DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - JUNE

Dolfan in NYC

Selective outrage over fan voting is funny. It's okay when Ichiro or Joey bats lead all votes because people in a foreign country vote en masse, but not when its done for a whole team.

Whoa...when did Canada vote Joey Bats into an ASG?? He got voted in because he hit 26 and 20 homers by the all star break in 12 &13. And Canada has 34million in population...there aren't enough baseball fans to swing a vote lol. 

• Like 1

I presume it was Canada and the DR voting him in, plus people also voting "on merit." Not that he was undeserving, just he was helped by the international vkte, just like Ichiro and various NHL ASG players, like this past year.

so, we can just claim that Venezuelans have hoarded enough electricity to cast tons of votes for Venezuelans Salvador Perez, Alcides Escobar and Omar Infante? (along with votes for Cain and Moustakas, who both spent some time in Venezuelan Winter Ball)

Weird baseball night. Three position players pitched. A starting pitcher pinch-hit for Yunel Escobar. And Pitcher Chris Young knocked in 3 runs for the Royals. The Cardinals got their third consecutive 3-2 victory. Various people got ejected, including a Montero ejection leading to the Schwarber debut.

If the Royals complete the sweep of Milwaukee, Ned Yost becomes the winningest Royals manager ever against his former team. He's at 409, Whitey Herzog had 410 wins. The KC record being 410 is a reminder that most Royals managers get fired before their 500th game in KC. Ned could pass Whitey for winningest Royals manager and pass Tony Muser for losingest Royals manager in the same week.

Granted, various Royals maladies led them to start Joe freaking Blanton tomorrow. Blanton has built his 2015 record on pitching in low pressure spots. But apparently he improved by not being so fat.

To make matters worse in the 8th inning the Phillies were trying to change pitchers again but nothing happened because the bullpen phone was off the hook.   Just an incredible level of stupidity here    :lol:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/this-moment-of-phillies-ineptitude-brought-to-you-by-th-1711866014

In defense, Ruben Amaro's been spending all day trying to trade every password to the Phillies' server to St. Louis if they'd take Ryan Howard off their hands as well, and well...they made a 75-year deal with AOL back in 1995 for their ISP as part of the Phillies Way.

Rob Manfred has had just about enough of this Kansas City ballot stuffing.

''We'll see how it all turns out. ... We are responsive and open to change if we get a result that is not consistent with the goals of the system that is in place.''

Just make the system not count for WS home field advantage and then problem solved

Pretty much. I think more than anything else when he took over, I wanted him to do away with the "this time it counts" bullshit.

Either this leads to the end of This Time It Counts or the end of fan voting (ala 1957).

I'm more than fine with either casualty, and in fact I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both.

Same. We'll see, though. The long standing reason, as originally stated by idiot Bud Selig (I think), was that without knowing which league will have home field advantage, it makes booking flights, hotel rooms, etc. an impossible mess. Yeah. Just think about that solid logic.

Same. We'll see, though. The long standing reason, as originally stated by idiot Bud Selig (I think), was that without knowing which league will have home field advantage, it makes booking flights, hotel rooms, etc. an impossible mess. Yeah. Just think about that solid logic.

That these were the concerns most on his mind confirms my every bias about him.

Don't follow MLB much, but the Cardinals hacking story is quite fascinating.  Sure sounds like heads are going to roll.

In other news, the Orioles beat the piss out of the Phillys 19-3.  That's the good news for me (O's fan)  Bad news it was against the Phillys, who have lost 8 straight and are dead last.  Also bad news if you hate Baltimore.

If I was Ryno, I would be looking to get the hell out of dodge and ask Theo if there's any openings.

The Cubs are too good for him.

Seriously, he might have shitty talent to work with in Philadelphia, but he's proven himself as a pretty incompetent manager over the last ~two years

If I was Ryno, I would be looking to get the hell out of dodge and ask Theo if there's any openings.

Seriously, he might have shitty talent to work with in Philadelphia, but he's proven himself as a pretty incompetent manager over the last ~two years

The thing with Ryno is he got a reputation for being really good with young player. So him and the Phillies were always a shitty match.

I was thinking of something like an ambassador or whatever non-coaching role they could find for him.

Rob Manfred has had just about enough of this Kansas City ballot stuffing.

''We'll see how it all turns out. ... We are responsive and open to change if we get a result that is not consistent with the goals of the system that is in place.''

Kudos to Rob Manfred. Bud Selig wouldn't have done shit about it.