DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2016 POST SHOW

RIPPA

It was reasonable to restart the match. Tunney likely gave the go ahead to restart. Ramon was already being pushed as a new type of face, one who was perfectly willing to cheat first.

It was such shit. Earl running down to say the heel cheated while conveniently not telling Marella that Razor had cheated first? The match should have been thrown out all together. IRS wasn't even TOLD THE MATCH WAS RESTARTED. The Rhode Island Rim Job. Wait. Rhode Island Racket.

Ramon cheating did not change the finish. Ramon cheated hitting Schyster with a briefcase IRS brought into play. That makes a big difference. He also got another visual pinfall from a super belly to back suplex. 

So if Earl had informed the acting referee of Ramon's cheating, Ramon keeps the belt by DQ. 

Most likely the restart happened because a completely unrelated third party (not a manager or tag partner) interfered. Which for the time period was rare for title matches.

And while they're bringing back the Rumble theme song from the golden days, bring a plate of kukain for Vince to snort and have him do those glorious introductions where he lists off the entrants.

I should correct myself and say the Black or White rip-off was for WM IX (and then used the next 3 or 4 years) but I try to block that sum'bitch out of my mind as much as possible.

It was reasonable to restart the match. Tunney likely gave the go ahead to restart. Ramon was already being pushed as a new type of face, one who was perfectly willing to cheat first.

It was such shit. Earl running down to say the heel cheated while conveniently not telling Marella that Razor had cheated first? The match should have been thrown out all together. IRS wasn't even TOLD THE MATCH WAS RESTARTED. The Rhode Island Rim Job. Wait. Rhode Island Racket.

Ramon cheating did not change the finish. Ramon cheated hitting Schyster with a briefcase IRS brought into play. That makes a big difference. He also got another visual pinfall from a super belly to back suplex. 

So if Earl had informed the acting referee of Ramon's cheating, Ramon keeps the belt by DQ. 

Most likely the restart happened because a completely unrelated third party (not a manager or tag partner) interfered. Which for the time period was rare for title matches.

If Earl was going to run down there to change the finish, it should have been to disqualify Razor. Obviously he was watching, which meant he saw Razor cheat, but elected to not even mention that part and instead go after the heel who wasn't actually even involved in the cheating.

I wish they'd bring back the old-school Rumble theme, too.

1994 used a weird theme that never got used on any other PPV to my knowledge.

https://clyp.it/vjr3jzwe

I wish they'd bring back the old-school Rumble theme, too.

It'd be wrong to have that theme and not have Vince shouting "IT'S THE ROYAL RUMBLE" over it. 

Hopefully they keep that clip in the can even after Vince dies.  Like Bob Shepard continuing to posthumously announce Derek Jeter at-bats.

• Like 2