DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2016 POST SHOW

RIPPA

This may have already been pointed out, but everyone in the Rumble match was an active member of the current roster, and not some legend brought back for a surprise. I hope that's a trend that continues.

I guesss AJ is a tweak to the formula, a debuting surprise entrant.

Sasha got booed for kicking Becky right after getting a thunderous pop so I'm not buying Becky hasn't caught on. She's come a long way, and more than held up her end of the feud. It'll be a shame if they cast her aside, but as we all know that can't focus on more than two women at a time.

• Like 1

This may have already been pointed out, but everyone in the Rumble match was an active member of the current roster, and not some legend brought back for a surprise. I hope that's a trend that continues.

Killjoy. I would have been pretty frustrated if I was in that crowd as opposed to last year. DDP coming out made me happier than anything else in the Rumble except for maybe how hilarious the Rock's expression was when the place was booing.

• Like 1

Becky hasn't caught on, and Sasha is over.  She's getting the push, Becky is cast aside until they figure something else.

Sasha Banks should get the push. Sasha's brilliant.

The problem with this is that the women's division is already delicate and if you solely push Sasha, then we get a similar scenario when Nikki was champ for nearly a year with Paige being the only one who consistently went after her.  Parity is not always a bad thing.

Sasha deserves a push, no doubt.  But with them actually putting a little effort into the women's division for once, they need to have several viable candidates ready to go.  They'll run into the same issue with the men, but at least with the guys it's spread across different spots on the card.  If this implodes for the women, they return to looking bad again.

I didn't like this at all. I always want a goofy surprise or two at the Rumble. I mean, would it have been so much to have, say, X-Pac come in for that Swagger spot?

EDIT: Also what Matt said up there. That kinda shit is super fun, especially for one of the two WWE events that people come out of the woodwork for.

• Like 2

I think we're all missing the most hilarious/terrible part of the entire show: Dean's rebound lariat was officially named THE WACKY LINE.

Didn't Mauro name it the Lunatic Lariat during his Smackdown debut? That's a million times better than the Wacky Line.

Jericho's physique is not a ringing endorsement for DDP Yoga. Dude has lost nearly all definition in his chest and upper body. I never noticed how much muscle mass Jack Swagger has lost too until tonight.

Finally, anyone who said that Brock stiffed Strowman and took it easy on the rest of the Wyatts didn't see some of the Germans Harper took. He landed on his shoulder blades and neck a couple times.

Becky hasn't caught on, and Sasha is over.  She's getting the push, Becky is cast aside until they figure something else.

Becky hasn't caught on? Last night's match was the most I've seen a crowd be in to a Women's match on the main roster in a LONG time. Becky got cheered like hell coming out, the crowd was behind her the whole way with several chants, there were no dead air spots where it sounded like they were in an empty arena, the crowd booed when Becky lost. Becky is over, and deservedly so

• Like 1

The problem with this is that the women's division is already delicate and if you solely push Sasha, then we get a similar scenario when Nikki was champ for nearly a year with Paige being the only one who consistently went after her.  Parity is not always a bad thing.

Sasha deserves a push, no doubt.  But with them actually putting a little effort into the women's division for once, they need to have several viable candidates ready to go.  They'll run into the same issue with the men, but at least with the guys it's spread across different spots on the card.  If this implodes for the women, they return to looking bad again.

The biggest problem is a WWE-wide problem of having an inability to book wrestlers in a feud without a title.  I think it probably would help the diva's division to introduce divas tag titles (And put them on the Bellas because they're pretty much the only fairly consistent divas tag team since Laycool), then you would be able to keep 6 divas in the limelight, rather than 2.  The biggest issue they have now is that they have champion-challenger, and everyone else just stands around with nothing to do until the next program.  I mean, they had that whole thing with Nattie and Paige which was immediately dropped when Paige went after the title, Team BAD and Team bella pretty much disappeared when Becky and Charlotte's angle started.  Now Becky will disappear while Sasha goes after the title and, presumably, wins it.  At which point Nikki Bella will likely return, and you wont' see Charlotte or Becky as they do a Nikki/Sasha with Team Bella/BAD build to Wrestlemania.

Yeah, I thought Becky started to find her place on the main roster and in the audience's hearts the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately, she's probably going to get shunted back to having nothing to do immediately for the usual reasons.

They also used almost their entire roster for this show. I checked earlier today and the only active non-injured roster members that were not used in some capacity for this show were Fandango, Fernando and Diego. I would be worried about my future, if I was one of those three guys.

"contractually obliged rematch" - why on earth, if they're that intent on screwing roman PUT THAT IN THE GODDAMN "CONTRACT"? please, it wouldn't make any sense. Why would there even be a contract?

Why am i bothering?

It appears to be a kayfabe part of the standard WWE contract. "If you lose a championship, you get a rematch." Blah blah blah.

Does it make a lot of sense? No. Is it the logic they are most likely going to use? Yes.

"contractually obliged rematch" - why on earth, if they're that intent on screwing roman PUT THAT IN THE GODDAMN "CONTRACT"? please, it wouldn't make any sense. Why would there even be a contract?

Why am i bothering?

It appears to be a kayfabe part of the standard WWE contract. "If you lose a championship, you get a rematch." Blah blah blah.

Does it make a lot of sense? No. Is it the logic they are most likely going to use? Yes.

While I would love to see them curveball everyone and actually say "Hey dumbass, you didn't notice we left the rematch clause out of your contract," that sort of booking may lead one to believe they are purposefully trying to make Roman look bad, almost like a political hit of sorts...

The biggest problem is a WWE-wide problem of having an inability to book wrestlers in a feud without a title.  I think it probably would help the diva's division to introduce divas tag titles (And put them on the Bellas because they're pretty much the only fairly consistent divas tag team since Laycool), then you would be able to keep 6 divas in the limelight, rather than 2.  The biggest issue they have now is that they have champion-challenger, and everyone else just stands around with nothing to do until the next program.  I mean, they had that whole thing with Nattie and Paige which was immediately dropped when Paige went after the title, Team BAD and Team bella pretty much disappeared when Becky and Charlotte's angle started.  Now Becky will disappear while Sasha goes after the title and, presumably, wins it.  At which point Nikki Bella will likely return, and you wont' see Charlotte or Becky as they do a Nikki/Sasha with Team Bella/BAD build to Wrestlemania.

Nikki Bella should get the push. Nikki's brilliant.

If Ambrose won, there would be two questions. Who would he face at Mania and what will happen with the IC title. Ambrose would relinquish the title on Raw and thus setting up a tournament (with Semi and Quarter Finals happening at Fast Lane) and then have the finals of that tournament go down at Mania. This new spot could be used for Zayn/Owens or for an excellent showcase for Styles against a good worker like Rusev.

Regarding the entrance video in Natural's post, they couldn't even bother to make an edit and switch to a shot of the tron showing "I AM PHENOMENAL"? What the fuck. Nope, the best way to show that is how it was originally broadcasted, with Roman's dumb fucking look on his face.

• Like 2