DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - JUNE

Dolfan in NYC

I love Lloyd McClendon:

http://deadspin.com/lloyd-mcclendon-gets-ejected-goes-bezerk-receives-sta-1708637787?utm_source=recirculation&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=wednesdayAM

I lost it when he ran all the way over to third to bitch some more. This may top the time he stole first base, and that video is also in the link above.

Wait he is actually managing in the majors? I would think that disaster in Pittsburgh would have been enough to stay clear of that guy

It's Seattle, that's how/why.
  • Like 1

Wait he is actually managing in the majors? I would think that disaster in Pittsburgh would have been enough to stay clear of that guy

It's Seattle, that's how/why.

To be fair, not even John McGraw would've been able to finish .500 with those horrendous teams the Bucs assembled at the time. Derek Bell and "Operation Shutdown" - Need I really say any more?

Glad to see the current Pirates are FINALLY looking like the team we thought they were going to be coming into the season. Usually West Coast trips are a death march for them so coming out of the last one in 2nd place and trimming 3 games off the Cards' lead is highly encouraging.

Of course, everybody is banking on the Cardinals cooling off sooner or later yet I'm 110% convinced the Pirates could win 109 games and the Cardinals would use their devil magic to win 110.

• Like 1

Astros call up SS Carlos Correa (Top 5 prospect via everyone's list).

He will become the youngest player in the majors. So yes... Addison Russell's run as youngest player lasted like 6 weeks.

For what it's worth, I view Correa as the best prospect in baseball. Just an amazing talent. But like Russell, this felt real early. Then again, Russell has been a 1 WAR player so far as a Cub.

The Astros were a team I thought could be dangerous this year, but I didn't think he'd be this dangerous this fast.

Speaking of terrible closers

Guy from Chicago Sun Times says Cubs are close to signing Rafael Soriano

UPDATE! - Cubs announce the signing

It's a minor league deal.

Yeah... so much to laugh at here

Well when he gets called up - it will be a prorated $4.1 million deal with $4 million in incentives (based on appearances and games finished)

And if you saying "minimal damage" - you clearly didn't watch him try to close out games for the Nats during the stretch run last year