DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

After Braun eviscerates the Miztourage, Maryse should get into the ring begging for her husband's life. Braun grabs her, and then it's like that scene in Predator 2 where he spares Maria Conchita Alonso because he uses his Predator vision to see that she's pregnant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Victator said:

Braun will raise the Miz spawn as his own. He attempts to love it as the child thinks Braun is her real father. 

The widow Miz is on her own. 

I want the baby to live in Braun's beard and Braun feeds it like a mother bird feeding its chick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Miz is just the best. He really deserves another World (or "Universal") title run. When he started in WWE I never thought I'd be all in on seeing him pushed more but he has become one of the most entertaining guys in WWE. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Agreed. He's even better this time around than he was the last time he won the world title. If you look at where he was when he cashed in his briefcase on Orton to now, he's improved so much. It's really remarkable. Part of the reason for why the Miz works so well as a heel because he'll frequently bring up that no one else works as hard as him and it's true. I don't think there's anyone else who busts their ass as much as the Miz. Dude is always looking to improve. 

And he's now at the point where he can actually put Braun over at WM and actually elevate Braun.

By the way, I'm guessing they've completely forgot about the beef between Braun and HHH. The rumor had been HHH vs Angle at WM and then that became Braun vs HHH until it was seemingly dropped.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

So WWE stock prices are soaring and industry experts are talking about an upcoming TV rights bidding war.

Doesn't this sound really familiar?

I still remember before the network debuted, some financial analyst swallowed their bs social media numbers and talked about how the network could have 8-10 million subscribers. Like, only 3 million will watch for free, but somehow 8 million will pay? 

Even now with the mixed match challenge on Facebook, some expert was saying how it can beat raw for viewers because cable costs money and Facebook is free. 

And these people are supposedly experts. It’s hilarious.

When was it, 2014? That this exact same thing happened.

Although it does look like Fox might be serious about using some of that Disney cash, maybe even making an offer (which Vince is allegedly willing to listen to for the first time ever) I still think this will fizzle and they'll wind up still on USA on a very similar deal to what they got last time.

34 minutes ago, matt925 said:

I still remember before the network debuted, some financial analyst swallowed their bs social media numbers and talked about how the network could have 8-10 million subscribers. Like, only 3 million will watch for free, but somehow 8 million will pay? 

Even now with the mixed match challenge on Facebook, some expert was saying how it can beat raw for viewers because cable costs money and Facebook is free. 

And these people are supposedly experts. It’s hilarious.

A hint from someone who used to do this stuff a long time ago.  They are paid to spew those numbers.  Note how many sell recommendations there are versus buy recommendations.  The Million Dollar Man would be proud.  Generally, the company tells them what to print for expectations.

27 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

When was it, 2014? That this exact same thing happened.

Although it does look like Fox might be serious about using some of that Disney cash, maybe even making an offer (which Vince is allegedly willing to listen to for the first time ever) I still think this will fizzle and they'll wind up still on USA on a very similar deal to what they got last time.

I think Vince will listen because you always should listen.  Sometimes people do dumb things like make dumb offers.  If I were Vince and someone offered me twice the market cap I would cash out in a second.  You don't have to say yes but you should always listen.