DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is All Shook Up - 4/10/2017

Rev Ray

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There were 11 individuals moved just from SDL to RAW (12 if you count Otunga)

If you pair Miz and Maryse and Slater & Rhyno that puts the number at exactly at 9

So I am pretty sure the 9 meant superstars moving to RAW

SDL will probably get at least 7 back (not counting Saxton)

If you don't count Maryse and Hawkins as Superstars you're still at 9 to RAW or I just can't count and math is hard

BTW - the WWE website is providing the cover for the Bray/Randy story by saying that since Bray invoked his mandatory rematch clause against Orton - that is why it can happen on Payback (and that might be the entire reason Stephanie picked him (they made sure to make it clear that this was a Steph pick))

• Like 1

The lack of transparency is amusing in all of this, especially if Smackdown ends up with less people. They should have just called it the Corporate Redistribution. 

Cesaro/Sheamus vs Hardys and Jericho vs Owens are both booked for Payback, no? So it's going to be multibrand on the idea that at least one of those matches probably has to have some new smackdown talent. 

Isn't Jericho already in Fozzy mode?

BRAWN's beatdown was hilarious, I was just watching it on youtube and when they're still backstage and the fake security guys are all shouting "Braun enough. Braun. Braun!" I was hoping he would start swatting them like flies and maybe bite off a head or two.

4 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Most underrated part of the show was Dana reading a book called "How To Be Your Own Protege."

lol yea I dug that too.

I think the Alexa and Mickie moves will be good. Raw's women's scene was in dire need of something fresh. And I can see Bliss creating a nice little duo with Nia Jax. Plus, Mickie should have a nice opportunity to break from the pack here. 

9 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Maybe now that Bray is gone we get a Harper singles push or a program with someone not involving the rest of The Wyatts.

Silly HumanChessgame.  Rowen just returned to Smackdown, so Harper's likely still stuck in Wyatt quicksand.

8 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Braun needs a WWE Shirt ASAP!

In a fair and just world, "I'M NOT DONE WITH YOUUUUUUUU!!!!" would become the new Austin 3:16.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

The lack of transparency is amusing in all of this, especially if Smackdown ends up with less people. They should have just called it the Corporate Redistribution.

Papa Hales posted something similar on Twitter last night, but I actually find these mysterious backroom dealings less insulting/kayfabe breaking than the old matches between Raw and Smackdown where the winning brand gets a randomly selected Superstar (tm) from the other brand.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

So Nia Jax dumped Charlotte on her head after a shoulder breaker and then just let her splat face first to the floor while getting kicked in the head on a miscalculated catch from a top rope moonsault from Charlotte, Finn Balor got KO'd by an elbow from Jinder Mahal and Xavier Woods got spiked on his head from a Shatter Machine from the Revival.

25 minutes ago, Edwin said:

So Nia Jax dumped Charlotte on her head after a shoulder breaker and then just let her splat face first to the floor while getting kicked in the head on a miscalculated catch from a top rope moonsault from Charlotte, Finn Balor got KO'd by an elbow from Jinder Mahal and Xavier Woods got spiked on his head from a Shatter Machine from the Revival.

Of the three having just watched... 

1. Both women are at fault, just mistiming, accidents do happen.

2. No fucking excuse, Mahal is more unsafe than Rollins and that covers a lot of ground. No one has ever bought a ticket to see this tool, why does he have a job again?

3. Always tuck the head. That said, that just looked nasty. 

Sigh. Got my son all excited about taking him to his first WWE Show, which is Backlash(Smackdown Brand).

Last night nearly all the wrestlers he wanted to see were traded away. Dean Ambrose. Bray Wyatt. EVEN FUCKING KALISTO. JUST LET MY KID WATCH KALISTO. HE LOVES HIM.

On the plus side we still have Shinsuke Nakamura so we're still psyched about that. But I don't know who we could get from RAW to make up for this. I can't even tell you how upset he will be if we lose Kalisto but gain Xavier Woods.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OSJ said:

2. No fucking excuse, Mahal is more unsafe than Rollins and that covers a lot of ground. No one has ever bought a ticket to see this tool, why does he have a job again?

Because like the announcers put over in that match "no one out diets him or puts more time in the gym" Vince isn't gonna let a body like that go no matter how sloppy he is in the ring. Look at how long Ryback was around for, until Mahal either loses his body, gets popped for a couple wellness violations or starts trying to play hardball in contract negotiations he'll be here for a while.

