Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

They do, but it's a lot like MLK Blvd.  Every city has one, but it's probably best not to go there.

So you're trying to say the further down the block you went the badder it got?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, matt925 said:

In the observer update today it says the main event for 7/1 wwe show in Tokyo will be Styles vs Nakamura vs Bryan vs Samoa Joe. No mention of it being broadcast or not. 

They also announced Rhonda Rousey would be on this tour too.

I have to assume it will be just like last year's Japan tour in that they will tape it all but we might see 8 seconds of it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They also announced Rhonda Rousey would be on this tour too.

I have to assume it will be just like last year's Japan tour in that they will tape it all but we might see 8 seconds of it

That would be a shame, I'm not a big fan of Fatal Four-ways, but damn, how can it miss with that line-up? Tokyo of all places will go absolutely nuts for Nak and Styles returning to Japan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unearth amazing quality footage from 1983?  Sure, no problem!

Record a current day amazing sounding match and show more than 10 seconds of it?  Nah.  

WWE has us all caught up in such an abusive relationship.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I really liked the Mauro doc, but I wish it were longer. While I don't suffer from bipolar disorder, quite a bit of what Mauro has been through reminded me of my own issues with clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder. In fact, I just started a temporary leave from work due to my anxiety getting significantly worse  thus affecting my quality of work. I'm seeing my psychiatrist next week and I'm sure a medication change is in order.

Good luck.  In your corner, pal.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I really liked the Mauro doc, but I wish it were longer. While I don't suffer from bipolar disorder, quite a bit of what Mauro has been through reminded me of my own issues with clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder. In fact, I just started a temporary leave from work due to my anxiety getting significantly worse  thus affecting my quality of work. I'm seeing my psychiatrist next week and I'm sure a medication change is in order.

Dealing with similar issues, I empathize.  This may sound lame and cliche, but honestly, for me, buying a bike last year helped.  I literally have been on the brink of losing my shit all week at work from my anxiety issues, and I took a 2 hour ride yesterday and I felt normal again. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2018 at 5:03 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I really liked the Mauro doc, but I wish it were longer. While I don't suffer from bipolar disorder, quite a bit of what Mauro has been through reminded me of my own issues with clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder. In fact, I just started a temporary leave from work due to my anxiety getting significantly worse  thus affecting my quality of work. I'm seeing my psychiatrist next week and I'm sure a medication change is in order.

Best wishes mate. I'm waiting to see one, got the letter in April finding out it's not till August.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Dealing with similar issues, I empathize.  This may sound lame and cliche, but honestly, for me, buying a bike last year helped.  I literally have been on the brink of losing my shit all week at work from my anxiety issues, and I took a 2 hour ride yesterday and I felt normal again. 

Same or a drive to somewhere new with some good tunes, can really distract you from what's bothering you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Lets think of wrestles with better real names than gimmick names. 

I will start with an obscure one. Botswanna Beast/Kimala II real name is Ben Peacock. 

Ricky Steamboat's real name is Richard Blood

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Victator said:

Lets think of wrestles with better real names than gimmick names. 

I will start with an obscure one. Botswanna Beast/Kimala II real name is Ben Peacock. 

Sorry, this should begin and end with "Richard Blood"... It just doesn't get more studly than that.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RolandTHTG said:

Surely "Dick Blood: Pansexual Vampire" featured in at least one of those PWI Apartment Wrestling ads?

No, but for some reason this reminds me unpleasantly of a story someone submitted to me about a snot-vampire.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2018 at 9:32 AM, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Speak for yourself.  At my age, I think I've been involuntarily relocated to the State of Decay.

Needless to say, we're all living in a Land of Confusion.

 

And if you paired Richard Blood with Barbara Blank you'd have a solid 70s B-team comic series.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2018 at 12:03 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I really liked the Mauro doc, but I wish it were longer. While I don't suffer from bipolar disorder, quite a bit of what Mauro has been through reminded me of my own issues with clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder. In fact, I just started a temporary leave from work due to my anxiety getting significantly worse  thus affecting my quality of work. I'm seeing my psychiatrist next week and I'm sure a medication change is in order.

Sorry to hear that man I wish you the best of luck. I just got diagnosed with panic disorder and subsequently PTSD last year. It's a long road but I'm finally starting to feel better after a year of lexapro and other herbal supplements that may or may not be legal at the federal level. Hang in there buddy.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Sorry to hear that man I wish you the best of luck. I just got diagnosed with panic disorder and subsequently PTSD last year. It's a long road but I'm finally starting to feel better after a year of lexapro and other herbal supplements that may or may not be legal at the federal level. Hang in there buddy.

More pot is probably the answer I need.

 

1 hour ago, kafkonia said:

Needless to say, we're all living in a Land of Confusion.

 

And if you paired Richard Blood with Barbara Blank you'd have a solid 70s B-team comic series.

Dick Blood and Barbie Blank could have also made for a great 70's pre-AIDS awareness porn couple.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been going through Chris Jericho's second book recently and got a kick out of how much of a dick Vince McMahon is to Jericho for no real reason at all

-When Jericho was honoured with the Order of the Buffalo Hunt by the Manitoba government -an award for his charity work and success that had been given to the Pope amongst others- Jericho asked Vince if he wanted to mention it on Raw to which Vince responded "That's a stupid name. It sounds like something Fred Flintstone would get."

-When Jericho invited Vince to his wedding, Vince said "Winnipeg? Why would I want to go to Winnipeg?!"

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...