DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

He's probably not given it any serious consideration, but I wonder if he actually thinks he (or anyone else) could hold someone's attention for a three-hour match beyond the furthest fringes of outliers.

I get that Bryan's the guy that would do it in front of no one just because, the performance art vs. making money thing always intrigues me, though.

Could be misremembering but the way the story goes, this was the plan for the 2/3 falls with Aries, until they called an audible over not having enough to do.

I think they decided that the (remaining) crowd just wasn't going to be able to deal with it, so they decided to cut it short. Slightly surprised noone has tried to top the Punk vs Hero 93 minuter.

It could happen but they would need 6 months-1 year to rebuild Rusev in to the monster he used to be before he was demoted "Ziggler Hell"

James

I dunno. With how fast things move nowadays, I don't think it would take that long to build him back up. Like if next week, he just went out and put Ziggler through the mat and then crushed a couple of other midcard geeks for a month or two, people would probably buy him at a main event level. There's so much tv time now that I think you can build a guy up pretty fast.

eh... maybe. I'd at least want to get him some major wins on PPV first. Like if Rusev and Reigns feuded for a month and they made it that Rusev is the one guy Reigns can't get the juke on?

I'd be all for that

James

He's probably not given it any serious consideration, but I wonder if he actually thinks he (or anyone else) could hold someone's attention for a three-hour match beyond the furthest fringes of outliers.

I get that Bryan's the guy that would do it in front of no one just because, the performance art vs. making money thing always intrigues me, though.

Could be misremembering but the way the story goes, this was the plan for the 2/3 falls with Aries, until they called an audible over not having enough to do.

and that match at Testing the Limit ended up going 74 minutes

That card was also Too Cold Scorpio's lone ROH appearance.

Back to the WCW, Contract List. 

Anyone have any idea why Leo Burke is on this list? Talent relations or something like that, maybe?

His wikipedia page says he was a trainer for WWF and then WCW after he retired in the early 90's.

I'm oddly intrigued by the idea of a Lesnar/Wyatt match.

I've always wanted this. More looking forward to the program than the match though. But yeah, give it to me.

Bray has been a great stealth bumper, making everyone he's in there with look amazing.  Lesnar/Wyatt would be pretty amazing, and like Fresh said the program of Brains vs. Brawn and Heyman vs. Bray on the mic could likely make ALL the money.

Then at the end, they team up and destroy everybody.

and that match at Testing the Limit ended up going 74 minutes

That card was also Too Cold Scorpio's lone ROH appearance.

Punk and Cabana also lost the tag titles that night. I was at that show.

It also has Samoa Joe's (likely) worst ROH match against Trent Acid.

He had a higher base salary than Naitch!

Naitch would have a lot more money if he had a better agent. Did Flair ever have a chance to test the WWF waters during the Attitude Era? That would've driven his price up.

Actually, Flair during the Attitude Era would've been interesting.......

He was considering going during the WCW lawsuit. He tells a story in his book where he was going to be sitting ringside at a WWF event and JR would go over and introduce "Wrestling Champion from here in Charlotte" and then introduce Reid who had just won an amateur wrestling tournament. Then Reid would be asked what he was doing here and he would respond with "I'm here because WCW won't let my father wrestle."

Flair was actually outside the arena waiting for word if WWF could do it and get away with it but WWF eventually said no.