DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

9 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I like you. I like everyone on here. Except Niners. He has terrible taste in football teams (I KID, I KID)

I'm not saying everyone here has me on their most hated list. I don't think that. But being called anti-white and having that group practically cheer about it, labeled a sheeple, never having my grievances considered when everyone else gets to say almost whatever they want--it wears on a person in time.

Lashley in TNA:  "I beat people up and win championships."  Followed up by him beating people up and winning championships.

Lashley in WWE:  "I love my sisters."  Followed up by doing obstacle courses, getting called Bob, and slapping his ass.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I'm not saying everyone here has me on their most hated list. I don't think that. But being called anti-white and having that group practically cheer about it, labeled a sheeple, never having my grievances considered when everyone else gets to say almost whatever they want--it wears on a person in time.

I remember distinctly that it was @Rick who said you or your comment was anti-white. There was literally no group saying that and there sure wasn't a group cheering about it. I remember this well because it's the first time I can recall someone on here saying someone else was anti-white and thinking that notion was hilarious because of how ridiculous it was.

In fact... Here's the thread: http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7578-kiss-from-mandy-rose-on-a-graves-sdl-252019/page/3/&tab=comments#comment-834395

That takes you or anyone else to that exact page where what you allude to happened.

Please stop saying stuff about people or groups of people on here that isn't true or doesn't reflect reality. I mean, you continued posting in that thread, even communicating with Rick, and there was a good back and forth about Sasha and what moves the needle these days.

I'm sure you'll ignore this, but I hope you don't and I hope you go back and look at that and see there was no one person or group cheering anything of the sort on. I hope you go there and see the good discourse that was there. 

One final thing I want to point to is this...

I hope you note the responses to your comment.

I've had that dude on ignore for a while. And my comment was true, every other comment of his is racial in nature, usually signalling in some way and taking petty shots at white people. I clearly struck a nerve, because I had the audacity to call him on his bullshit and he remembered it. Anyway I'm not trying to get banned, so I'll leave it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ace said:

Jim Cornette just sided with the Young Bucks.

I’d think in a spat, Jim would side with just about anyone versus VR. 

He might even side with Jim Herd if those were his two choices.

Edited by odessasteps
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

DVDVR Gang Warz

Judging by the thread Craig posted and the responses, most of the white dudes posting here regularly are ike this:

Nation+Kid.gif

?

-----------------------------------------------------

I think Jim Cornette still has something to contribute to wrestling based on his work at the booth in MLW, and I really, really wish he'd stop it with the whole "histrionics and internet feuds for clicks" thing. He's not Vince Russo, he has talent, he still has value, he can do better than this. 

Russo has to rely on clickbait and producing QAnon for deluded pro wres fans, but Cornette is definitely better than that. 

Back to the Gang Warz era, was there a worse PPV during the WWF's hot period of 1997-2001 than IYH: No Way Out of Texas? I would say no, no there was not. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m assuming Craig and Burgundy have been on the opposite side of some heated Roman drama from time to time, but I’ll be damned if I’m pulling up old threads. 

Aside from cancer being just the worst, it also robbed Roman of the really salty heat he used to get. Hopefully he does something awesome soon like squash Kofi and get some of that salt back. 

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I’m assuming Craig and Burgundy have been on the opposite side of some heated Roman drama from time to time, but I’ll be damned if I’m pulling up old threads. 

Aside from cancer being just the worst, it also robbed Roman of the really salty heat he used to get. Hopefully he does something awesome soon like squash Kofi and get some of that salt back. 

You would be wrong. At most, we disagreed, but not directly speaking to each other. She may be more positive about the guy than me, but I've always said I like Roman, I just think they booked him like shit for someone they wanted as the face of the company. The booking and Vince's fingerprints on his promos never did Roman any favors.

The way Roman is booked now is so close to how he should be booked, which is someone who goes out, beats everyone's ass convincingly, doesn't look like a dope, and if he ever looks weak it needs to be against another convincing monster.

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

How was Otto and Andre?  Seems like something I'd like

I remember the matches I've seen being pretty plodding, and not in a good way.  I need to see if there's anything earlier, I think everything I've seen was around WMIII.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Can we have a somewhat normal group of white guys instead of the nazi bikers?

We did, but it was what Vince imagined a "normal group of white guys*" would be like.  That ended up being Right To Censor.

*mostly

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

If we're doing Gang Warz I want to be on the Green Team. If they're full then I'll settle with Purple. 

Wrestling is neat.

You're not Mr. Purple. Some guy on some other job is Mr. Purple. You're Mr. Pink. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2