DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

I actually did have a lump the size of a baseball on me shoulder blade. It nearly killed me because it made me septic. If Punk did have that sorta cyst for so long, I'm not sure how he was walking, much less wrestling. 

One thing in the doctor's favor is I would have to think he has some sorta info to even bring this to court. Unless WWE is bankrolling the suit to harass Punk. 

I don't like Punk at all, but I like corporate stooges less. Hopefully the jury does not have to watch the Zapruder film of Punk's ass WWE put up. 

This is what Meltzer wrote in the WON last week

The lawyers for both C.M. Punk and Dr. Chris Amann started meeting on 5/21 doing preliminary work preparing for trial that was originally to start this week. There were reports from Pro Wrestling Sheet that there were last minute regarding settlement talks. I never thought it would get this far. I had figured that in discovery, one side or the other would see the writing on the wall and want out. The very little we’ve heard is that the Punk side was very strong in wanting this to go to trial, even though his side is the one most at-risk from a jury verdict. If the Amann side loses, they are out legal fees (which the belief is that WWE is funding anyway) but Punk can get hit hard with a bad verdict. And while a win by Punk would be a huge moral victory for him and a vindication, the reality is it’s not going to really matter to WWE. One person close to the situation said that “the defense (Punk’s side) has worked long and hard on building a case for trial. Anything is possible but the defense is ready and prepared for a jury trial.” As of midweek, the plaintiff lawyers were delaying things but they should be starting jury selection soon.

I'm having flashbacks of Hogan in the Gawker trial, explaining the difference between Hulk Hogan and Terry Bollea as "Hulk Hogan", except it's goddamn Colt Cabana.

• Haha 2

What is the whole point of the lawsuit to begin with? What is either side looking to gain from a victory? What does the other side lose with a loss? I get that Punk said some things on Cabana's podcast that made Amann look bad, but........so what? It didn't cause him to lose his job. He didn't lose any money. Is this just a "libel" case over Amann's hurt feelings that Punk said he's a shitty Dr?

21 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

What is the whole point of the lawsuit to begin with? What is either side looking to gain from a victory? What does the other side lose with a loss? I get that Punk said some things on Cabana's podcast that made Amann look bad, but........so what? It didn't cause him to lose his job. He didn't lose any money. Is this just a "libel" case over Amann's hurt feelings that Punk said he's a shitty Dr?

Amann: "Judge, I'm suing Punk because of his podcast claims and his fans keep making fun of me on Twitter."

Judge: "Are you still making money?"

Amman: "Yes."

Judge: "Get your crying ass out of my courtroom."

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

I think the libel side of this is one (and I heard this rumor on a podcast but gawd I can't remember where) they were saying stuff like now the other wrestlers don't trust the doc as much which could lead to problems. The second thing was while his pay may not have changed now, when/if he goes back to independent work this could clearly hurt him if people look him up and see this. I think if I were a doctor and this were untrue, I would do the same thing. 

They should just bring back Zahorian for the time being. He’s still in practice. 

On a side note, wouldn’t it be weird to have to schedule a visit with the urologist and it ends up being that guy? Do you play it cool or end up asking him WWF shit to kill time?

"did you, in fact, know that it was your job to make Roman look strong?"

"objection your honor, the witness is a professional."

"your honor, it goes to intent."

"I'll allow it. But counselor, Be careful. We all know Roman needs to be kept strong."

• Haha 1

"Your honor, were calling a surprise witness."

"this is highly unusual."

"your honor the defense calls Dr. Znadin Pakowski. Inventer of the Z-Pak."

(audible gasps)

"OBJECTION YOUR HONOR"

"ORDER ORDER I WILL CLEAR THIS COURTROOM."

"your honor, Dr. Pakowski is an elderly man and we do not see how..."

"your honor it goes to intent."

"I'll allow it. But watch yourself, counselor."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Fat Spanish Waiter involvement.

"We call Mr CM Punk to the stand."

"Mr Punk do you swear to tell the truth blah blah."

"sure. Heh heh. Yeah."

"Mr. Punk, is it true thatFATSPANISHWAITER LOOKOUT!"

(CM Punk ducks)

"AH HA!!!!!!!"

(audible gasps)

"ORDER ORDER I WILL CLEAR THIS COURTROOM!"

"your honor we request a recess."

"YOUR HONOR WE DEMAND A MISTRIAL BE DECLARED!"

"MAY I SEE COUNSEL AND MR PUNK OR SHOULD I SAY MR WAITER IN CHAMBERS!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

It was MRSA not staph that went misdiagnosed I think.

Punk is ticking all the boxes for Vince to eventually bring him back on a big contract part time: Failed UFC career (Brock) + beating him at trial (Warrior) = Vince's respect and huge paydays 

Punks MRSA claims, if I remember correctly, were that a doctor told him he should be in the hospital for a week on strong IV antibiotics and he instead talked them into giving him pills and that did the trick. That really set off my bullshit meter more than anything else in the podcast. I mentioned it to a nurse friend of mine and he laughed his ass off. He essentially said if you have a MRSA infection in a lump the size of a baseball there’s no pill that could possibly heal you. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it went like - Punk had a lump on his lower back, Amann supposedly didn't diagnose it and just gave him z-paks constantly, and it wasn't until Punk left WWE and went to AJ Lee's doctor that he was told it was full blown MRSA and they... do whatever it is they do to get rid of MRSA. Cut it out? I don't know.

I specifically remember Punk saying AJ's doctor told him that he should be dead since it went undiagnosed for that long and it was pretty nasty.

Also, @piranesi, this is at trial right now. Jury selection was weeks ago apparently. The first day in court they played the entire 1st episode of Cabana's podcast with Punk, advertisement plugs included.

If I got selected to serve on a jury and I was forced to listen to a podcast - any podcast but especially a wrestling one - I am voting guilty. I don't fucking care the charges.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5