DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Watching Scooby Doo the Wrestlemania Mystery and there's a tag match where Sin Cara literally slingshots himself from the ring apron on one side into a sunset bomb to the outside on Del Rio who is on the other apron. This is followed by Big Show getting Powerbombed onto the ring ropes and bouncing through the announce table by Cena only to bring in a picnic table. Also at one point in the movie Cena straight up picks up the Mystery Machine. And they all live in WWE City.

It's the best basically.

But seriously. All these animated projects and stuff designed for kids. Why isn't there a WWE Wrestling anime Ultimate Muscle style?

While talking about the dumpster fire that is TNA someone mentioned that a money mark should spend his money on ROH and build them up. But considering their owned by Sinclair that isn't really feasible. What if a money mark came in and bought out WWNLive and charge a subscription model to access all the shows and content. I'm not sure how much you would need to charge to make everyone happy and still be able to have a number that is within the realm of the online wrestling marketplace but I think if you are going to make a claim for being the #2 wrestling promotion in North America that will come from having a reliable internet base instead of through cable TV

The strip club I lived at in college

You were there all the time or you had an apartment above it?
There all the time. They let everyone who worked at a bar on the Missouri side in for free (which I did). And after 1:00, all the Missouri bars had to close by law. So the only place to drink was at the strip clubs across the river in Illinois. And my best friend was the bartender, she tried to give me free drinks as much as she could.

Aw, man. Sorry to hear about your liver. Your poor, fucked up racist liver ... ha-chachacha!

• Like 1

Watching Scooby Doo the Wrestlemania Mystery and there's a tag match where Sin Cara literally slingshots himself from the ring apron on one side into a sunset bomb to the outside on Del Rio who is on the other apron. This is followed by Big Show getting Powerbombed onto the ring ropes and bouncing through the announce table by Cena only to bring in a picnic table. Also at one point in the movie Cena straight up picks up the Mystery Machine. And they all live in WWE City.

It's the best basically.

But seriously. All these animated projects and stuff designed for kids. Why isn't there a WWE Wrestling anime Ultimate Muscle style?

My favorite was Scoobs and Shaggy RIDING CENA'S UNCONSCIOUS BODY DOWN A RIVER LIKE A RAFT.

• Like 2

I once had a very nice young lady dance on my lap as "Ikari no Jushin" played. It was my 22nd birthday and a few friends got the DJ to play that and "Cha-la Head Cha-la".

The people in the establishment were very confused.

James

• Like 8

Here's a reality-based angle that WWE can do with Daniel Bryan.

He comes out and complains that although the doctors have cleared him, WWE won't let him wrestle. Bryan says he is the rightful WWE and Intercontinental champion because he never lost either title in the ring.

The Authority explains that they gave him the ball twice and he dropped it twice, not because he's not a good wrestler, but he just can't stay healthy. As a compromise, they let him wrestle matches with 5-minute time limits against guys like Heath Slater and Bo Dallas.

This gives the fans their Daniel Bryan fix and leads to an IC title match at WM 32 against Kevin Owens, who tries to take Bryan out with an injury to protect his prized title -- just to provide for his family.

If Bryan can prove that he can stay healthy by wrestling a non-crippling style, then WWE can consider putting him in the World title picture in the following year, with his injury status always looming as a potential problem.

I will let WWE have this idea for free, as long as they give me a shot to announce in NXT.

Lemme tell you all who should win the Royal Rumble, baby!

Picture it: all the big names you'd expect to be around late in the Rumble, already eliminated.  Cena, Reigns, Ambrose, Orton, Rollins, etc.  Gone.  The ring's just filled with a bunch of guys with nothing going on like Slater, Axel, Cesaro, Ryder, etc.  Then the clock starts ticking down for entrant 28 and it's Brock Lesnar.  They all glom him but he starts chucking guys over the top left and right.  Then the clock starts ticking down for entrant 29 and it's THE MONSTER MENG!  The two are about to collide but Mojo Rawley is still hype and the two punt him around the ring until the clock starts ticking down for entrant 30.  Mojo's eliminated; possibly dead.  No time to dwell on that though as Lesnar and MENG tie up and end up eliminating each other just as entrant 30 enters the ring therefore number 30 wins the 2016 Royal Rumble and it's BUNKHOUSE BUCK!

The stage is now set for the biggest WrestleMania in history as "The Celtic Warrior" Sheamus defends the WWE World Heavyweight Championship against the 1st ballot WWE Hall Of Famer BUNKHOUSE BUCK in a TEXAS BULLROPE MATCH!

Also, "The Beast Incarnate" Brock Lesnar collides with THE MONSTER MENG with NO HOLDS BARRED!

Other matches on the card include:

The all-star team of Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, "The Vigilante" Sting, and The Undertaker facing the combined might of The Wyatt Family!

It's teacher vs. student as "The Authority" of "The King Of Kings" Triple H looks to take Seth Rollins to school!  With special referee "The Yes Man" Daniel Bryan!

Tag team action with the unlikely pairing of Bull Dempsey and "Cowboy" Chris Jericho taking on the international duo of El Torito and Japanese legend Yoshihiro Takayama!

And in the Dino Bravo Memorial Bench Press Contest, it's Texas' own "The World's Strongest Man" Mark Henry taking on the challenge of "The Swiss Superman" Toni Cesaro!

All this and much more!  Card subject to change.

An event bigger than Sami Zayne returning for One Direction's final concert!  Bigger than D'Angelo Dinero's visit to America, daddy!  An event so big that it's going to sell out the Silverdome!  I know WrestleMania is at Jerry World.  This event is so big that they're going to need to bring back closed-circuit television and re-open the Silverdome to satiate the masses!

It's BEAST vs. MONSTER!  It's THE CELTIC WARRIOR vs. BUNKHOUSE BUCK!  It's WrestleMania!  It's what the world is watching!

• Like 2

Hornswoggle got popped for a Wellness Violation

http://http://corporate.wwe.com/news/2015/wwe-suspends-hornswoggle

STAMFORD, Conn., September 28, 2015 – In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Dylan Postl (Hornswoggle) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company’s policy.

Doesn't the E test for pot?    I've heard stories about Hornswoggle loving some weed.  

Otherwise, I can't possibly imagine why he would get hit with a violation.  

Unless there was some creative bookkeeping and this is yet another Orton violation getting passed off on someone else.