DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

Impact is the only company that's managed to harness charisma from Lashley. He's got a great look and is okay in the ring, but he doesn't connect with people.

• Like 3

Lashley was also a great straight man in the Steiner feud years earlier, in TNA. Although the greatness of the feud was mostly Steiner being Steiner at his least restrained.

Lashley is exactly why managers need to be a thing again.

Rush was ok but imagine someone like Alexa Bliss doing the talking for "The Body" Bobby Lashley and having him pose like prime Arnold while she reels off his numbers.

• Like 4

Just let him be that guy again. Coming out in a suit and shades, say he's gonna beat everyone's ass and then does exactly that. I always wish the full segment of this was online 'cause it was damn good. He was killer on the mic and in the ring throughout 2016. Impact just used him so much better, of course same for EC3 among others.

• Like 5

First guy to pin the Undertaker clean on PPV. Main evented a big 4 PPV. Former KOTR winner. Went over in two Mania title matches. A fondly remembered character of the attitude era. Snorted coke off a limo. Responsible for the introduction of Oscar. Arguably the best pushed 100% African American in the history of WWE.

We need to talk about Mabel' s HOF credentials.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

First guy to pin the Undertaker clean on PPV. Main evented a big 4 PPV. Former KOTR winner. Went over in two Mania title matches. A fondly remembered character of the attitude era. Snorted coke off a limo. Responsible for the introduction of Oscar. Arguably the best pushed 100% African American in the history of WWE.

We need to talk about Mabel' s HOF credentials.

One negative:  Used dry humping as a transition move.  That's a finisher in Mexico, baby.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Lashley is exactly why managers need to be a thing again.

Rush was ok but imagine someone like Alexa Bliss doing the talking for "The Body" Bobby Lashley and having him pose like prime Arnold while she reels off his numbers.

Remember when the whole Faarooq/Sunny thing got dropped because they were getting the wrong kind of heat in the wrong towns?

What a time to do it all over again.

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm guessing the Vis/Lillian stuff has aged poorly.

It sucked back then too. But I'm sure it's also aged poorly. 

On the contrary. It's way ahead of its time.

A big fat guy who considers himself a great lover and is creepy and cringey to a girl to try and get her?

In 2019 put a Bullet Club shirt on him and you have a bonafide hero to a lot of fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

9 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Even doing hokey shit, Ambrose was the most reliable big pop generator in WWE for a few years.

Will be curious to see if he drops the Les Kellett rebound lariat from his regular moveset.

I don't think he's used it since he came back from his injury last August, so the question would be if he'd bring it back.

4 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

On the contrary. It's way ahead of its time.

A big fat guy who considers himself a great lover and is creepy and cringey to a girl to try and get her?

In 2019 put a Bullet Club shirt on him and you have a bonafide hero to a lot of fans.

Did Viscera ever have a neck beard?

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The coke story pisses me off. Shawn Michaels, one of the biggest drug abusers in the federation, rats out a fellow employee to the boss. What a low little prick of a man.

Wasn't the story even worse than that, where Shawn actually got a bump off him and *then* went and ratted him out for how big the line he just snorted was?

4 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

"He's got to have it!"

Are we inducting Viscera, Big Daddy V, Men on a Mission, or Ministry of Darkness?

Last few years showing a need for nostalgia sing a long acts, it's gotta be Men on a Mission. Crowd would pop for a live Whoomp There It Is.

18 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I'm not liked around here. Not with as much as I get crapped on by certain people and their friends.

I like you. I like everyone on here. Except Niners. He has terrible taste in football teams (I KID, I KID)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Raw might do a decent viewership of people looking to see if there is a reaction to AEW

It would be hilarious if lots of people tuned in for the first time in a while to see how Vince would react to AEW and were greeted by..... 50 minutes of talking.  Followed by a Shane McMahon squash match.

I will never understand how this company has remained so profitable.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

It would be hilarious if lots of people tuned in for the first time in a while to see how Vince would react to AEW and were greeted by..... 50 minutes of talking.  Followed by a Shane McMahon squash match.

I will never understand how this company has remained so profitable.

Market share, brand familiarity, and semi-competent business people. With those three, you can ride out a garbage product for quite a while. 

Then there's the TV business environment they stumbled ass backwards into. Boom, perfect storm.  

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

On 5/26/2019 at 5:32 PM, AxB said:

I'm pretty sure @Cristobal only watches WWE stuff. But he's not been around much (in threads I've been in). And I've not seen him in GTA because I stopped playing it really late at night all the time.

I only watch fetish wrestling videos, youtube videos of backyard wrestlers falling off of roofs, and NXT UK.

• Haha 4