DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

People here have shared moving stories of loved ones with cancer and those who sadly passed away from it. I lost my best friend to the big c, only 26. I dread to think what the line was that was so offensive, Jon Moxley wouldn't say it and might have lost sponsors as a result. Awful exploitation of someone fighting for their life. As ever, fuck cancer.

As usual, I agree with @The Natural and had something written out, but it's not worth it. I'm not letting Vince McMahon disrupt my calm and peaceful demeanor. You know what I mean?

Peace be with you, brothers and sisters.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As usual, I agree with @The Natural and had something written out, but it's not worth it. I'm not letting Vince McMahon disrupt my calm and peaceful demeanor. You know what I mean?

Peace be with you. brothers and sisters.

Cheers, @Nice Guy Eddie. Best wishes to you and posters here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys...I was invited to join an All Elite Facebook group and FUUUUUUUCK 99.99% of the people posting are living, breathing caricatures of stereotypical "rasslin' fans". So much inane, nonsensical drivel being constantly posted. Made me appreciate all of you and the amazing little community we have here. ?

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Guys...I was invited to join an All Elite Facebook group and FUUUUUUUCK 99.99% of the people posting are living, breathing caricatures of stereotypical "rasslin' fans". So much inane, nonsensical drivel being constantly posted. Made me appreciate all of you and the amazing little community we have here. ?

Best wrestling message board going. I tip my hat were I wearing one. 

• Like 4

There was also a point where Moxley references Vince paying Brock “billions” to either “run” or “ruin” his company. I couldn’t hear, but neither is a particularly happy sentiment toward Lesnar. Understandable...

Edited by just drew
Well holy shit, @black angel
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm also curious about what she thinks about Roman now since she and, umm, Gregg?, might be the two biggest Roman fans on here.

Like, to me, he seems to be acting differently than he did before he was out. Or maybe the time away allowed for a reset.

I'm a pretty big Roman fan, so I'll jump in on this.

He's not acting differently. Nothing has changed. Fans are treating him more softly because he's not in the main event scene and he still has that post-cancer grace period. But he's been booked pretty much the same. 

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

You people are overthinking this. 

Corey will pretend someone farted and then blame Renee.

Why have Corey fake a fart when you can hire Vampiro and get the real thing? 

22 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Why have Corey fake a fart when you can hire Vampiro and get the real thing? 

Because then you'd have to hire Vampiro?

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

From my experience, the people that are legitimately excited about AEW and supporting it are fine, but the WWE trolls "LoL t-shirt company" or the "AmBrOsE LeAvInG iS a WoRk!" and people looking for ways to pirate the ppv's make the groups a mess to be avoided.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:25 PM, Rick said:

Then how would you explain Flair appearing on Vince's show with the big Gold and going onto winning Vince's world title 5 months later in a match that housed a who's who of WWF royality (pun intended)?

That's just one example of Vince rolling out the red carpet, I'm sure there's hundreds more

Well, first of all it was Flair. He was the 2nd or 3rd most over guy in wrestling at the time. Fans were salivating over a Flair vs. Hogan feud, and that really doesn't work if they don't make Flair out to be a big deal.

Second, its nowhere near hundreds who get treated like that. The only others who were treated close to that were Goldberg ,Styles, and Sting.

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

WELCOME TO MY LUCHA UNDERGROUND FAN HELL

Seriously.  There's going to only be more when the Ambrose fans all jump over.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Vampiro also wouldn't remember why he was hired

What?

Too Soon?

While I run the risk of being "that guy" I would have hoped those kind of jokes would be off limits.  At least until it's proven he was full of shit in which case joke away.

As for AEW groups and such I get a taste of it when seeing the comments sometimes from BTE.  If that's a tiny microcosm of what goes on elsewhere I've seen enough to think "Fuck that shit"  Sometimes it's okay to stay insulated in a message board if it means not having to deal with that mess.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

While I run the risk of being "that guy" I would have hoped those kind of jokes would be off limits.  At least until it's proven he was full of shit in which case joke away.

As for AEW groups and such I get a taste of it when seeing the comments sometimes from BTE.  If that's a tiny microcosm of what goes on elsewhere I've seen enough to think "Fuck that shit"  Sometimes it's okay to stay insulated in a message board if it means not having to deal with that mess.

Agreed. That's why I lurked here for ever and barely post.

• Like 1

Dean Ambrose's "Vince McMahon" voice sounds like John DiMaggio imitating Johnny Sorrow.

It's pretty hypnotic, tbh. 

• Like 1

WWE is partnering up with Nestle for a summer promotion because they found a shitty company that they weren't doing business with and had to rectify that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I was glad to hear Ambrose take some time to deride the annoyingly persistent bullshit that current WWE guys' big problem is that they don't take time to establish a relationship with Vince and pitch him ideas, as if he wouldn't just scream "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU" and chase 95% of them out of his office

What did he say about Austin? I missed that

• Like 2