23 minutes ago, quackhell said:

I swear I fully expected them to cut to an overhead shot outside the building as the second ambulance left and showing Braun t-boning it like a run away train. I mean why not at that point. 

Trying to decide which would have been better:

- just Braun not in a vehicle slamming into the ambulance like the T-Rex in The Lost  World.

- Braun somehow driving an actual train he hijacked and lifted off the track into the street.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, OSJ said:

Some excellent thoughts... I really hope Finn goes to SDL so I can watch him, I refuse to watch RAW under any circumstances when "Better Call  Saul" is on.

FWIW, through the power of DVR, I was comfortably able to start Raw an hour in, start Saul fifteen minutes in, and then finish Raw less than an hour after it ended in real time.

• Like 1

I kinda feel like they were NOT expecting that reaction for Alexa Bliss and hurriedly sent Mickie out there with nothing to say to cut it off.  "Oh man, they're really cheering for Alexa...oh no, now they are agreeing with her about how this Sasha-Bayley relationship is kinda weird...quick send Mickie out, they'll cheer her...oh no...Mickie is dying...uhh....send out Nia!"

• Like 1

Braun beating down Roman was maybe the best bit of TV they've produced on Raw in years. I can't recall the last time I saw something so awesome. It reminded me so much of Steve Austin's backstage beatdowns. Everything went perfectly for the audience. Roman gets destroyed, Braun throws him like he was throwing a cruiserweight, Roman gets crushed with a giant cargo box, crowd chants "YOU DESERVE IT!" in the best "YOU DESERVE IT!" chant ever, Braun sends Roman flying on the stretcher, "I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU!!!!," and then tips an ambulance over for good measure.

I can't help but think that Vince planned all of this thinking it would really get Braun over as a heel and make the fans feel sympathy for Roman. Instead, Braun is now one of the biggest faces on Raw. Back to the Steve Austin stuff, it's like Austin and Bret Hart. You have Braun doing a bunch of heel shit while Roman is pouty and, it turns out, the audience wants to get behind the ass kicker more than the pouty guy with greasy hair. 

And I'm always amused when Brysynner points out every week how Braun is just this flash in the pan and he'll eventually fizzle. Here's the thing though, if you keep having Braun win and win clean, he's not just going to be a guy who is only over for a short window of time. If they keep giving Braun the Ryback treatment, then yes, he will eventually go that route. That's why it isn't acceptable to look at Braun and say he's ok to lose matches to Roman. He isn't, just like it wasn't ok with Ryback losing constantly to Punk and Cena. When someone is this over you have to take the chance and strap a jet pack on them and see what happens when you make a concerted effort at pushing this guy and not in a 50/50 kind of way.

Braun is the most imposing and biggest freak of nature they've had since Brock Lesnar debuted. The guy does things no one else does and he's become something special to this crowd. Everything about him is unique, from his look, to the freaky athletic things he does in the ring, to the insane feats of strength he pulls off like knocking over an ambulance. If you have something this special, this unique, and this over, then you have to get behind this guy in a big way so that his period of being over isn't just for a short period of time. 

• Like 4

I agree with your sentiments Craig but with this being WWE I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sent to Smackdown tonight, jobs clean to Roman at Payback and is in a comedy tag team with Ellsworth by July.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sublime said:

I agree with your sentiments Craig but with this being WWE I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sent to Smackdown tonight, jobs clean to Roman at Payback and is in a comedy tag team with Ellsworth by July.

Oh, I mean, this is what we should expect to happen.

But still, when something special like this comes along, I can't not be hopeful. Maybe they'll get it right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

I think they keep him around just because of the Indian market. The WWE is huge in India and for a country that has over a billion people, they always seem to find the shittiest wrestlers for them (him, The Great Khali). Meltzer had a thing on WOR that if he was being tested by USADA he would be so fucked right now. There's no way he's passing any test.

I love the fans reaction to Braun/Roman:

1) Roman beats Undertaker cleanly. 

2) Braun sneak attacks Roman from behind.

3) Braun won't stop beating an already hurt man.

4) Braun then tosses a stretchered Roman onto the floor.

5) Then he pummels him as he is in the ambulance.

6) Then he tips over said ambulance. 

Yes, clearly Braun is the one who should be cheered in this scenario as he routinely attacks a man for no real reason beyond professional jealousy. Wrestling fans are terrible people. They are heels. The whole thing was awesome but wrestling fans are garbage people. 

• Like 3