gave him? Not quite the red carpet.

Gorilla played it off as not being the WWF title but when Heenan said he was representing Flair, Gorilla had the best shocked expression he ever had on TV. He played being legit stunned by Heenan announcing Flair extremely well

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

People here have shared moving stories of loved ones with cancer and those who sadly passed away from it. I lost my best friend to the big c, only 26. I dread to think what the line was that was so offensive, Jon Moxley wouldn't say it and might have lost sponsors as a result. Awful exploitation of someone fighting for their life. As ever, fuck cancer.

He doesn't come out and say it directly, but it's easy to make the connection between Ambrose talking about the Make-A-Wish stuff being the thing he most valued in WWE and his frustration at being forced to make those comments. I mean, I doubt he was worried about insulting Roman or whatever, and it sounded like that it was more about some kids he'd met along the way.

• Like 1

Just finished the Moxley podcast, and I thought it was a great listen. I felt bad for him telling the stories of what sounds like a soul crushing atmosphere in WWE. I've had that same sickness in the pit of my stomach about the last funeral home I worked in. It was such a toxic, unhealthy environment that I dreaded going in and it made my depression and anxiety so much worse. It ultimately killed my passion for a business I cared so much about and felt like I was making a difference in. I'm genuinely happy for Moxley. The excitememt in his voice makes me excited for him.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm waiting for the movie. 

I'll be played by Brendan Fraser (circa "Mummy" franchise) (so I've been told).

6 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

Jericho stopping the show to shill products every 20 minutes was hilarious.  Jericho trying to talk me into buying kitty litter was not something I expected to hear today.

Jericho shilling cat litter was my favorite one. I think it was Arm & Hammer, which is pretty good litter. I clean the litter boxes everyday, so my home doesn't smell like cats. I had a friend I had to stop hanging out with because his house smelled like the litter boxes. The dude had a lot of cats. We also stopped hanging out because he was raising his son by himself. We used to do blow together, but he stopped to be a father while I wasn't ready to stop partying yet.

What I just wrote would make a hell of a cat litter commercial. That's gold, Jerry. GOLD!

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Just finished the Moxley podcast, and I thought it was a great listen. I felt bad for him listening to the stories of what sounds like a soul crushing atmosphere in WWE. I've had that same sickness in the pit of my stomach about the last funeral home I worked in. It was such a toxic, unhealthy atmosphere that I dreaded going in and it made my depression and anxiety so much worse. It ultimately killed my passion for a business I cared so much about and felt like I was making a difference in. I'm genuinely happy for Moxley. The excitememt in his voice makes me excited for him.

I Pastor now, but years ago I also worked in a funeral home because I wanted to assist with bereavement for families / provide family service at gravesides. At the end, I dreaded going to work because it was such a snake pit environment. I get it.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Casey said:

She's fine apparently, but Rachael Evers was hit by a drunk driver today while she was on her way home from the Performance Center.

Best part of the story is she chased the dude down on foot and got a fantastic photo. lol

• Like 6
  • Haha 1