DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

It should be a mash-up with "Diamonds From Sierra Leone" since diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair.

I know that song is because it was Alex Shelley's theme while he was a member of The Embassy. Otherwise, I couldn't name a Kanye song.

• Like 1

You think they are gonna do something completely nuts like have Jinder be the one to beat Brock at Extreme Rules then Roman beats Jinder at SummerSlam then boom Braun cashes in?

7 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

You think they are gonna do something completely nuts like have Jinder be the one to beat Brock at Extreme Rules then Roman beats Jinder at SummerSlam then boom Braun cashes in?

Jinder was pulled out of a match with Brock once, he's not getting another chance. 

47 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jinder was pulled out of a match with Brock once, he's not getting another chance. 

Touché 

In reality is like to see Braun get the brirfcase and them build a 2-3 program leading to Braun pinning Lesnar in the main event of a Raw. 

Maybe pop a rating and sell out a Raw. Goes against the current business model I know.

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

That's a terrible idea, because the Universal Title should not be passed around like a hot potato like that; but I'm also 99.9% sure that it's still better than what will inevitably come to pass. So, congrats?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

High praise considering some of Flair’s current clubbing buddies. 

I mean even this is better

Or some of this. 

15 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

The Punk & Cabana vs Amman trial is going on right now.  A Chicago Tribune reporter is there and  they're apparently playing the entire podcast -- intro all the way through plugs and upcoming events --  for the court. 

This was from yesterday. Bix also had a bit of an explainer on twitter for why there's no one reporting on the trial outside of Greg Pratt, who only reported on it because he had a few minutes to sit in a watch the trial. He's not assigned to cover the trial or anything. We may get nothing out of what happens during the trial today. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I like to think of Punk entering the court room with a “It’s litigation time!” pose. 

Who is representing the trainer, McDevitt?

Jackie Chiles, obviously

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Absolutely bonkers to me that Vince wasn't involved in the FOX meeting. Granted, he's got his hands full with being at TV and the XFL I guess, but it's hard not to take that news as anything other than a sign that WWE will ostensibly be in good shape if Vince ever fully hangs it up or dies 

Judging from the end of that match I don't think we can trust Dandy any more than Satanico. Who are you to doubt El Dandy? Well, ask Satanico that one...

FOX, WWE, Enzo... these last couple pages are just a murderer's row of people who should be shot to the moon with no food or water. Also, what is that Punk trial even about?

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Judging from the end of that match I don't think we can trust Dandy any more than Satanico. Who are you to doubt El Dandy? Well, ask Satanico that one...

FOX, WWE, Enzo... these last couple pages are just a murderer's row of people who should be shot to the moon with no food or water. Also, what is that Punk trial even about?

WWE doctor Chris Amman is suing Punk & Cabana for libel.  It stems from Punk appearing on Cabana's podcast after his departure from WWE, wherein Punk essentially labelled Amman a quack and/or corporate stooge, less concerned with wrestler health than he was about just getting guys back in the ring.  Punk apparently had a horrible undiagnosed staph infection for a long time and Amman (Punk claims, please don't sue me) just kept giving him the same antibiotics (Z-Pack) and sending him back out there instead of paying attention to the symptoms and actually diagnosing him.

Not that my two cents is worth a shit, but I doubt Punk is lying so much as  being in the wrestling business just sort of conditions people to naturally work and exaggerate shit sometimes for any or no reason. So in the same way 6'6 Big Cass is a "seven footer" or 93,173 people were at WM3 even though ~78k is impressive enough on its own, maybe a little cyst or something might become the size of a baseball and so on and so forth as the story is retold.